Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW38 - transfers.

• 19-05-2021 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭

Banking it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,549 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

So many unknowns going into final game

Does Greenwood, Bruno, Lindelof, Shaw, Cavani play? Most people will have 2/3 of them

Probably uncertainty around 6/7 goal keepers going into Sunday - I believe Meslier won't be playing - some have him for sure.

Any City asset worth bringing in, if do transfer out United lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Ace2007 wrote: »
    So many unknowns going into final game

Does Greenwood, Bruno, Lindelof, Shaw, Cavani play? Most people will have 2/3 of them

Probably uncertainty around 6/7 goal keepers going into Sunday - I believe Meslier won't be playing - some have him for sure.

It sounds like DDG has won the battle and is going to start the EL final, and that Henderson is going to start the league game. If they are rotating keepers, we could see some other rotation too.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Any City asset worth bringing in

I want to bring in Aguero but his fitness is a big worry.

I wonder will Torres get another start as he was the sacrificial lamb after the red card last night. KDB also needs a start before the CL final to get back into rhythm. Sterling needs a run out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Ahead in mini leagues so Augero for me.
    Last home game so will surly get some game time.

Salah triple captain with Bamford a slight outsider for it too

• Registered Users Posts: 19,587 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Will see what Antonio does later, if he blanks I might correct the mistake and go back to Bamford for the last game. The final day of the season can sometimes throw up a monster score in one game and of the fixtures listed Leeds at home to Brom with their fans in the stadium for the first time ever in the Premier League would seem like a good game for a final day goal fest. Rodrigo could also be an option.

Other than that if some news came through about City players like Mahrez, Foden, Torres starting Id go for that. Surely they have to turn on the style v Everton before receiving the PL trophy

Grealish back starting. Could be a differential against a Chelsea side with one eye on the CL final.

Potentially his last game for Villa, at Villa Park too. Will want to impress before the Euros

• Advertisement

Son to Grealish is looking likely now.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,198 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I'll likely do Digne and DCL to Dallas and Bamford. Was considering Wood but Blades look like they've tightened up. Hoping Leeds put on a show for the fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Unsure on Augero now.

Possibly Chris Wood and Harrison/Wilock for Gundogan/DCL

• Registered Users Posts: 32,601 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Fitz* wrote: »
    Grealish back starting. Could be a differential against a Chelsea side with one eye on the CL final.

Potentially his last game for Villa, at Villa Park too. Will want to impress before the Euros

If Chelsea even draw against us, they probably won’t get CL next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

Banking it.

Good chance I will.

Struggling to care at this stage. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Fitz* wrote: »

Chelsea have to win to guarantee a CL finish though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,326 ✭✭✭macraignil

DCL out for Wood, Iheanacho or Antonio?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

macraignil wrote: »
    DCL out for Wood, Iheanacho or Antonio?

have you got bamford?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

Not sure i've ever really gotten a high score in last gameweek even though there have been plenty of goal filled gws over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,587 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Its a bit late in the day to be getting Trent in but holy fcuk not owning him has been an absolute rank killer, he has served up 70 points in his last 10 games. A rival owns him so Im kind of half fearful he could deliver up a monster score v Palace on the final day, Liverpool put 7 past them last time out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,326 ✭✭✭macraignil

but1er wrote: »
    have you got bamford?
    Yes, but benched him this week for his best score in a while and probably have 3 up front on the last day including Kane.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

DCL replacements?

Antonio, Bamford, Benteke, Adams can all be considered I guess.

Antonio and Bamford naturally the most appealing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Son > Mane. Or DCL > Bamford.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Son > Mane. Or DCL > Bamford.

Both.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    DCL replacements?

Antonio, Bamford, Benteke, Adams can all be considered I guess.

Antonio and Bamford naturally the most appealing.

In the same position and tempted by Firmino but most likely Bamford to block others behind me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    Both.

Im 16pts behind main rival. I’m not sure if -4 is worth it. What do ya think? 20pt haul will be hard to overtake...

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Newbie20

I’m after tailing off in my leagues the last couple of weeks and have nothing to play for really. Tempted to use the opportunity to take a -12 and really freshen up the team for the last day. Might get rid of Kane for this one, maybe even Bruno and take a few risks to try and get one last big score.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭trigger26

Do yis think Bruno/Shae will be rested? Thinking of shipping son but that lad could score double digits no bother. Other thoughts is bringing in Leeds defender for Everton one

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭x43r0

Having best season in 12th season playing this. First year involved in a money league with a 2 point lead going into gw38.

Would love any input in case I'm making an obvious error here

2FT (+1M in the bank) in hand and rival has one FT

Last GW I brought in Greenwood to try and block a differential of his. If I had a bigger lead I'd probably do the same and block 2 more of his differentials but at 3 points it doesn't seem worth it

ATM I haven't a solid plan but Dallas seems like the most obvious one to bring in. I expect he'll bench Digne away to MCI and bring Phillips off the bench.

GK is an obvious weakness for me as Liverpool will almost certainly score so could switch if there's a strong contender. I expect Martinez isn't getting the CS against Chelsea though so maybe not a position where ground would be lost

In Mid will wait and see if there is any hints on the UTD lineup but otherwise can't see a change worth making since we have so many common players, unless I go fck it, throw in a differential and risk a UTD midfield points haul

Up front seems like the most potential for a swing either way. Watkins and Iheanacho did well for me gw37 and could see both getting returns

553591.png

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭clever user name

40 points ahead in ML, can't possibly f**k that up.

Bruno & Watkins -> Mane & Bamford. Not overthinking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,596 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Last transfers made, crap season and hopefully back to normal soccer next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,076 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

40 points ahead in my work money league 46 points behind in my friends/family league two free transfers.

Calvert Lewin is the first obvious one for either Nacho or Bamford atm.

I dunno yet whether to move on one of Bruno or Greenwood or change the keeper as I don't see Martinez or McCarthy getting clean sheets.

Benteke a doubt for Sunday.

He might want to preserve himself for the Euros now. Palace have nothing to play for, but he does.

http://londonnewsonline.co.uk/crystal-palace-boss-to-assess-duo-ahead-of-liverpool-clash-with-benteke-definitely-an-injury-doubt/

• Registered Users Posts: 19,549 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

I fear my team is very open to rotation/benching

Bale had really good game against Wolves, but benched yesterday - is there a risk he won't start Sunday?
    Bruno - anyone's guess.
    Lindelof - half think ole might play him and Turnzabe for more match practice - but still risk
    Struijk bench on Tuesday - so doubts for Sunday now

I don't even know if i want early team news about Bruno - unless it's that he's not in the squad - got 4 point lead on rival and we only have 3 same players - TAA, Bruno and Kane,so selling someone who might come on and score is not ideal.

Bale and Davis out, Wilock and Bamford in might be the best play..... decision.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,247 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

x43r0 wrote: »
    Having best season in 12th season playing this. First year involved in a money league with a 2 point lead going into gw38.
    ……….

Leno v Brighton might be a worthwhile keeper punt if you want to use one of your 2FT here. Arsenal have tightened up and have something tangible to play off whilst Brighton are poor scorers.
    Maybe check with the bookies odds for the most likely clean-sheet.
    It's not foolproof though because Guita could concede 3, but make 6 saves and outscore all the keepers who concede 1.

It's a tough spot in general you are in.
    You have a tiny lead, have a better core XI imo, and have a lot of his players covered. But if they don't play (Greenwood, Bruno, Shaw etc) he looks to have a better XV with the likes of Lingard and Lowton.
    I think at a minimum you have to be prepared to get rid of one of your United blockers, by trying to get an idea of Ole's starting team. Early info would be great.
    Dallas definitely looks a plausible move as both a blocker, and a good last day selection in his own right as Leeds seem to be 'on it'.

Advertisement