Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Day 2021 - Monday 21st & Tuesday 22nd June

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Solaris10

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Order Summary
    Item(s) Subtotal:£16.74

• Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭ForestFire

Okay as it's been such a crap sale, I've ended up buying a few items I need under VAT limit.

Then I saw some Kasa smart lights and Kasa smart plugs, that both the prime deal works, and no extra VAT ( or any at all).

Only thing is, I had to buy them 1 at a time each from two different accounts, to get the VAT free,and my 6th bulb would not go through, so move to other account.

So I now have 9 smart bulbs (£6.5 each) and 5 smart plugs (6.5 each also) on the way.....

That's about as exciting as it got unfortunately.....

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭teachinggal123

I’m about to pull the trigger on the Samsung buds.

Can someone confirm what I should be paying please? Also what is the cash back thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

TheDriver wrote: »
    Get this whopper from Chat:

The price that is being paid is a discounted price from Amazon because of the prime day sale, however the Import fee would always be charged on the Original price of the item.

So VAT is charged on a price you don't pay, surely that is illegal. But now the CS assistant has said it!

Amazon always had a big issue with VAT and lightning deals, I posted here about it years ago. If you were registered for VAT back in the day, you obviously didn't pay VAT on deliveries to Ireland, however if it was a lighting deal you did. Showed the exluding VAt price, but charged the Vat inclusive price. So in a nutshell you paid more if the price was reduced. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭harmless

I’m about to pull the trigger on the Samsung buds.

Tulips?
    Currently going through a bull run so prices change on the hour.

• Advertisement

harmless wrote: »
    Tulips?
    Currently going through a bull run so prices change on the hour.

The Samsung Galaxy Buds ... what price should they be to Irish customers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

Around €90. Samsung offers €45 cash back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Just above 76£ delivered.

You have to claim the cashback from Samsung.

https://2021.samsungpromotions.claims/summercashback/en-IE

Are the Amazon Echo buds still available? Maybe I’m missing the obvious but I can’t see them.

How do they compare to the Samsung buds?

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭bossdrum

DevFirst wrote: »
    I think that might be what's happening to you, check the product page and check if it's being sold by a third party seller and only being fulfilled by amazon, from what I've seen; some third party sellers don't take the 20% UK VAT off, and just add on 23% Irish VAT, which is indeed incorrect. Amazon UK/EU Sarl seem to remove the 20% UK then add the 23% Irish VAT correctly (from what I've seen, could be wrong).

Does anyone know If the UK VAT charged by the third party seller is going to be refunded by amazon in a few days as well or are we stuck with paying both Irish and UK VAT?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,221 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

bossdrum wrote: »
    Does anyone know If the UK VAT charged by the third party seller is going to be refunded by amazon in a few days as well or are we stuck with paying both Irish and UK VAT?

Amazon have nothing to do with vat if its a 3rd party seller. Get a vat receipt from seller and you might be able to claim the UK vat back from hmrc?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

So glad that s**t show has ended.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

RGARDINR wrote: »
    So glad that s**t show has ended.

Yeah, I'm glad amazon aren't forcing me to buy things anymore as well.

OhHiMark wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm glad amazon aren't forcing me to buy things anymore as well.

That's not the point. People pay for a Prime membership and should be able to avail of one of their biggest sales of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,861 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

bossdrum wrote:

There has been a lot of confusion about this since January. The reality is that many 3rd party sellers aren't UK vat registered so there was no UK vat charged. This is usually why no UK vat is removed at checkout. In this case amazon cannot take off vat that isn't there in the first place.

It's easier for people with business accounts to notice this because we can see what goods have vat & what goods don't have vat. When I look at something on amazon it shows me price with & without the vat. Some goods say no vat exclusive price available. I stay away from these

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

What a mess of a prime day - had planned a big shop but the bank account was saved by the endless confusion.

Cancel prime time now with the VAT change, may try the .DE one for a change.

I'm done feeding the beast. June 30th is Cancel Prime Day. Will probably have a nice roast chicken with carrots and peas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

What a mess of a prime day - had planned a big shop but the bank account was saved by the endless confusion.

Cancel prime time now with the VAT change, may try the .DE one for a change.

You will still have to pay for delivery with amazon.de, but I've often found the price better on .de even with the delivery charge

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Mine is up 5th July will cancel it then. May renew it down the line if I see an offer but not letting it renew automatically. Any idea when the distribution centre in Ireland will be up and running? Will that make a difference then or will they have to do an amazon.ie for it to make a difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,855 ✭✭✭Soarer

Mrs. S first thing this morning.

"Are those tablets still on sale. I think you're right, we should replace the youngest's one!".

God help me...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,384 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Soarer wrote: »

"Are those tablets still on sale. I think you're right, we should replace the youngest's one!".

God help me...

Maybe get her those Elizabeth Arden tablets posted yesterday.......

Soarer wrote: »

God help me...

My Mrs said the exact same thing this morning!!!!!!!

And to make matters worse, unbeknownst to me, my daughter dropped her tablet last night and smashes the screen.

Fml

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

I'm happy. I fed my shoe addiction and got 2 pairs of Rocket Dogs for £41.84 total price paid. The same ones would have cost me £63.74 in the current sale on the Rocket Dog website and £90 at full price.

I live near the border and got them delivered to the north avoiding extra taxes etc.

They are so pretty. I may be kicking the ass of 50 but I love me some colourful trainers.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭bossdrum

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    There has been a lot of confusion about this since January. The reality is that many 3rd party sellers aren't UK vat registered so there was no UK vat charged. This is usually why no UK vat is removed at checkout. In this case amazon cannot take off vat that isn't there in the first place.

It's easier for people with business accounts to notice this because we can see what goods have vat & what goods don't have vat. When I look at something on amazon it shows me price with & without the vat. Some goods say no vat exclusive price available. I stay away from these

That 3rd party seller I was looking at was UK Vat registered. I could even see their VAT number but the VAT wasn't being taken off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Bought a few things in the warehouse sale. I think that's where you find some bargains in these sales. Usually 'Like New' or 'Very Good' condition. Already slightly reduced and then an extra 30% off. Couple of items were below £20 too so with the VAT saving it was a good reduction.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭doc22

Wheety wrote: »
    Bought a few things in the warehouse sale. I think that's where you find some bargains in these sales. Usually 'Like New' or 'Very Good' condition. Already slightly reduced and then an extra 30% off. Couple of items were below £20 too so with the VAT saving it was a good reduction.

ROI customers didn't get the full 30% so I bought nothing in protest:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭MovieFest

Sleeper12 wrote: »

Are there any other advantage to a business account on amazon.co.uk these days? Do they just add the import fee's on like all other accounts?
    Business accounts don't get prime video or any of the other prime bonuses, so I figure the personal account gives more value?

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Ended up getting an Apple pencil, a few Tiles for presents and a laser measuring tape so Prime Day wasn't a total write off for me in the end. I'm happy with the small haul.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,861 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

MovieFest wrote:
    Are there any other advantage to a business account on amazon.co.uk these days? Do they just add the import fee's on like all other accounts? Business accounts don't get prime video or any of the other prime bonuses, so I figure the personal account gives more value?

My business account is pre Brexit. Since Brexit I'm treated like everyone else on amazon UK. However it has all the original benefits on all the eu amazon stores. I don't pay vat on EU Amazon stores for business purchases

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,316 ✭✭✭VanZan

Didn't buy much because of the price mishaps. I bought some Samsung storage though but not too sure whether I paid a little bit too much and am entitled to a few pence back. Was the same price as if I had purchased on Amazon DE but that included shipping so maybe I'm due a tenner?

Advertisement