Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Underpriced Players

• 07-08-2021 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32,603 ✭✭✭✭

Spent a bit of the morning looking at this before i start really hitting into draft tinkering.

Which players would you price higher if you were asked to place a value on them today? This isn't a who do you think the best players are for your drafts. I understand why Salah is essential, and I'll be having him, but I probably wouldn't be pricing him any higher than he is either.

Interestingly though i did have Trent in the category. I think 7.5 doesn't fully cover how far ahead of the other defensive options he is as an option.

Raphinha was another standout case at 6.5, Buendia for me also and the 2 Arsenal golden boys probably would have had an extra .5 on them for me too.

I didn't think there was too much value in the Forward prices (Pukki I would have had at 6.5), but in the goalkeeper spots I thought the 2 United keepers and Sanchez probably could have been given an extra .5 when looking at the guys in the bracket above them.

Obviously there are players like Fofana who don't really apply here (when they previously would have), because I don't think you would place a 4.5 value on him with him having a broken leg, but Amartey at 4.0 may be a shout now if/until Leicester sign that CB.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Fred Astaire

Townsend at 5.5m for Everton.

Loved by Rafa, in a better team than he had at Palace and Newcastle. Everton have decent opening fixtures and should pick up a few wins with him among goals and assists.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

Emile Smith Rowe (5.5)

Ihaenacho (7.5)

Harvey Barnes (7.0)

Could all be priced a lot higher if their form from the second half of last year was to continue.

Antonio (7.5)

Callum Wilson (7.5)

Are priced for their injuries. When fit, they are underpriced. When injured, get rid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I think Zaha will prove to be under priced at 7.0. He'll be back playing in his best position at left wing in a 433 and is on penalties. You'd have to assume Viera will play a more attacking system then Hodgson too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭remoteboy

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Rael

And Antonio's been looking really good in pre-season too. For some reason YouTube keep recommending their highlightss video over the past two weeks (despite me being a Liverpool fan 😄) with him and Benrahma looking sharp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,386 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Raphina

Coufal

Think Digne and Shaw being the same price is ridiculous, would have Digne all day long

Calum Chambers if he keeps his spot is incredible value for an Arsenal team with no European football, likewise White and Holding but Chambers in particular

Mahrez when he plays is the city player with the most potential, 9m is cheap if he’s playing

Disagree on United goalies and Sanchez, will Sanchez make 150, probably not, Henderson 160? If they don’t then they’re in the right bracket

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭Markx

Interested in why you have such an extreme view on Digne/Shaw. I was on Digne from first draft now not so sure.

Shaw scored more points from less minutes last season, granted it wass really close. What do you see that makes them being the same price ridiculous?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,603 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Sanchez's PPG (he didn't start the season remember) would have seen him on 142 points. Brighton conceded 6 more than their xG last season so if they were to regress to the mean, he'd be over 150.

Worth a mention also that 150 is a score that alot of GKs at higher prices didn't reach, be that from actual points or PPG. Even Pope is only 170 the last 2 seasons and he is 5.5 and still has more than 5% ownership at that premium price.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,549 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

If Digne had someone other than Pickford behind him, then maybe he would be under priced, as seen in their friendly yesterday he's still prone to errors. Everton could do a lot worse than to sell Pickford for good price, and price up a new keeper - the likes of Romero on a free would have been good business.

At 7.5m, TAA needs to be hitting 200+ imo given the fact he gets 4 points for a CS, and extra points for goals then mids/strikers. Having him v not having him - what you do with the extra 2/3m makes all the difference really.

If Jota was guaranteed to start/play 90 mins, then he would be great value at 7.5m

200 feels like a high expectation for 7.5, given the players you expect to get that are all 11 million plus in the attacking spots.

Prices don’t translate between positions exactly like that, considering the wealth of options below 7.5 in the defender slot as alternatives, but eh I think if Trent manages 180 even (an average of nearly 5 per game) it will feel like money well spent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,549 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

I think though you have to look at what 180 means for him compared to a player that is 2/3m cheaper than him. For instance if Stones plays the same minutes as TAA this season, would you expect TAA to outscore him by say 40/50 points?

There is a problem in that though, the exact reason Stones is priced lower is because we don't expect him to play the same minutes. A reliable guy in that City defence who had attacking threat (Stone's xG is double Dias') would be 6.5. With that considered, yeah I figure the extra points expectation Trent brings over Stones would be worth paying a million for if both were starting every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,386 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Dignes attacking returns are far, far greater. Shaw has 19 assists in nine PL seasons.

This may be personal bias but I don’t buy Verane making them super tight at the back. Playing a high line would be a disaster, Maguire still turns like a jumbo jet. Southgate made him look like Baresi at the euros because he played to his strengths.

On Verane, name one 28 yo defender that’s come into the PL and made it? Maybe Desailly, would you call him a success?

Madrid are letting him go for a reason

I'm not too interested in making an argument one way or the other; just wondering if I was missing something obvious. Not sure anything you mention there makes them being the same price ridiculous. Probably a bit of a coin flip on which to pick from my point of view.

If I was to contribute one here I'd say Harvest 'Harvey' Barnes. 7 could be a snip if he's fit and starting every week.

Yeah, I think the same, but I'm a little unsure about whether the latter part will apply. My worry with him (that is currently making me go without a player I would otherwise want), is that even if he is the starter, with Iheanacho, Daka and Albrighton currently sitting on the bench, is he going to be a 70 minute average player in the games he starts (and then further subtraction needed for rotation)?

We all love xG per 90 AND xA per 90 as a stat and Barnes' stats are very good in this respect, but are we gonna need to divide those stats by 9 and multiply by 7 to get a more accurate representation of his expectation?

As you said, if he becomes a demonstrable 90 minute man, he is a near cert for me at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I'm not a United fan but Shaw improved a lot last season, he still only got 5 assist though which surprises me. Digne would be tempting though if they ditch Rodriguez as he'd get more set pieces.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,633 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I wonder if Begovic at 4m becomes a good backup option now!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I've had Barnes in since my first draft

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭The wonderfish

Which forward do you think is the best at 5m and under? Slim enough pickings, going with Idah as my bench fodder

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Ninja Avenger

Cucho at watford may be the only 5m or under forward to start the season. I've gone for a 4.5m forward as last on bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Think Tierney and Reguilon could have been 5.5m each, injuries last year is probably why Tierney is that price. If he avoids injury I definitely think he's worth the extra. 5m over the more popular White. Think Regulion is priced at 5m due to rotation last year but hopefully won't be rotated are much this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭skinny90

Gundog is 7.5m... going on last season thats a steal

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

Giving Dele Ali a spin @ 6.5m. New manager, new drive hopefully. He has a lot to prove.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Well lads all set for another season of the fantasy rollercoaster? Hopefully their won't be many Covid related disruptions to fixtures.

Not sure if mentioned already but I see Shane Duffy played 90 mins of at least 2 of Brighton's 4 preseason games. At 4.0 he could be a viable 5th defender option.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,318 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Too early in the season for that kind of a punt imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

I think it’s ok if the rest of the team is very solid and nailed. Benrahma is going to be my mid priced punt.

Advertisement