Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Off Topic Chat. (MOD NOTE post# 3949 and post#5279)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

The dumb fúcker couldn't even left justify the text properly....

I hadn't seen that document before, I don't know the guy's name - just that he was a coward who went and killed a bunch of unarmed innocent people at their place of worship. I think NZ did a pretty good job reducing his fame.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

<MOD SNIP>

Its like a false flag operation.A anarcho leftie Aussie pretending to be extreme right wing in attacking a mosque that preaches jihad,but with a plan to start a race war and get gun confiscation going in NZ... While blathering on about the environment and every other conspiracy theory...One seriously fuked up dude!:mad:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 39,001 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    He described himself as an eco anarchist[Whatever the Hell that is]
    Thanks for posting for information sake. I hadn't seen it before, will read ir properly at some point, just had a quick glance for now.

I think you misread the above. The term he used was eco-fascist.

< MOD SNIP>

Its like a false flag operation.A anarcho leftie Aussie pretending to be extreme right wing in attacking a mosque that preaches jihad,but with a plan to start a race war and get gun confiscation going in NZ... While blathering on about the environment and every other conspiracy theory...One seriously fuked up dude!:mad:
    I agree the ideologies are all over the place. But there's a bit of an irony in the above calling it a false flag and labelling him an anarchist leftie, when you actually mixed up anarchy and fascism.

I think the idea he want to ban guns is a false flag in itself. As he quite clearly, as otmmyboy2 stated, want to use 2nd amendment tensions to start a race war. The gun issue was a means to an end.

As I said, I haven't read it, and I'm sure its full of contradictions. But the cover has a pretty clear white national message. Conveniently decorating a Nazi black symbol.
    A messed up guy indeed.

ng the mosque's role in radicalizing those terrorists who went to fight for ISIS. Let's not forget that we're not untouched by Islamic terrorism here too, I live very close to Jihadi Jane and her cronies, so that really put's into perspective the threat of Islam.

Or that a few of the London bridge killers were fed ,watered and financed from an apartment in Limerick...Or that one of our own ,Kahlid Kelly "went all over Syria" with his kamikaze car bomb.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭tudderone

Or that a few of the London bridge killers were fed ,watered and financed from an apartment in Limerick...Or that one of our own ,Kahlid Kelly "went all over Syria" with his kamikaze car bomb.

I seen that video, the funniest thing i'd seen since the Benny Hill show :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Munsterlad102

Yeah, scary to think they're using Ireland as a base of operations and look how that worked out for Belgium. It's only a matter of time before they target us. I was trying to remember what his name was, I saw a documentary on him a few years ago. Didn't he blow himself up for a propaganda video?

Mellor wrote: »
    Thanks for posting for information sake. I hadn't seen it before, will read ir properly at some point, just had a quick glance for now.

I think you misread the above. The term he used was eco-fascist.

IOW just as much a dipsht belief as an anarchist. Read the manifesto.he was/claimed to be influenced by multiple different political beliefs. Fascism, Communism, Liberteriarn[which also has a branch in Anarchasim].So saying he was Fash,or anarchist is acceptable.

< MOD SNIP >
    I agree the ideologies are all over the place. But there's a bit of an irony in the above calling it a false flag and labelling him an anarchist leftie, when you actually mixed up anarchy and fascism.

And here we were doing so well...And you had to try point-scoring and nitpicking...
    I think the idea he want to ban guns is a false flag in itself. As he quite clearly, as otmmyboy2 stated, want to use 2nd amendment tensions to start a race war. The gun issue was a means to an end.

Here's the relevant bits in Chronological order
    Article wrote:
    I chose firearms for the affect it would have on social discourse, the extra media coverage they would provide and the affect it could have on the politics of United states and thereby the political situation of the world. The US is torn into many factions by its second amendment, along state, social, cultural and, most importantly, racial lines.

With enough pressure the left wing within the United states will seek to abolish the second amendment, and the right wing within the US will see this as an attack on their very freedom and liberty. This attempted abolishment of rights by the left will result in a dramatic polarization of the people in the United States and eventually a fracturing of the US along cultural and racial lines.

Interviewer: So why not launch the attack in the US, not NZ? Won’t your attack result in calls for the removal of gun rights from Whites in the United states?
    Tarrant: Yes, that is the plan all along, you said you would fight to protect your rights and the constitution, well soon will come the time.

So black people, hispanics, orientals, and others work under a different US constitution to white people?...interesting!:rolleyes:

Interviewer: Won’t your attack result in calls for the removal of gun rights in the New Zealand?
    Tarrant : The gun owners of New Zealand are a beaten, miserable bunch of baby boomers, who have long since given up the fight.When was the last time they won increased rights? Their loss was inevitable.I just accelerated things a bit. They had long since lost their cities, take a look at Auckland. Did you really expect they would not also lose their rights

So only White people would lose their guns n the US going by this crackpot??:rolleyes::? How that shooting was going to influence a totally different culture 8,000miles away ,is still head-scratching.:confused:

Mellor wrote:
    As I said, I haven't read it, and I'm sure its full of contradictions. But the cover has a pretty clear white national message. Conveniently decorating a Nazi black symbol.
    A messed up guy indeed

Indeed, you need to read it to see how, if you can, as to how he reached his political stances.[Plural]

• Registered Users Posts: 39,001 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

IOW just as much a dipsht belief as an anarchist...
    To be honest Griz, it’s quite hard to read this post. You seem to be struggling with your formatting of the quote tags.

Fascism may be just as dipsht anarchism. But they are on opposite ends of the left-right spectrum.
    It’s a rather convenient time to mix up your left and right wing.
    To be blunt, it doesn’t look like a genuine mistake.

To be clear, I don’t think your publicly supporting those actions or the NZ gunman. And I agree that some people have been radicalised through Islam - whether in person, online etc. But I don’t think that justifys making up any old sht that might stick. That’s literally how extremists groups/websites behave.

I don’t think I that pointing out these errors are nitpicking. The guy said said he was a communist, then an anarchist, then a libertarian, and now a fascism. You chose to cherry pick bits that suited your agenda. I think that’s a bit telling.

As the banning guns in NZ. He seams fully aware that was an outcome. But it also reads like he wants to split the states on the 2ndA. Start a race war. More deaths basically. Forcing the gun control issue is a means to achieve those deaths. Not the end goal.
    As Cass said, the control ball was already rolling in NZ. Much like Oz after the Port Arthur attack.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Where to begin?

I've deleted any posts that were making false claims as per rule 3 of this thread. I've also deleted any post that replied only to said false information. Any post that replied to the false information and other points were edited rather than deleted to remove the false information, only.

I've also deleted the name calling and insult trading. This goes against the site/forum rule #1, be civil to one another. No infractions were issued to any party, for the moment, in the hope this warning serves as notice of intent for the future.

From this moment on any posts claiming false information as fact, and any post using name calling/insults or any other form of personal attacks/abuse will be deleted in their entirety and the user infracted. There will be no further warnings on this.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

For the love of God.

C'mon China, get your act together.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Advertisement

Cass wrote: »

They are messing around with things like covid and bird flu, because they want to use them as biological weapons. That is where covid came from, a lab, not the spiel that some guy got nipped by a bat in a cave and thats how it started. Ruthless the Chinese.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 1,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭otmmyboy2

tudderone wrote: »
    They are messing around with things like covid and bird flu, because they want to use them as biological weapons. That is where covid came from, a lab, not the spiel that some guy got nipped by a bat in a cave and thats how it started. Ruthless the Chinese.

Indeed, you know things are happening when the democrat bastion WaPo is jumping aboard with the lab leak theory:
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/05/30/beware-expert-consensus-covid-19-lab-leak-theory-shows-why/?

Never forget, the end goal is zero firearms of any type.

S.I. No. 187/1972 - Firearms (Temporary Custody) Order - Firearms seized

S.I. No. 21/2008 - Firearms (Restricted Firearms and Ammunition) Order 2008 - Firearm types restricted

Criminal Justice (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2009 - Firearms banned & grandfathered

S.I. No. 420/2019 - Magazine ban, ammo storage & transport restricted

Criminal Justice (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2023 - 2023 Firearm Ban (retroactive to 8 years prior)

Covid 21 here we come!:rolleyes:

otmmyboy2 wrote: »
    Indeed, you know things are happening when the democrat bastion WaPo is jumping aboard with the lab leak theory:
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/05/30/beware-expert-consensus-covid-19-lab-leak-theory-shows-why/?

And FB is also not censoring this either...I]Sounds of furious backpedalling in msm[/I Does anyone else feel like Winston Smith is busy as Hell in the ministry for Truth, deleting and rewriting history inthese times?

Covid 21 here we come!:rolleyes:

I believe the numbers are on the rise again here, already. The carry on in the city centre at the weekend (outdoor drinks parties) shows people aren't listening either.

Right, thats enough.

End of discussion on the NZ shooting.

I'm not going to keep reading every post, of a subject I have no interest in, and then having to research it trying to find if something is true or not. So I've just deleted the last few posts.

Move onto another topic.

I believe the numbers are on the rise again here, already.
    With the recent cyber attack the HSE and HPSC says data is not available.
    The carry on in the city centre at the weekend (outdoor drinks parties) shows people aren't listening either.
    But the outdoor transmission rate is something like 0.1% according to HPSC.

This is recorded worldwide so not just in Ireland.

With the recent cyber attack the HSE and HPSC says data is not available.

But the outdoor transmission rate is something like 0.1% according to HPSC.

This is recorded worldwide so not just in Ireland.

I was in a shopping centre today and there was zero social distancing going on, it was like covid was never heard of.

Thank god guns are outlawed in New York :rolleyes:

I was in a shopping centre today and there was zero social distancing going on, it was like covid was never heard of.
    That has been happening since day one.

I've not gone into a shopping centre in the last 15 months and ever seen everyone "obeying" the social distance guidelines. At queues for checkouts, yes, but up and down the mall and aisles, nope.

According to the latest data (only up to 22nd May) there is 1.72 million first doses and 510,000 second doses administered. That could be up to 2 million 1st doses and 520,000 second doses based on trends as of today.

I realise asymptomatic people can still spread it, but if 80% of the population (average) are asymptomatic and the rest are being vaccinated and taking other precautions along with 35% having their first dose, and almost 11% fully vaccinated coupled with some level of distancing and continued mask wearing I don't believe the threat is as severe.

People may be taking it less serious, but I don't believe that to be a sense of recklessness, but more hope coupled with utter contempt for the last 15 months of lockdowns. IOW they've had enough.

The UK posted over 3,500 new cases today, but no deaths. Their vaccination rate is much higher, hence the quicker lifting of lockdowns.

• Advertisement

Thank god guns are outlawed in New York :rolleyes:
    DeBlasio, how is that defund the police thing working out for you?

What a donkey. He reckons with the economy opening up thing will quiet down as well as a functioning court system. Does New York not have the same system as California where minor crimes are dealt with in court with RoRs? Why bother arresting people for them to be back on the streets in a matter of hours?

His anti police stance, the high rate of police retirements and those quitting due to his policies coupled with the ultra liberal court system means people have nothing to fear or lose by committing crime, in New York.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭Richard308

Not sure if I’d do this ?
    California teen girl fights off a bear attacking her dogs https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-57325483

Richard308 wrote: »
    Not sure if I’d do this ?
    California teen girl fights off a bear attacking her dogs https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-57325483

Seen that, brave woman, bears are not to be messed with.

Chaps(and chapettes),

You know that whole low priced goods(<€22) exemption from customs duty & vat that is ending shortly?
    Anyone know if that means the "gift" exemption is being removed too?

S.I. No. 21/2008 - Firearms (Restricted Firearms and Ammunition) Order 2008 - Firearm types restricted

Criminal Justice (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2009 - Firearms banned & grandfathered

Criminal Justice (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2023 - 2023 Firearm Ban (retroactive to 8 years prior)

July 1st it ends.

Gifts are exempt only if the value (of the gift, shipping, etc) is €45 or under. Anything over that amount and its subject to the requisite duties.

Chaps(and chapettes),

You know that whole low priced goods(<€22) exemption from customs duty & vat that is ending shortly?

Its odd, i bought motorcycle parts worth £75 and wasn't charged anything, just the postage. But buying cheaper things off ebay uk and you get nailed :confused:

Its odd, i bought motorcycle parts worth £75 and wasn't charged anything, just the postage. But buying cheaper things off ebay uk and you get nailed :confused:

Customs miss stuff with some regularity, especially if it isn't sent via couriers.
    Also depends on the value declared, etc.

I've had firearms come in, quite obviously being firearms and declared as such, with the correct import docs etc and not looked at, and a toy pistol which fired foam darts like this one seized for over a month as it was suspected of being a firearm...

2pcs-Plastic-Soft-Darts-Gun-Glock-17-EVA-Foam-Bullets-Boys-Toys-Gun-Weapon-Pistol-Accessories.jpg_Q90.jpg_.webp

Go figure :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Feisar

Chaps(and chapettes),

I got a Wiebad mini stock pad in and they missed it, I had to go to the bother of ringing up customs to pay for it.

First they came for the socialists...

But buying cheaper things off ebay uk and you get nailed :confused:
    They automatically add duty/customs at point of sale.

Its actually handy cause you get the full price without having to work out anything or do anything.

Bought a N/S mirror for a car recently. €250 here. With duty and postage it worked at €76 all in. Second hand vs new, i grant you, but the second hand market in the UK is so much bigger and better you've little choice when looking for certain parts.

Of course it works the other way too. If it goes over €150 or €200 the price after all taxes can be as much as new here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭Richard308

Karen McDougal: Trump escapes fine in Playboy model payment case https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-57335148
    Well well well, he dodged the bullet

Advertisement