Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Danny Masterson ( Hyde from that 70s show ) charged with rape of three women

• 18-06-2020 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,170 ✭✭✭✭

BBC:

Actor Danny Masterson, best known for his role on the hit series That '70s Show, has been charged with raping three women in the early 2000s.

He is charged with raping the women, who were all in their 20s, between 2001 and 2003.

Mr Masterson, 44, denies the charges and has argued that his membership of the Church of Scientology was leading to his persecution.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/world-us-canada-53087931

Sheesh. Heard his name getting mentioned during the whole #metoo / Weinstein thing. Sickening to hear.

He's trying to blame it on being a scientologist as well. People are only after him cause he is a member, Yadda Yadda blah blah. Yeah sure Danny.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/world-us-canada-53087931

Sheesh. Heard his name getting mentioned during the whole #metoo / Weinstein thing. Sickening to hear.

He's trying to blame it on being a scientologist as well. People are only after him cause he is a member, Yadda Yadda blah blah. Yeah sure Danny.

I'm not being smart but I never liked the look of that fella.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Nasty bastardson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭5555555555

Haaaaaaanging out ...............

• Registered Users Posts: 39,415 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Best known ? It's the only thing I know him from. Was he in any other show or film of note ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Really breaks your heart if you were a fan of That 70's Show. You know his brother is Christopher Masterson who played Francis in Malcolm in the Middle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,906 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Ah, like anything else, I'll just wait until it's been investigated by the appropriate authorities.

Might be true, might not be true. You can't believe anything just because there's been an accusation.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

the redhead on that 70s show was smokin

• Registered Users Posts: 39,415 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Really breaks your heart if you were a fan of That 70's Show. You know his brother is Christopher Masterson who played Francis in Malcolm in the Middle.

I didn't know that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

These rumours have been around for a while. We’ll have to wait and see what happens, I guess. So weird that he thinks he’s being targeted for being a Scientologist though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod:

Moving to Current Affairs. Reminder to read the charter before posting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Riddle101 wrote: »

He was also on a comedy with Ashton Kutcher called The Ranch and Elisa Cuthbert.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Bobblehats wrote: »
    Nasty bastardson

I would wait to hear the evidence first and then judge. Remember William Roche and Michael LeVel and George Takei?

• Registered Users Posts: 84,817 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Best known ? It's the only thing I know him from. Was he in any other show or film of note ?

The Ranch with Ashton, he is also married to Bijou Phillips

Danny Masterson to stand trial on 3 rape charges

Should plead insanity

• Registered Users Posts: 10,215 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

LorenzoB wrote: »
    Should plead insanity

Well, he is a Scientologist.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

He better hope that Martin Nolan is the Judge :pac:

Danny Masterson convicted of 2 counts of rape

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

Maybe its a method acting thing. Life was different in the 70s.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,823 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Real nasty stuff coming out about the Scientologists in relation to this case.

At the time of the assaults, Masterson and all three of his accusers were Scientologists. Several of the women said it took them years to come forward because Church of Scientology officials discouraged them from reporting the rape to police.

Instead, they were forced to rely on the Church's "internal justice system", prosecutors said.

Scientology officials told one survivor she would be kicked out of the Church unless she signed a non-disclosure agreement and accepted a payment of $400,000 (£320,000), according to prosecutors.

Judge Charlaine Olmedo allowed both sides to discuss the dogma and practices of Scientology.

But Deputy District Attorney Ariel Anson told jurors during the trial: "The Church taught his victims, 'Rape isn't rape, you caused this, and above all, you are never allowed to go to law enforcement.'"

Hmmm - internal "justice" procedures, swearing victims to silence, compo conditional on NDAs, and avoiding referral to law enforcement at all costs. Sounds very familiar...

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,870 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Wasn't he also accused of stalking the wife of one of the guys from the Mars Volta (band)?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

Sounds like a real mess of a case. I wonder what evidence they had to convict after 20 years, particularly when the previous jury had not been convinced. But maybe more details will come out post sentencing.

He has been sentenced to 30 years to life in prison

• Registered Users Posts: 81,514 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Thats some proper sentencing right there....

You wouldnt get that for murder in Ireland...

Sure Martin Nolan would have given him a suspended sentence....

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 15,279 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Him and Kutcher always seemed off

• Registered Users Posts: 3,804 ✭✭✭billie1b

No, he is 47 years old

• Registered Users Posts: 81,514 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭hayrabit

he's 47 'now' , but he did used to be younger 🤣

Advertisement