Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Amazon Prime Day 2021 - Monday 21st & Tuesday 22nd June

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭lpool2k05

Smurts wrote: »
    The buds are still showing as 'in stock' so not sure why the delivery date is August

I did have a delivery date of july 27th.

I changed the delivery from free priority to free standard and it updated the delivery date to between july 8th to 15th. Not sure if it is linked

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

Make sure to have eircode in delivery address. This made all of my deliveries quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭danois

spockety wrote: »
    For anyone who ordered the Samsung Ear Buds and are looking to use the Cash Back deal.. I just got notification from Amazon that they will arrive on AUGUST 13th. That is only about 5 days before the 60 limit on claiming the cash back kicks in.

Tight.

I ordered the bronze they arrived yesterday

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

hots wrote: »
    The purchase has happened so so long as it's within 60days after that it should be alright?

Yes I think so. If the downloadable invoice from Amazon shows the purchase date as June, then it's fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭tnegun

Does anyone remember how much the Echo dot 4 with Clock was during the prime sale? I bought one after Amazon acknowledged the pricing issue thinking/hoping they'd refund the difference but CS isn't playing ball and is insisting £49.99 was the Prime Day price but I thought it was lower.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

tnegun wrote: »
    Does anyone remember how much the Echo dot 4 with Clock was during the prime sale? I bought one after Amazon acknowledged the pricing issue thinking/hoping they'd refund the difference but CS isn't playing ball and is insisting £49.99 was the Prime Day price but I thought it was lower.

£34.99 with clock
    £24.99 without clock

Nice one thanks for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭tax_tutor1

tnegun wrote: »

Been complaining to them since yesterday ( email and phone to CS agents) regarding the VAT calculation on the prime items. So unless you have screen shot of the price you may be out of luck?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

I'm annoyed about the Samsung Buds. If they'd just said not available until August I'd have gone for the pink myself, don't care what colour they are tbh.

Tried swapping white for pink on live chat and they wouldn't budge. Tried telling me they didn't despatch as a problem with my payment card. Eascalated to a manager who then tried spinnign the same line. You'd have to wonder were they fed that line for all ROI customers. Then told me it's because of customs, as the items are actually in stock. Seemingly showing as early July delivery to UK addresseses according to CS agent. They didn't understand why I was pointing out that the tablet was only taking 4 days to arrive on the same payment card, to the same address, and obviously had customs also.

Seems a bit much to offer a prime day deal in two colours, one of which you can't fulfill, but not tell people until after the deal is gone.

Tempted to buy the pink buds anyway, as although they aer more expensive, at least I'll get my extra €45 + €55 back on them.

tax_tutor1 wrote: »
    Been complaining to them since yesterday ( email and phone to CS agents) regarding the VAT calculation on the prime items. So unless you have screen shot of the price you may be out of luck?

I'm not too worried about it its just the principal of it. I have one agent tell me I was undercharged! The overcharge on these is just £4 when I calculate it, its just annoying that they won't acknowledge it even when I put the figures to them they said it was shipping costs I asked why that wasn't called out and I was told to think of it as Import Duties!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

Not bragging or anything but the fact that I haven't had a single issue (or can't see it at least) with all of my orders (about 12) actually has me more paranoid than anything else. Now I feel like I'm being shafted in some way but just can't see it...

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Smurts

I'm annoyed about the Samsung Buds. If they'd just said not available until August I'd have gone for the pink myself, don't care what colour they are tbh.

Tried swapping white for pink on live chat and they wouldn't budge. Tried telling me they didn't despatch as a problem with my payment card. Eascalated to a manager who then tried spinnign the same line. You'd have to wonder were they fed that line for all ROI customers. Then told me it's because of customs, as the items are actually in stock. Seemingly showing as early July delivery to UK addresseses according to CS agent. They didn't understand why I was pointing out that the tablet was only taking 4 days to arrive on the same payment card, to the same address, and obviously had customs also.

Seems a bit much to offer a prime day deal in two colours, one of which you can't fulfill, but not tell people until after the deal is gone.

Tempted to buy the pink buds anyway, as although they aer more expensive, at least I'll get my extra €45 + €55 back on them.

Its extremely strange. They are still showing as 'in stock' - I am hoping that the delivery date will be updated again for a July delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭calnand

Got an email saying I'm getting a refund on some of my orders due to a technical issue. I never contacted support, so good to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Due to a technical issue, the promotion amount applied to your Prime for eufy by Anker, Lumi Stick-On Night Light, 2nd Generation Warm White LED, Motion Sensor, Bedroom, Bathroom, Kitchen, Hallway, Stairs, Energy Efficient, Compact, 3-pack was incorrectly calculated. We're sorry for any inconvenience this caused.

We have now issued a refund of £3.17 to your original payment method to reflect the correct promotion amount you should have received. Please allow 5 - 7 business days for the refund to be processed by your bank.

Just got notice of two refunds

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

Got notice of a refund on an item I didn’t even think was affected. Goes to show how good my maths skills are!

Good to see it is a cash refund too and not Amazon credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 randomlad1337

Amazon sent me an email today regarding a refund, 3 calls up to 2 hours just for that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭foodaholic

Got email to say I’m being refunded £15
    I never contacted CS for it
    Chuffed

• Registered Users Posts: 18 dara10

2 refunds so far here. Hopefully another 2 to come. Hadn't got around to contacting them. Wish I had bought some expensive items instead of playing safe with things under £20.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭dirtyden

Amazon sent me an email today regarding a refund, 3 calls up to 2 hours just for that

Yes, I spent a while on the chat being told how everything was correct and there was no charge error, despite sending screenshots etc and now have a bunch of emails indicating refunds.

Glad to get refunds but a little annoyed about initial customer service response, which was basically you are wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Only bought two things (each under £25). No refund yet but will wait and see before contacting them.

Rather annoyed to put it mildly as there was a pair of Sennheiser headphones I wanted and a massage gun but when I added them to the cart they were prohibitively expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭feelings

Got a good few refunds today but not the two i contacted support about!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

In relation to the buds. If I order them now and send to a uk address they say I'll get them by 29 June.... They might revise the august date yet I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭byrnefm

I also got contacted in relation to an item I was overcharged for on Prime Day. 5 to 7 working days for the refund. Good to see it but annoying that it didn't work on the day .. guess it helped me spend less, though...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

I got a message that I would get a £30 refund, but no sign of it on my Revolut card yet .

• Registered Users Posts: 16,871 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

My phone has been pinging for the last two hours with notifications of refunds on the way. I never contacted amazon either.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,000 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I got a refund notice but I'd already been credited that amount so I guess I'm getting a double refund :D hours lost to chat this week so I've more than earned it!

You needn't have bothered, I didn't spend a single minute on either chat or the phone to Amazon this week and am still getting refunded.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

I haven't received notice yet but I placed my orders late on the last day. I was planning to return them if I don't get the refund, so here's hoping.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Getting 2 small refunds. Better in my pocket than theirs I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭deegs

Getting 2 small refunds. Better in my pocket than theirs I suppose.
    Recieved about 20 refunds so far. Didn't ask for any so super chuffed :)

Advertisement