Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Private profiles - please note that profiles marked as private will soon be public. This will facilitate moderation so mods can view users' warning histories. All of your posts across the site will appear on your profile page (including PI, RI). Groups posts will remain private except to users who have access to the same Groups as you. Thread here
Some important site news, please read here. Thanks!

ROLL IT BACK

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭ scudzilla

Awful site, awful experience, if it stays like this i'm out, not that the powers that be will give 2 shites

• Registered Users Posts: 7,296 ✭✭✭ the_pen_turner

to me there are only 2 core objective for a site like this .

1 is to have an easy way to find sections to create threads in or to find existing ones

2 is to allow discussion in those threads. people need to come back to threads to continue the discussion

right now both of them are a disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,354 ✭✭✭✭ Esel
    Not your ornery onager

Try

https://boards.ie/discussions/bookmarked

Post edited by Esel on

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭ Leftwaffe

Actually had a dream last night that they rolled it back and it was working again. It’s the end for this site, what a shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭ Isambard

be honest Boards, if your intention was to improve, have you achieved that?

Allowing for getting used to the new layout, at best it's the same, at worst it's poor IMO

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 65,405 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭ Beasty
    Put that light out!

A reminder - you need to have been registered for 3 months and have a post count of at least 100 to post in Feedback

• Registered Users Posts: 27,297 ✭✭✭✭ _Kaiser_

That's posts/threads though, not the forums themselves

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,513 ✭✭✭✭ RobbingBandit

It's a brave new boards and I don't like it too much effort involved finding topics and users and threads even. I have used boards for my hobbies medical/disability issues and for the sheer fun but this this is torture.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭ olestoepoke

How do you get to your statistics? This is how I checked if someone had quoted my so I could respond etc. Cant find it on this new site. Yeah not liking it so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,765 ✭✭✭ SouthWesterly

Roll back is never going to happen.

But the touch site is a, disaster. I've hardly posted as I keep having to search for my regular fora.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭✭ ELM327

ROLL IT BACK

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 13,671 ✭✭✭✭ Inquitus

All it needs is dropdowns of the top menus and the replacement of the my followed forums dropdown, at least then it will be usable, while you fix less big issues, and I am talking Desktop, the mobile version is simply unusable as it stands.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 17,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Kimbot
    Flaming Ban Hammer Titan

Im sure theres plenty of little gremlins etc in the system and they will be ironed out over the coming days.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,592 ✭✭✭✭ mrcheez

How do I search within a 100 page thread for a specific piece of text (as in the old Search Thread function)?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,767 Mod ✭✭✭✭ HildaOgdenx

I really miss the 'Most Thanked'. It often meant I ended up reading a thread or being on a forum that I would otherwise never have read.

This new set up is very clunky, I don't find it user friendly.

At the moment, I bookmark threads I'm interested in. Otherwise I feel as if I would struggle to find them again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭ Mav11

+1 on links opening in a new tab? Very painful the way it is now.

Plus how can you partially quote from a previous post???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,313 ✭✭✭ iLikeWaffles

It's absolutely deplorable trying to emotionally and financially blackmail into a decision. They are not going to give in to this ridiculous and spoilt little child like demand. It is already a big improvement on the old site and will be fixed to be more in line with the old site. Yes there are issues, how about showing some support for the small team of people that manage the site so they can do the work to get the site back to the level of usability it was before. If anything what is and has been killing boards for a long time now is the shear amount negativity and whining from its users in many forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,067 ✭✭✭ Junior

Anyone got an idea where the different Skins/looks were, I thought I had a widescreen option rather than this narrow offset version I'm looking at now.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭ Glaceon

I think the biggest issue for me isn’t even the new UI, it’s the almost complete silence from the managers and admins in reaction to some genuine issues raised by users.

It reminds me of the 2FM changes a few years back. They didn’t care that they alienated the existing listeners because they were chasing new, younger (and hopefully more profitable) listeners.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭ bennyl10

Home page seems to have reverted to old type(on chrome) but then the new format when i enter a thread..

progress??!

• Advertisement
Advertisement