Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Irish Open 2021 [No Covid posts]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 nonsheep7

Genuine and only wish I had someone to tell me beforehand ,watch your car park sign directions ,print off player tee time list , print off course card layout , there is none of the aforementioned available . Do not even glance in the direction of the 'souvenir' shop ,ripoff of the century, probably nicest ever lager from a plastic cup at 6e a pop ,lovely friendly cheery staff, was there Thursday ,hope I am of some help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Know a couple of members there and they sprayed something 2 weeks ago and organisers and TV were apparently unhappy as it would affect how it looked on tv. In great condition other than that was told.

You can smell that I think when walking around and see where its changed the colours of the grass in places, particularly noticeable in the rough I thought where some patches of grass almost looked dead. Still think the course looked great in person and on tv. Fairways are like carpet, as are the greens. Was on the fairway today as spotter and though it was immaculate. Heard no complaints from players either.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 AnBeagalltach

Just to say course was best I’ve seen it two weeks ago- rough was outrageously penal (lost ball nearly two yards out of fairway).. they put an extraordinary amount of fertiliser on it when course closed 10 days ago and it didn’t rain until today. Many areas went black and somehow pros are now playing on an easier course than poor members had to play on since reopening 2 months ago. They spent all year growing rough only to see it wither away and burn in the final week- real shame

• Registered Users Posts: 4 CPC90

All, just a quick ask on the off chance anyone has any spare tickets for tomorrow (Sunday) I am looking to buy 1 adult ticket. Computer crashed during the original sale! Thanks all and enjoy the weekends golf!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,336 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Speak Now wrote: »
    -3 it is, tough on Colm Moriarty.

He went backwards when everyone else went forwards. Bogeying a par 5 to finish his round just not good enough. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,650 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Amazing the amount of doubles on the 3rd.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 8,504 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Amazing the amount of doubles on the 3rd.

Must be a swirling breeze today, I didn't see one ball in the water on Thursday and I watched a dozen groups go through. I remember in 1995 open there was someone wet in nearly every 3 ball passed through.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,506 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Just witnessed Harding’s eagle chip on the 17th, incredible stuff.

Trampas wrote: »
    Shane 8 behind Herbert and 8 shots worse than him on par 5’s

He’s birdied every par 5 on both days.

Herbert 11 from 11 now!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,379 ✭✭✭Trampas

Speak Now wrote: »
    Herbert 11 from 11 now!

You need to be scoring on par 5’s to have a good chance in any event.

Was Rory, Shane and Graeme in the resident bar until late last night with their starts today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,297 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Some knobs in the crowds at 14 with the wise cracks.

I have 2 for tomorrow as i cant make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 CPC90

hoccles77 wrote: »
    I have 2 for tomorrow as i cant make it.

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Sir montygom

I was amazed with the lack of signage for directions to the course .. Coming from the south of the country go through Knocktopher and out the Stoneyford road .... take a right at the crossroads a mile before Stoneyford .... brings you right to the carpark /course but otherwise very impressed with the set up and course ....smaller crowds take a bit from the atmosphere but on the plus side you get great views of the golf shots ......to be able to watch them hit drivers into the stiff breeze is brilliant!..... Bring a few sandwiches !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Mj2021spare

Have one ticket available for today if anyone’s looking, person I was going with is sick after getting their second jab yesterday so just heading up myself
    Edit: still available unless I say otherwise, leaders will be finishing around 4/5pm this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 5,248 ✭✭✭slingerz

I think the tv coverage of this has been especially poor. Fair enough RTÉ throw it on in the afternoon but Sky would have all the morning action for the Outer Mongolia open but not this one

slingerz wrote: »
    I think the tv coverage of this has been especially poor. Fair enough RTÉ throw it on in the afternoon but Sky would have all the morning action for the Outer Mongolia open but not this one

They usually show the leaders last 18 holes give or take a few minutes and that’s what they are showing. Don’t be thinking of wgc, majors and Rolex tournaments. Normal coverage for European event.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭me89

Lowry -5 for the round despite missing two 6ft and an 8ft birdie putts.

me89 wrote: »
    Lowry -5 for the round despite missing two 6ft and an 8ft birdie putts.

A little to late for me. Probably gone out with attitude the hell with this and I’ll attack everything as what’s the difference when starting down that far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Mj2021spare

I have one free ticket going for anyone who can make it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,206 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Trampas wrote: »
    A little to late for me. Probably gone out with attitude the hell with this and I’ll attack everything as what’s the difference when starting down that far

Yeah he needed this round yesterday but still good to see regardless of whether he can win.

I second the poor coverage comment. Can't understand why Sky aren't showing the whole day like they would for every other ET event. It's infuriatingly odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭me89

Yeah he needed this round yesterday but still good to see regardless of whether he can win.

I second the poor coverage comment. Can't understand why Sky aren't showing the whole day like they would for every other ET event. It's infuriatingly odd.

This is there normal ET coverage in fairness, it usually starts before the leaders go off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭billy3sheets

I asked one of the camera men who they were working for. He said they supply global coverage to lots of organizations. I guess they then edit it and add their commentary, decide who they want to show and how much.

Lucas Herbert, from looking like he was going to stroll this, seems to have gone into meltdown mode. Provisional off the 2nd (possibly 3rd?) tee in a row.

No idea how Herbert got through those 3 holes +1

Don't know how Herbet shot under par for the front 9 :D fair play to him.

And a birdie on 10 from the trees. Could easily be 4 or 5 shots worse for the last 5 holes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,535 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Lads shouting get in the hole must think they are in America

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭rickis tache

Gobsheens. Ruining my viewing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,650 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Weather looks sick.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Advertisement