Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PM/PO box service in Northern Ireland?

• 15-02-2021 8:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 40

I work in Fermanagh but Live in Donegal, it doesnt suit for me to deliver Items to work but is there any parcel collection lockers where I could collect parcels and not have to pay the high fees the likes of ebay are now charging

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Someone put up a courier in the North that does the same a PM used todo, but I can't remember where the thread was. I don't think anyone had used them. You could try a Google search.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 F.nelson

whiterebel wrote: »
    Someone put up a courier in the North that does the same a PM used todo, but I can't remember where the thread was. I don't think anyone had used them. You could try a Google search.

Thanks for the reply, done a few google searches but nothing that really fits my need there is a couple of depots that allow you to collect alright but not in my vicinity. Something similiar to the an post lockers you see would be ideal

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭tDw6u1bj

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but does there exist a service where you can have something delivered to something like a parcel motel locker in NI and just go there and collect it yourself?

The closest thing I'm aware of is that ebay click&collect will deliver stuff to argos in NI and let you collect it from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭timmyntc

tDw6u1bj wrote: »
    I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but does there exist a service where you can have something delivered to something like a parcel motel locker in NI and just go there and collect it yourself?

The closest thing I'm aware of is that ebay click&collect will deliver stuff to argos in NI and let you collect it from there.

https://www.postalpickup.co.uk/ is one

I'm sure there are others offering similar services also

timmyntc wrote: »

A sole trader doesn't really fit the bill of what I'm looking for here.

Is there no nation-wide service in NI for receiving parcels?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭galway008

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,756 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

You can have parcels delivered to Spar and collect there.

https://www.spar-ni.co.uk/services/in-store/parcel-collection-services

galway008 wrote: »

I don't know how some folks can take a legit business and make it look so dodgy, but cheers that's definitely an option.

irish_goat wrote: »
    You can have parcels delivered to Spar and collect there.

https://www.spar-ni.co.uk/services/in-store/parcel-collection-services

Perfect, thanks - that's exactly what I'm looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Mr321

Good thread but the Spar option seems to be very limited to the amount that offer the parcel collection?

• Advertisement

Mr321 wrote: »
    Good thread but the Spar option seems to be very limited to the amount that offer the parcel collection?

Taking a deeper look there doesn't seem to be much info and I can't find anywhere that it says if a place does or doesn't do parcel collect.

There's reference to "Collect +" in some places, but that looks like a different service.

Taking a deeper look there doesn't seem to be much info and I can't find anywhere that it says if a place does or doesn't do parcel collect.

There's reference to "Collect +" in some places, but that looks like a different service.

You can filter it to just the parcel collect and type the county in but it was to good to be try. Armagh for instance 1 shop just in Armagh city does the parcel collect and not one Spar in Fermanagh avails of it. Any further up and you would have the price of the postage spent on fuel as to delivered and custom taxes to your own door.

You can filter it to just the parcel collect and type the county in but it was to good to be try.

I don't think that's correct.
    You can only filter for collect plus (part of yodel), which appears to be different from their parcel collection service. There's so little info that it's hard to say for sure though.
    Any further up and you would have the price of the postage spent on fuel as to delivered and custom taxes to your own door

Problem isn't customs charges, it's some stuff not being delivered to ireland

I don't think that's correct.
    You can only filter for collect plus (part of yodel), which appears to be different from their parcel collection service. There's so little info that it's hard to say for sure though.

Problem isn't customs charges, it's some stuff not being delivered to ireland

Yea I understand. Wonder does the Post Offices in NI have a locker or parcel collect option?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

F.nelson wrote: »
    I work in Fermanagh but Live in Donegal, it doesnt suit for me to deliver Items to work but is there any parcel collection lockers where I could collect parcels and not have to pay the high fees the likes of ebay are now charging

Rooney's in Belleek will do this for you. Main post office Belleek.

Anyone any more info or ideas on this thread about alternative addresses/delivery options ?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Mod - Considering the deal Brexit put in place, this is going to be very difficult to achieve. Anything coming in to the North for onward delivery to the Republic is going to attract charges.

Just to clarify, Trade between Mainland Britain and NI is ok as long as that is as far as it goes. Trade between NI and the Republic is fine. Going through the North to get it to the Republic has to pay Customs.
    Any other system that circumvents this goes against the Forum's charter, so I'm going to lock this and sticky it until there is a solution, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,977 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Are there any parcel motel like services in Northern Ireland so that I could order stuff from the UK to be delivered to a 'parcel motel' in Newry for example and then just go there, collect it and drive back home to ROI. 

• Registered Users Posts: 21,404 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I came across just that the other day by accident. Seems it was set up by a couple of ex Parcel Motel employees, but I can't for the life of me remember what it was called, a pretty silly name anyway. Sorry I can't be of more help.

EDIT: I found it ... https://www.oohpod.com/ Told you it was a daft name!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,275 ✭✭✭km991148

Not really. On top of that, a lot of companies that previously offered free UK delivery now have different rates for NI as there has been increased cost.

However you might get lucky depending on who you buy from. If the company uses RM you can (in some cases) specify a local post office to deliver to or if they use Hermes or Collect+ you can collect in a local shop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Use amazon collection points.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,977 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

This looks exactly like what I need, their lockers are just over the border too. So many companies in the UK just flat out refuse to ship to ROI any more due An Posts ridiculous handling of packages from outside the EU

• Registered Users Posts: 13,463 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭Night owl gal

Hello all,

Just wondering if there's an alternative to parcel motel or address pal (where you use a virtual UK address and is then sent on to you're Irish address)?

Thanks!

Post edited by whiterebel on

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement