Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Take the PEEHS out of Dublin [Closing: 3rd June 10am; reveal 8pm]

Options
  • 14-05-2021 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭

It's time to take the PEEHS out of Dublin...

night_tour_dublin_big_bus_1.png

After the success of my SHEEP I appear to have caught a game running bug :D Format unashamedly stolen from Rikand's 15to1! :pac:

This is like regular Peehs, except I give you 12 questions AND their answers and you just give me what you think the least popular answer will be from all the choices available.
    In Peehs, the object of the game is to finish with the lowest score possible.

Please PM me your answers, do NOT post them on thread.
    Please note, if you choose something other than the listed answers, you will not be eligible for the wooden spoon competition!

Knowledge of the Capital Sh*tty is not required... neither is googling, but it is allowed if you think it can help :p (or if you want to learn more about my choices ;))!
    I'm a culchie, partly (unintentionally) impersonating a jackeen these days, so a bit of good natured slagging of my categories, and moreso my answers, is definitely welcomed.

Reveal tbc: sometime after Eurovision mania (i.e. last week of may, after cee_jay's SHEEP :))

13. Pubs to visit post Covid (if they are/were to open)
    Against the Grain, The Barge, Berlin, The Bernard Shaw, The Black Sheep, Doheny & Nesbitt, The Gravediggers, Grogan's, Kehoe's, The Long Hall, No name, PMac's, Toner's

12. Music to beat the band
    Aslan, B*witched, Boyzone, The Chieftans, The Coronas, The Dubliners, Fontaines D.C., Kodaline, The Script, Thin Lizzy, U2, Versatile

11. Restaurants to whet your appetite
    Ananda, Bunsen, Chapter One, The Church, Cirillos, Damascus Gate, The Green Hen, KFC Parnell Street, Rays Pizza, Token, Zaytoon

10. Attractions for the culchie relatives to visit
    The ace with the bass, Botanic Gardens, Dublin Zoo, The floozie in the Jacuzzi, The GPO, The National Gallery, Penneys hun, The stiffy by the Liffey, The tart with the cart, Trinity College

9. Shopping centre to splurge in
    Blanch, Dundrum, George's Street Arcade, Ilac, Jervis, Liffey Valley, Omni, Pavillion, Tallaght

8. Something you'll here on the street
    Aaaaahhhhhh boll*x, Gerrup outta tha, It's bleedin banjaxed, Jaysis, Scarlet for ya, State o ya, Wreck the gaff, Ya bleedin Spanner

7. Cinema to catch a flick in
    Cineworld, IFI, Light House, Movies@Dundrum, Odeon Coolock, Savoy, Vue Liffey Valley

6. Staple food in your diet...
    Boxty, Coddle, Colcannon, Guinness (as good as a meal), Pretentious Doughnuts and a Soy Flat White, Spice Bag

5. Motorway to get the f*ck out
    M1, M3, M4, M7, M11

4. A body of (dirty) water
    Dodder, Grand Canal, Liffey, Royal Canal

3. Where you go to see the supposedly eco friendly low powered LEDs that make up the modern xmas lights
    Grafton St, Henry St, IFSC (so you can accidentally fall into the lock beside CHQ while looking up)

2. Well now, controversial or what? Simple question with a complex answer that can make or break you (literally):
    Northside or Southside

AND There can only be 1. winner, hopefully!!! :pac:

(Disclaimer: all categories and answers are meant in jest, no offence intended to Dubliners, those from the 'real' capital, culchies, and other uncatergorisable souls alike :p All welcome to play foreign or domestic ;))

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,274 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

200.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 28,796 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I'll be in some time next week - love the sound of this!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

Zaph wrote: »
    200.gif

You actually are... if the PM wasn't in my inbox I think you'd be fibbing that's so fast :pac:

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Purgative

I understand it, so I'm in.

Purgative wrote: »
    I understand it, so I'm in.

Nothing to see here...:p

5108498459_20469975cb_b.jpg

• Advertisement

ari101 wrote: »
    You actually are... if the PM wasn't in my inbox I think you'd be fibbing that's so fast :pac:

I gave absolutely zero thought to the answers I've submitted because I didn't think that mulling over them for a PEEHS would do anything more than give me a headache. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,679 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

After the success of my SHEEP I appear to have caught a game running bug :D
    tenor.gif
    :D

tenor.gif
    :D

Don't worry, it'll probably be ages before another 'good' *cough idea strikes ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

An he-or! Where's the bleedin batter burger option for something to eat. :P
    I joke Ari. This contest will be bleedin rapid.

An he-or! Where's the bleedin batter burger option for something to eat. :P
    I joke Ari. This contest will be bleedin rapid.

Just as popular in culchie-land :p (actually I dunno). I went into Leo Burdocks once and was horrified to note the beef patty is deep fried (need vomit emoji ;)) Like how hard is it to have a hot plate!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

In

A couple of my favourite Pubs in that first one...

giphy.gif

In

There are two (*checks again and thinks hard) three on that list I haven't actually been to... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Purgative

There are two (*checks again and thinks hard) three on that list I haven't actually been to... :pac:

I was just grateful it was multiple choice :o.

Haven't been in any. Last time I was in Dublin was to catch the ferry and that was about 10 years ago. So I've used all of my expert knowledge. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 84,993 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Penneys Hun is so in for 2021, the place to shop till you drop :p

In Dublin's fair city which can be very ****ty let's look for peehs no one else sees

I've definitely been to them all, but quite a few on the list I'd pop into frequently enough, and a handful that I've only been to once or twice.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Penneys Hun is so in for 2021, the place to shop till you drop :p

In Dublin's fair city which can be very ****ty let's look for peehs no one else sees

Unfortunately with all the CCTV, no one gets away with PEEHS that no one else sees :pac::pac::pac:

I have a friend who bothered to register for a Penney's appointment this week :D

I've definitely been to them all, but quite a few on the list I'd pop into frequently enough, and a handful that I've only been to once or twice.

We can use it as a noms list for the next Forum Games drinkies if in Dublin ;)

We can use it as a noms list for the next Forum Games drinkies if in Dublin ;)

Did someone say Pub Crawl? ;):D

Did someone say Pub Crawl? ;):D

There are 12... and hopefully there'll be 'normality' by the end of the year... :D

(Well actually I'm a lightweight, so can't do 12 unless someone is carrying my home and paying the throwing up fee to the taxi man :p)

Curious is Temple Bar the dearest place in ROI for a drink?

• Advertisement

Unfortunately with all the CCTV, no one gets away with PEEHS that no one else sees :pac::pac::pac:

I have a friend who bothered to register for a Penney's appointment this week :D

I got to Penneys this week and bought a lot of not needed things, but being in a clothing store was fabulous, found a few increase in prices of some items

Curious is Temple Bar the dearest place in ROI for a drink?

As a general area I would expect so. I imagine there are certain swanky hotels and airside in any Irish airport that are dearer...? ;)

There are 12... and hopefully there'll be 'normality' by the end of the year... :D

(Well actually I'm a lightweight, so can't do 12 unless someone is carrying my home and paying the throwing up fee to the taxi man :p)

There are 13, and you should know that ari, as it's your game. :rolleyes:

Logistically, you could rule a good few of them out anyway if it were a pub crawl, as a handful of 'em are a bit further afield.

I got to Penneys this week and bought a lot of not needed things, but being in a clothing store was fabulous, found a few increase in prices of some items

Bring back changing rooms and I'm there, well anywhere with clothes I can try before I buy (I need a TK Maxx haul) :D

There are 13, and you should know that ari, as it's your game. :rolleyes:

Logistically, you could rule a good few of them out anyway if it were a pub crawl, as a handful of 'em are a bit further afield.

Haha - blaming the wine... see evidence ;)

Just as popular in culchie-land :p (actually I dunno). I went into Leo Burdocks once and was horrified to note the beef patty is deep fried (need vomit emoji ;)) Like how hard is it to have a hot plate!

They come up here and take our jobs, take our women, take the piss out of our most venerable institutions...

If nothing comes to play, and doesn't pick the doughnuts, I'll be disappointed ;)

Saturday's treat...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 10,679 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

In

giphy.gif
    Agreed - Doheny & Nesbitt and The Gravediggers for me, two of the finest pints of Guinness in the country. It's been so, so long....! And now I don't even live in Dublin, god knows when I'll be back in them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭nothing

If nothing comes to play, and doesn't pick the doughnuts, I'll be disappointed ;)

Saturday's treat...

I was just going to say the same!

Advertisement