Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

Peed off here, I paid 20e for a phone charger yesterday ( cable no plug), I usually buy cheap ones but not this time, now I think it's a problem either with the port or the plug because it's not charging unless I have it in a certain position and the phone keeps saying check your charger. Ffs I should have just bought a cheapie.

@Mam, there's a series on Sky Crime called The Real Manhunter ,3rd episode on Sunday night, I love it and think you might enjoy it, an retired UK detective detailing how he solved different cases, really interesting.

Couchside, no wine, feeling a bit sicky, 17k steps for me today, it's either a feast or a famine, I'll probably do 500 tomorrow lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Grumpy in bed snoring away. He became very unsettled after all that sedation eventually worked out of his system. Finally, peace restored.

Chilling by watching Fontaines at Kilmainham.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,743 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Duvet, bring the pigging lead back, feckin hate that..

Sardi, hope ye both get a good rest..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Peed off here, I paid 20e for a phone charger yesterday ( cable no plug), I usually buy cheap ones but not this time, now I think it's a problem either with the port or the plug because it's not charging unless I have it in a certain position and the phone keeps saying check your charger. Ffs I should have just bought a cheap one

Nah . Blow it out with air. The cheap ( € shop ) leads do more harm than good. Bing it back but don't get the pound shop tat

• Registered Users Posts: 10,035 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

@duvet day, does the phone support wireless charging ?

Nespresso time for me with some nice cream.

@mam, get de-caf coffee so you can enjoy coffees in the afternoon.

• Advertisement

This country just went from 5 million to 6 million vaccinations in the last 5 days, and it looks like the next million will be done in 4 days. Primarily thanks to the Serum Institute of India with their production of AstraZeneca.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,743 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

smurfjed wrote: »
    This country just went from 5 million to 6 million vaccinations in the last 5 days, and it looks like the next million will be done in 4 days. Primarily thanks to the Serum Institute of India with their production of AstraZeneca.

They are some amazing numbers

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Munich and then Marrakesh.

Munich is much more fun outside the festival time unless drunken debauchery is your thing :)

Used to spend a lot of time in Marrakesh, beautiful place.

For me, it has to be the Balkans, all the countries between Europe and Turkey, I’m kinda biased as most of my colleagues are from there and have shown me lovely photographs.

@duvet day, does the phone support wireless charging ?

I don't think so Smurf, it's a Samsung 8+ , so not very new. I think the problem is with the port as I tried another charger from a laptop last night and same issue, it has to be in a certain position while it's charging, very annoying.

Another complete coffee addict here, just have instant at home but get at least one takeaway a day, I love the flat white ones. The problem is that I'm getting into the habit of getting a cake with the coffee so my walks are doing no good for my waistline, meeting my friend this morning so it will be more takeaway, no wonder there's a coffee shop/ van every hundred yards and they're all busy, I think we're all addicted lol.

Still bedside, chilly but nice morning, have a great Saturday lads.

My present work partner is addicted to Starbucks, regardless of the time of day, he has to stop in Starbucks on the way to the airport, he is totally incapable of working without it, and nicotine :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

Samsung 8+ unfortunately doesn’t have wireless charging :(

My present work partner is addicted to Starbucks, regardless of the time of day, he has to stop in Starbucks on the way to the airport, he is totally incapable of working without it, and nicotine :)

I had the S7.. that had wireless charging, I believe all Samsungs have it from.then on.
    But one tip is to get a darning needle, and gently scrape inside the charging point on the phone..all' around...it collects lint, dust, any pocket fluff at all..
    That could sort it out for you

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Samsung 8+ unfortunately doesn’t have wireless charging :(

Must be torture on long flights, bursting for a smoke!!

Nope, smoking is kinda permitted around here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

Lovely relaxing morning watching Goliath and scoffing black pudding and potato cakes and eggs. Out soon for the shopping and MIGHT be tempted to finally end my sober run and indulge in some craft beers. Not for the taste or the enjoyment of course but solely to show my support for the craft beer brewing industry and the economy in general and stuff..... So I might buy 6 of them :pac:
    Here's a question, what do you do now during Covid with those fiddly little plastic bags that you put the fruit and veg into?
    I was in the supermarket yesterday and picked a bunch of vine tomatoes and so I got one of the wee plastic bags to slip them into but of course as usual the stupid bag wouldn't open so I instinctively went to quickly lick my finger-tip as you do, in an effort to get the top of the plastic bag to separate and open. But of course I forgot I had my face mask on.
    So basically I looked like I was putting my finger up to my mouth for no reason. A woman and her kid were passing by as I did it so it looked like I was telling them to shush :D
    How dare they talk to each other while shopping in tescos anyway!!! A place of worship it is.
    Anyway, 30 seconds of frantically rubbing the bag eventually paid dividends and a fine bunch of tomatoes were purchased but it's a sad end for the auld finger-tip licking trick. A sad end indeed.
    God damn you Covid!! You've already taken away so much from us but this is one step too far!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,235 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

The problem there was you were buying tomatoes, food of the devil :D

It’s spa day here as hair to be dyed and face mask on and nails going to be painted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Semi adopted cat asleep on the couch flat out. House cat asleep upstairs. No fights yet. We are feeling really sorry for the new cat. Used to belong to my sister around the corner. They are so full of crap to abandon an animal like that. Mrs G is gonna sleep on the couch to check her check out time from hotel G!:D

Watch out or word will get round the cat world that .... How do you think I ended up with SEVEN cats to feed!

It cannot increase as I now have every single cat the island has,, UNLESS THEY LEARN HOW TO SWIM! OH DEAR.. Dreadful thought!

Love em all though! LOVE them ALL!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Autosport wrote: »
    The problem there was you were buying tomatoes, food of the devil :D

It’s spa day here as hair to be dyed and face mask on and nails going to be painted :)

Lucky AlfredSport. ( what colour is he getting is hair dyed ? )
    Hope its Auto's turn next saturday:)

Great to see you posting Grace7, stay safe on that little island of yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Great to see you posting Grace7, stay safe on that little island of yours.

Twas the weather brought me here today! Snow!

Actually I am in the safest place in the whole of Ireland. No one is allowed to come here.... I was just thinking that the only time I have been offisland in nearly 2 1/2 years was the Rescue 118 "medical evacuation" last year.

So no covid; no masks... I chat to the ferryman over the gate occasionally - neither of us masked so we keep remembering and backing away!

The other day the postman shouted at the gate. he leaves mail in a bag there and has my written authority to sign for anything that needs it in case I am abed. So he never calls out.

I called from the door but by the time I had thrown clothes on he was driving away. I think he had been alerted that no one had seen me recently! Amazing! I realised later I had not updated my weblog for days so someone missed me .

Not doing well healthwise anyways but there we are.. when the weather warms up life will be easier. For all of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,012 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Autosport wrote: »

That dog is just so spoilt :D

My own little feline lady is back to herself now, thankfully.
    Took her 24 hours to come round fully after it.

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement

Morning all. Brrrrr etc.

Smurf, are you saying your colleague can smoke on the flight??

• Registered Users Posts: 22,235 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

0lddog wrote: »
    Lucky AlfredSport. ( what colour is he getting is hair dyed ? )
    Hope its Auto's turn next saturday:)

AlfredSport is looking well as usual, he’s now resting his weary little body and snoring his head off :D

I am not looking the best as I was rather vocal watching the grand national :D

Dinner time
    Now :)

Yep �� it’s a cultural thing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Night owl gal

Couchside at my folk's house

just an update about the vaccine and how I felt after it, when I went to bed on Thursday night, a migraine, feeling shivery, aches and pains, and coughing developed during the night. Was vomiting with my migraine for most of yesterday, was considering care doc as I couldn't keep down fluids, but thankfully it settled down. My migraine eventually went about half 10 pm on Friday. The other symptoms went away over the course of the day yesterday, aside from a cough. Over the worst of it thankfully but feel quite wiped out

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,582 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Living room, just finishing up some painting of art pieces of brightly coloured birds. Been a good while since I’ve had the chance to create some art.

Hope yiz are all having a relaxed weekend! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

How's your OH today Jupiterkid?
    Hopefully he's feeling much better :)

Dinner sorted for tomorrow, old habits die hard !
    Am cold all day , can't warm up at all .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,084 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    How's your OH today Jupiterkid?
    Hopefully he's feeling much better :)

Dinner sorted for tomorrow, old habits die hard !
    Am cold all day , can't warm up at all .

What's your old habit dinner for tomorrow Mam? Heating pumping away here the last few hours and still chilly.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

What's your old habit dinner for tomorrow Mam? Heating pumping away here the last few hours and still chilly.

Cooking the meat , and the carrot/parsnip mash , so just the potatoes tomorrow for mash and roasting to put on G . That's the way it always was on a Saturday when we were growing up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,084 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Cooking the meat , and the carrot/parsnip mash , so just the potatoes tomorrow for mash and roasting to put on G . That's the way it always was on a Saturday when we were growing up :)

Ah the oul cooking the meat on a Saturday night job and the peeled spuds in the pot. I well remember the pressure cooker going on a Saturday night with a ham in it. No posh dinner here tomorrow. Did it for the girls today. Tomorrow are simply dirty burgers.:D

• Advertisement

I'd feckin love a feed of bacon and cabbage with loads of parsley sauce right now.

Advertisement