Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microsoft flight simulator

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭breeno

Any idea how to set a flight plan from the world map? I've flown to some airports but my guidance brings me as the crow flies and I dont end up lined up with the runway!

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭topnotch

I think this video from the PC version should help you.

https://youtu.be/yiaDG5HWBHU

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭ShaunC

Typically I'm away for a few days and didn't get to try it out yet. Other than the servers getting hammered, the biggest issue on here seems to be the controller, can everyone with a joystick let us know what is a good device for realistic control. Thanks🙏

The training mode is so broken.

It says to do something and you spend ages getting it to realise you did it, or else you finish and the next one isnt coming up.

Surprised nobody else has said it.

I've rebooted and its not going away. I'm failing the pitch lesson as its just not going to the next in time and im leaving the area or running out of time.

It made the first two lessons 10 times longer but those with fails means its a bigger issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Just had a quick play. Depart Dublin airport, fly around a bit. Very easy to take off and fly around in easy/ai assisted mode. Quite fascinating with real time weather etc. Nice to fit down the coast...

The AI generated buildings are a bit rubbish Hopefully the UK and Ireland packs, which I'm slowly downloading improve the quality of these. Google map/earth seems to be waaay more detailed ... they've got Street view data too... MS Bing maps hmmm.

Anyway, I'd say I'll appreciate it more if I treat it as a proper SIM and learn how to fly a plane without all the training wheels on. It's great to be able to put this on instant resume and dip in and out. It's a brilliant addition to GamePass, that's for sure.

Back to previous points, I didn't have any issue with the controller and I think I'm going to just watch some training videos on YouTube rather than use the built in tutorial if that's currently broken.

It works with keyboard and mouse too, so a wireless k&m might be a nice addition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,834 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Lads, just a quick thing I discovered. If you are sitting in the cockpit on the business jet (Cessna Citation I think it's called) If you hold down the LB button and use the left thumbstick you can move around the cockpit. Use the LT and RT to move up & down and the right thumbstick to alter your view. Now, if you move in the space in between the two pilots seats and find a sweet spot there with the down function (LT) you can drop down thru the bottom floor of the airplane. It's a bit buggy, but once outside if you move down the length of the plane and then move up with the RT you can enter back into the back of the cabin and sit in the seats back there. Nice if you want to stick on the autopilot and chill out in the back! Have a look at this video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4MHvBO4aCs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I've installed the world update for UK and Ireland but seem to be missing some stuff. I used the football stadiums as a reference, Wembley and the Emirates are in there but spurs stadium is totally flat but have seen it on the pc version where it looks like the real thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭recyclops

I dont think they do everything there is release notes here , been playing it more and I think my own experience mirrors those there until my wife advised me that of course my own town wouldnt be ultra realistic as nobody really plans on flying over north wicklow as low as I do 🤣🤣 which makes alot of sense if you go to a major world city its incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,459 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

For some reason I assumed the world updates would have been part of the base installation now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

This thread for the PC version might be of interest to ye. https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058107728/microsoft-flight-simulator-2020/

• Advertisement

How is everyone getting on with FS. I tried a few random flights and decided I better do some flight training first. Is everyone using the xbox controller or has anyone got a joystick yet?

I haven't gone back. But I'm ploughing through Skyrim main game at the moment. Will return soon. One game at a time for me or nothing gets done and I've limited to play.

This setup looks good and hopefully under €200 due for release early September

Saw that, the price is a bit rough though😲

• Registered Users Posts: 2,834 ✭✭✭Arciphel

The Hotas One works great 👍 trying to find somewhere that sells the pedals now

T.Flight Full Kit X available on Thrustmaster.ie site now for €179. 

I might have to treat myself for Christmas

Look what just arrived.

Unfortunately I'm not allowed open it for a few weeks yet 😕

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭firemansam4

Ive just got the series S mostly just to play this game, I already had the T flight hotas one, it works great and im really impressed so far.

I never had the rudder pedals, but the wife has them ordered for me but will have to wait as well...

How is the Series S and this game for you ? Happy ??

• Advertisement

Im really impressed so far, no real issues so far. But then again I can only compare to the last version of FS I had which was FSX on PC.

I use the T hotas one, controller and a mouse which gives me plenty of buttons and control over everything.

There are some functions like instant replay which Is missing at the moment on xbox, hopefully they add it at some stage.

That's cool. Great little console.

Microsoft could sell a ton of Series S consoles bundled with this game or game pass for 299 euro to a ton of non traditional gamers or ex gamers. Just would need the right advertising.

Yea I dont see why not, it would be a great option for anyone who cant fork out for a new PC with the specs required to run this game well.

I was contemplating getting the series s anyway, but like I said, this is the game that made me decide to go out and buy one.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,579 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Del

Advertisement