Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Reasons To Be Cheerful

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭tscul32

DvB wrote: »
    FTR, felt nothing more than the sore upper arm for the 2nd jab and even that's gone now. All good...took the kids hurling training tonight and felt normal so looks like that's that for me and the vaccines. Happy days.

Cool. OH must be a bit of a baby. Or just fancied a Saturday afternoon nap and had a handy excuse!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,478 ✭✭✭✭DvB

tscul32 wrote: »
    Cool. OH must be a bit of a baby. Or just fancied a Saturday afternoon nap and had a handy excuse!

I genuinely laughed out loud at that.

My Mrs had already warned me that just because we'd heard others had felt symptoms after their 2nd jab that I wasn't to assume I would too & plan for a handy day :pac: All messing aside, I was fine but have heard from others that genuinely struggled for a day or 2 after it.

See Stephen Donnelly has announced from next week 18-34 year olds can get the Janssen jab from participating pharmacies... the rollout is flying now, brilliant to see.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Planning on having a big extended family BBQ once all adults are fully vaccinated. Myself and my sister should get our 2nd jabs next week but the baby is only 32. Thankfully it sounds like he might be sorted in the next few weeks and we can put a plan in place.

Reason to be cheerful.
    Just back from a lovely family meal out. Having a great time, lots of laughing and the boys were not bickering for once. Then the waiter came over to tell us that someone had paid our bill (over €100!). They said they'd just had some really good news that had been a long time coming and picked our table to pay for because we looked like such a nice family having a wonderful evening.
    Made my evening with the compliment alone, never mind paying the bill.
    Left a big tip and will pay it forward somehow.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Oh wow, that's lovely, tscul! :)

tscul32 wrote: »
    Reason to be cheerful.
    Just back from a lovely family meal out. Having a great time, lots of laughing and the boys were not bickering for once. Then the waiter came over to tell us that someone had paid our bill (over €100!). They said they'd just had some really good news that had been a long time coming and picked our table to pay for because we looked like such a nice family having a wonderful evening.
    Made my evening with the compliment alone, never mind paying the bill.
    Left a big tip and will pay it forward somehow.

Thats unreal. Sounds like a cracking night with the family too.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Yeah, was a bit strange. You hear of these things happening but to be part of it was a bit different. Nice to think that there are people out there that just want to share their happiness/good luck, whatever it was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

^ That made me smile :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Got my second vaccine on Friday and I've been grand over the whole weekend.
    I know most people feel a little lousy after getting it but please don't let that put you off.
    A few more weeks and most restrictions will be lifted and we can get back to talking about Christmas most of the time :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Got my car insurance quote today €946.Daylight robbery.

Rang around and got it for 451.Much cheaper than last year even!

• Advertisement

Happy Friday peeps... stunning weekend of weather ahead by all accounts so I'll be more than happy to unchain myself from the desk around 4pm today & get into shorts & a t-shirt and relax in the gorgeous heat & sunshine (may even have a beverage!!) Short week for me next week too as I finish up on Thursday before heading West with the family on Friday for a week... not back in work until the Tuesday after the August b/h weekend... bliss! 😎

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

It's absolutely roasting here already! Kids already out in the paddling pool! We're heading to Tayto Park on Monday so really looking forward to that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,139 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Just got my second vaccine, only 8 days late, nurse told me system said I should have been done last week, which I knew anyway but strange that system said it too. 🍾🤬🍾

Either way, done now, & in 7 days will be safe as they come!!

Have a great weekend everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Cracker of a day and it’s Friday 😁😁

Cheers all!

Got my 2nd vaccine on Thursday (nice birthday present), only 9 days later than my 4 weeks. But it's done now and thankfully no side effects cos my and the OH are on a quick night away (no kids with us) in Belfast. Hit 28 degrees here today, absolutely gorgeous.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I had a few of these last night in the sun too. Glorious.

As much as I love the cold clear winter days we associate with Christmas you can't beat a cold beer on a day like this...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭gidget

2nd vaccination received this morning. Stiffness in my arm starting to take effect but was expecting that as had it with the first, other than that feeling grand. Got mine 4 days before I would have been due.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I feel like we need a thread reason to be cheerful for the new site. Haha

im happy to have emojis on here now 😊

and uploading photos directly from your phone without having to use a storage site is very handy.

I have a profile pic for the first time ever, and am also happy to have emojis on here ☺️

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

At least things seem to be slightly better so cheerful about that 😀

On second looks, things seem to be the same. I thought I saw a couple of new things when I first logged in.

Can you not edit your own posts anymore or am I just missing something?!?

You can edit for 1 day (click the gear icon) on mobile anyway, but you can't delete. So annoying

• Advertisement

Until we get dark mode it's a struggle for me, the white screens are terrible on the eyes. Editing quotes would be useful, as would bolding unread threads with new posts, a 'my forums' list would be handy too.

The big thing seems to be that it just feels less inviting to post, I used to love checking in here and chatting about Christmas but I'm not getting that warm fuzzy feeling atm. Maybe it's because less posters have rejoined yet or something... I'm sure it'll settle down over time and as long as the gangs all here, we'll be grand.

Seems you can do more on mobile then desktop! Maybe that is way it's intended however doesn't really suit me.

I can't seem to edit my own post on desktop at all.

I use desktop mostly myself, you still have the 24 hour edit function though. Click on the 3 dots in the top right corner of your post & it brinsg up the edit box indicating the amount of time you have left to edit.

My son and his girlfriend (both 27) got their first vaccine on Monday so hopefully we will be out of lockdown very soon.

The weather should be enough of a reason to be cheerful 🌞

Have my niece over for the afternoon so she'll keep my youngest occupied and away from a screen. Then her parents are staying for a BBQ when they collect her. More normality, sitting around, chatting to people - all fully vaccinated. Much needed at this stage.

• Advertisement

My youngest son is only 19 and he is getting his first vaccine today and he only registered yesterday so hopefully in a month we will have near full immunity.

That the MRNA vaccine? Brilliant if so. Have heard of a few in their early twenties getting the J&J one but not the Pfizer or moderna ones... if we're doing people that young already it's a really good sign.

I wish someone would tell NPHET that though... they seem happy to reinforce the fear propaganda atm.

He's getting Pfizer so we're happy about that. We live in Ashbourne so he's going to the vaccine centre in Fairyhouse. Not sure how quick it is for young people in other regions.

Brilliant stuff. At one stage it was reported Meath was miles off the pace (live on the Dublin, Meath, Kildare border myself) so they've caught up fast by the looks of it. It genuinely cheers me up to see our vaccination programme being such a success.

Careful... its us True blue Dubs out on the borders holding back the culchie hoard!! 😃

Finished up in work now until the Tuesday after the August Bank Holiday weekend... First real break since Christmas so looking forward to it immensely. Hope the weather stays reasonable now.

• Advertisement

Enjoy the break DVB, can't bate getting away from work for a while.

Speaking of work we visited the venue where we are planning to have the staff Christmas party on Tuesday and as far as they and we are concerned it's def going ahead, so fingers crossed.

Happy Friday everybody 😊

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Did I read that right, Christmas party on Tuesday 😍😍😍😍 Enjoy and be merry 😉👍

I'm getting on a plane today!! Only Scotland for the weekend but I'm getting off this island after a very very very long time (well since early 2020) 🍾

Heading to Mayo for the week, leaving in a couple of hours in fact. Looking forward to a hotel stay too, can avail of the bar and restaurant which will be a most pleasant change... might even be able to avail of normal indoor hospitality come Monday too as we all have our covid digital certs 😀

Enjoy the weekend everyone! Am loving the nice, cool sunshine today 😎

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55 ✭✭smillingsam

Another hot and sunny day 😊

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Getting my first pfizer jab today:)

Yay!!

I have my second one on Thursday, I'm very excited :)

• Advertisement

I've been done and dusty for awhile now. Also have my cert on my phone just in case. No mad rush to eat inside or go away however nice to know I can if the situation arises.

Advertisement