Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid vaccines - thread banned users in First Post

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,348 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

So anyways mister conspiracy theorist, I kept digging and stumbled across an article where Charlotte Allerton said vaccine resistant covid could develop, you don't need to look her up just trust me she's not a crank and knows what she's talking about. The company she works for hopes to have emergency use for an antiviral by the end of the year to stop covid.
    Now if a lady like her is hedging her bets that covid could become vaccine resistant it plays into the hypothesis I urged you to read earlier, the mutations will be created and spread by the vaccinated, it's the only way it can happen, the unvaccinated won't be responsible for vaccine resistance and will be the safest cohort to be in if/when it happens.

Any disease could become vaccine resistant though.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,042 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Can you provide a link to the article please?

To conquer COVID-19, create the perfect pill
    Experts say oral antivirals, long out of reach, could play a critical role in extinguishing the current coronavirus pandemic and preventing others from emerging

https://cen.acs.org/pharmaceuticals/drug-discovery/covid-19-oral-antiviral-pill-candidates/99/i19

Any disease could become vaccine resistant though.

That's the danger with the mass vaccinations, we should probably stop when the at risk and soon to be at risk are covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭harrylittle

Of course i'm uncertain, before I jump into the water I look to see there's no rocks, it's called due diligence. There's absolutely nothing wrong with asking questions and it should be encouraged as the truth always comes out.

I rarely post in the conspiracy forum, I just said I'd throw in the Nobel prize winner to see if it's considered a conspiracy, seems it is.

You don't have to be spectipal and think there's a hidden agenda at play, well not with me anyway.
    You can't really discuss things like this in the vaccine forum, not sure this is the correct place either but it'll have to do.

Always asks questions ... never trust government or Big business because they might have different motives then yours such as money .... its your body and your health is at stake ...if something goes wrong .. you'll pay the price no one else...you won't get much sympathy or thanks from government

• Registered Users Posts: 14,101 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

To conquer COVID-19, create the perfect pill
    Experts say oral antivirals, long out of reach, could play a critical role in extinguishing the current coronavirus pandemic and preventing others from emerging

https://cen.acs.org/pharmaceuticals/drug-discovery/covid-19-oral-antiviral-pill-candidates/99/i19

Thanks for the link. I can see now how you have taken the article out of context.

"Charlotte Allerton, Pfizer’s head of medicine design. Also, she adds, while COVID-19 vaccines appear to offer broad protection, that might not always be the case. Vaccine-resistant variants of SARS-CoV-2 could develop"

That is not the same as what you were pushing though.

"the mutations will be created and spread by the vaccinated"

• Advertisement

Always asks questions ... never trust government or Big business because they might have different motives then yours such as money .... its your body and your health is at stake ...if something goes wrong .. you'll pay the price no one else...you won't get much sympathy or thanks from government

Lol, you just claimed on another thread that vaccines have metal and microchips and big brother will be watching us through the walls :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭harrylittle

Lol, you just claimed on another thread that vaccines have metal and microchips and big brother will be watching us through the walls :pac:

your learning

your learning

Not from you I'm not!

Thanks for the link. I can see now how you have taken the article out of context.

"Charlotte Allerton, Pfizer’s head of medicine design. Also, she adds, while COVID-19 vaccines appear to offer broad protection, that might not always be the case. Vaccine-resistant variants of SARS-CoV-2 could develop"

That is not the same as what you were pushing though.

"the mutations will be created and spread by the vaccinated"

Ahh it's exactly the same, the mutations will be created by the vaccinated is from the discussion earlier. You need to read that Q&A. My post was to King Mob I can see how you've taken it out of context.

Follow the link on the post here..

https://twitter.com/GVDBossche/status/1395040833653645315?s=20

your learning

Just curious how many previous vaccines have you taken?

• Advertisement

Ahh it's exactly the same, the mutations will be created by the vaccinated is from the discussion earlier. You need to read that Q&A. My post was to King Mob I can see how you've taken it out of context.

Follow the link on the post here..

https://twitter.com/GVDBossche/status/1395040833653645315?s=20

Follow the links here

https://www.mcgill.ca/oss/article/covid-19-critical-thinking-pseudoscience/doomsday-prophecy-dr-geert-vanden-bossche

https://factcheck.afp.com/mass-covid-19-vaccination-will-not-lead-out-control-variants

https://medium.com/beingwell/fact-checking-geert-vanden-bossche-cashing-in-on-covid-misinformation-3a228302ba0c

I've read the first one, the assumption there is it won't mutate much. They're basically saying vaccine resistance can't happen, this is exactly why you need to read the Q&A rather than running to fact checking bloggers and pushing their opinion as gospel.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,223 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

So anyways mister conspiracy theorist,
    Again you're making this odd accusation yet I've not proposed any conspiracy.
    You however have claimed that my links are part of a conspiracy. You are now running away from this absurd claim and trying to distract with a new tangent.

What I suspect happened was that you weren't aware of the context around the situation in the Seychelles, dispute your hypocritical accusations about other people "not being educated".
    So when I provided context and facts around the situation that undermined your conspiracy beliefs, you got a bit desperate. You falsely claimed that the CNN article was false out of this desperation.
    Then hilariously you link to a statement from the Seychelles government which contains the exact same facts from the CNN article which you called lies. You didn't realise this because you didn't read the article or my post where I highlighted these quotes. This is again more hypocrisy on your part.

So now since you can't defend you false claims you're running away again.

You keep saying that you're "just asking questions". If that's the case with do you have to lie and dodge?

I've read the first one, the assumption there is it won't mutate much. They're basically saying vaccine resistance can't happen, this is exactly why you need to read the Q&A rather than running to fact checking bloggers and pushing their opinion as gospel.

Lol but we should take that one guys Q and A as gospel?

:D

Your letting this twirper

https://twitter.com/ENirenberg/status/1395012857851490308?s=20

Fact check a guy with this experience, https://be.linkedin.com/in/geertvandenbossche

The conspiracy theorists are hilarious, keep up the good research.

Do you think the unvaccinated should wear masks to protect them from the vaccinated in case this scenario plays out?

King Mob wrote: »
    Lol but we should take that one guys Q and A as gospel?

No but you should have the conversation. Shouting crank and dismissing all of it is juvenile.
    We need to accept vaccine resistance could happen and be prepared if it does.

:D

Your letting this twirper

https://twitter.com/ENirenberg/status/1395012857851490308?s=20

Fact check a guy with this experience, https://be.linkedin.com/in/geertvandenbossche

The conspiracy theorists are hilarious, keep up the good research.

Wise words.

Do you think the unvaccinated should wear masks to protect them from the vaccinated in case this scenario plays out?

Will you read that Q&A and give me your opinion on that question. Tbh I'm not sure from my reading of it, probably safest if the government keep the vaccinated masked up indefinitely.

I don't think anyone who's not sick should be mandated to wear a mask that includes people who don't know they're asymptomatic.

Will you read that Q&A and give me your opinion on that question. Tbh I'm not sure from my reading of it, probably safest if the government keep the vaccinated masked up indefinitely.

I don't think anyone who's not sick should be mandated to wear a mask that includes people who don't know they're asymptomatic.

I will indeed once you show me how you stumbled across this Twitter user and why you think his opinion is of any value after I provided 3 links that debunk his theories.

• Advertisement

No but you should have the conversation. Shouting crank and dismissing all of it is juvenile.
    So when you falsely claimed that the CNN article was false despite not reading it or knowing it's contents...?
    That was ok for you to do?
    We need to accept vaccine resistance could happen and be prepared if it does.
    But that's not what's happening in the Seychelles, despite your claim.

Again, if you're "just asking questions" why all this dishonesty and falsehoods?

I will indeed once you show me how you stumbled across this Twitter user and why you think his opinion is of any value after I provided 3 links that debunk his theories.

You linked to that Twitter user, he's one of your fact checkers. I think you just had a quick Google and posted 3 links without reading them or the Q&A they tried to fact check. A bit lazy on your part in fairness.

But that's not what's happening in the Seychelles, despite your claim.

Finally getting back to the question I initially asked, so what is happening in the Seychelles?

Finally getting back to the question I initially asked, so what is happening in the Seychelles?

I posted a link that explains it. You falsely claimed that the link was propaganda and then ran away when you were challenged on this lie.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=117215162&postcount=108

I posted a link that explains it. You falsely claimed that the link was propaganda and then ran away when you were challenged on this lie.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=117215162&postcount=108

It doesn't explain, I read it when you posted it originally and just again now. It makes a claim people have let their guard down as the cause along with a bit of travel. Then yaps on with the usual the vaccines are safe and effective mantra.

I've done a bit of research it seems the sequencing isn't up to much there, the suspicion is the south African variant could have come in and may be spreading. I'm still not sure they know exactly what's happening but the vaccinated are catching, spreading it and ending up in hospital.

You might riddle this one for me, are vaccine slippage, evasion and resistance all the same thing.

fyi I wasn't hiding, i'd to step out for some work.

It doesn't explain, I read it when you posted it originally and just again now. It makes a claim people have let their guard down as the cause along with a bit of travel. Then yaps on with the usual the vaccines are safe and effective mantra.

You clearly haven't read it.
    To some, vaccinated people getting sick with Covid seems to suggest the vaccines aren't working. But local authorities, experts and the World Health Organization (WHO) say the Seychelles' experience is broadly in line with expectations.
    Although both vaccines have been approved by the WHO, neither vaccine is 100% effective against Covid-19 -- AstraZeneca claims a 76% efficacy against symptomatic coronavirus disease and 100% efficacy against severe or critical disease or hospitalization, while Sinopharm has an efficacy rate of 79% against symptomatic coronavirus or hospitalization, according to data from a large multi-country Phase 3 trial.
    Dr Richard Mihigo, program coordinator for vaccine preventable diseases, at WHO regional office for Africa, said Seychelles' data matched evidence Covid-19 vaccines are highly effective at preventing severe disease, hospitalization and deaths.
    Explain what is false in this statement.
    I've done a bit of research it seems the sequencing isn't up to much there, the suspicion is the south African variant could have come in and may be spreading. I'm still not sure they know exactly what's happening but the vaccinated are catching, spreading it and ending up in hospital.
    Making things up is not "research".
    fyi I wasn't hiding, i'd to step out for some work.
    Ok cool. Then support your false claim that this article is false and "propaganda."

Ah right you believe an assumption is a statement of fact, we should soon be seeing a large rise of infections and hospitalizations in the vaccinated then as more people jet the jab, will you drop AOC the memo as he's going to be delighted with this fact checked by yourself CNN report.
    Seriously you went to research the subject and came back with a CNN advertorial, hilarious.

Ah right you believe an assumption is a statement of fact,
    No, again you don't seem to have actually read my post or the article.
    we should soon be seeing a large rise of infections and hospitalizations in the vaccinated then as more people jet the jab, will you drop AOC the memo as he's going to be delighted with this fact checked by yourself CNN report.
    This is incoherent nonsense.
    Seriously you went to research the subject and came back with a CNN advertorial, hilarious.
    Yes. Please explain what is incorrect or false in the article.
    I've asked you this several times and you've run from the question every time.

If the article is propaganda or false, it should be easy for you to show this.

But you can't, so you'll once again ignore the point.

So again, why are you resorting to this to "just ask questions"?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,406 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

They lifted restrictions too fast. Opened up for tourism in March. 80% of the cases were unvaccinated. 2/3rds of cases had mild or no symptoms.

Next...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭granturismo

I've done a bit of research it seems the sequencing isn't up to much there, ....

Link please.

Advertisement