Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Good Friday? The Late Late Show - Friday 2nd April 2021.

• 01-04-2021 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭

Happy Easter everyone.

Not content with dedicating a whole show to the "c" word, last week, this week Mr. Fun will be honing in on...AUTISM! What a treat!

"Who's your sexy daddy?" is channelling Michael Portillo, but without the colourful private life, perhaps...
    Former Taoiseach Enda Kenny joins Tubridy to speak about life after politics and his new series that starts next week on RTÉ, which sees him rediscovering Ireland's railway routes.

A canteen coup-such a scoop!
    Broadcaster Sarah McInerney, recently announced alongside Fran McNulty to join Miriam O'Callaghan as new presenters of Prime Time, will speak with Ryan about her new role, taking those in power to task and how she ended up presenting a whole radio show on her mobile phone.

Not sure about the first crowd, but Spillane makes me want to rip off my two ears and eat them.
    The music line-up includes Wild Youth exclusively performing their new single Can't Say No and, on the day of the record's release, John Spillane performs a song from his critically acclaimed album 100 Snow White Horses.

Other than all that, I'm quite positive about the whole thing. Honestly.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Happy Easter everyone.

Not content with dedicating a whole show to the "c" word, last week, this week Mr. Fun will be honing in on...AUTISM! What a treat!

"Who's your sexy daddy?" is channelling Michael Portillo, but without the colourful private life, perhaps...

A canteen coup-such a scoop!

Not sure about the first crowd, but Spillane makes me want to rip off my two ears and eat them.

Other than all that, I'm quite positive about the whole thing. Honestly.

Wild youth supported the stones in Croker and I imagined them after their set jumping into mammys suv and going for ice cream

That’s as wild as it gets for wild youth

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Happy Easter everyone.

for a split second i thought you said atheistism

would be an apt topic for good friday, get it out there once and for all

"who believes in God?"

• Registered Users Posts: 19,569 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Feels a lot like Friday today.

Just saying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

Not content with dedicating a whole show to the "c" word, last week

I missed it, was Piers Morgan on?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,073 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

.anon. wrote: »
    I missed it, was Piers Morgan on?

It wasn't that c word

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84,740 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Happy Easter Everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Adrian Dunbar of 'hold yer aul whisht' fame is on
    00166f16-614.jpg?ratio=1.78

• Registered Users Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Will Ryan still ask him about how being Irish is so great?

• Registered Users Posts: 84,740 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    Adrian Dunbar of 'hold yer aul whisht' fame is on
    00166f16-614.jpg?ratio=1.78

sub-buzz-18008-1493586550-1.png?resize=625:326&h=276&fit=inside&cbg=white

• Registered Users Posts: 33,801 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

taking those in power to task

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

I would've actually considered watching the railway thing despite Inda, until I realised it's yet another pretend-its-in-Irish production. It's bad enough that I have to pay for that shíte, I'm not giong to watch it as well.

Life ain't always empty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    sub-buzz-18008-1493586550-1.png?resize=625:326&h=276&fit=inside&cbg=white

Ah! That's who that is. I didn't include him in the OP as I couldn't place him.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

he's got a fair big snoze on him

• Registered Users Posts: 71,483 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

8a894b4cf8079d7f027ddb9b1b42028b.jpg

a349e4957913cbcb8bc5fe07e40830ba.jpg

Former Taoiseach Enda Kenny joins Tubridy to speak about life after politics and his new series that starts next week on RTÉ, which sees him rediscovering Ireland's railway routes

Expect a lot of long ponderous pauses in that series, affecting depth by looking sternly out the window. Unlike Portillo the prancing peacock, there isn't a single spontaneous bone in his body. Even the dialogue with passers by will be carefully rehearsed. All the charisma of a clogged drain. Turgidy has a job on his hands fending off Kenny's script doctors tonight, don't hold your breath for any natural flow.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Endas show, I saw some people saying the name of the programme is brilliant.

Can someone explain it? I don't get it.

I thought of some names that would have been better!

Iarnroid EirEnda (play on Iarnroid Eireann)
    Endarailing (play on Inter-railing)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Pussyhands wrote: »
    Endas show, I saw some people saying the name of the programme is brilliant.

Can someone explain it? I don't get it.

I thought of some names that would have been better!

Iarnroid EirEnda (play on Iarnroid Eireann)
    Endarailing (play on Inter-railing)

Enda the line, would have gotten my vote!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭trashcan

It wasn't that c word

It was a word starting with C, with a U and an N in the middle, and ending in T.

yep, coconut.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

eamonnq wrote: »

Too similar to Enda the Road - Gavan Reillys book about him

• Registered Users Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭trashcan

eamonnq wrote: »

Enda, Part 1 ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,699 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Former Taoiseach Enda Kenny joins Tubridy to speak about life after politics and his new series that starts next week on RTÉ, which sees him rediscovering Ireland's railway routes

Basically a shít extended Nationwide segment.

Enda is looking rather fetching these days with longer...as the Daily Mail would put it...locks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Two of the guests straight out promoting RTE programmes directly and another (John Spillane) who is rarely out of RTE. As well as Aidan Dunbar, promoting a show that's on RTE.

Anyone see a pattern here?

I assume Tubridy will be more professional with Enda Kenny than another time he was on. It was before he became Taoiseach, terrible bias from Tubridy. He is after all promoting an RTE show.

I won't be watching. It's a poor line up.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,801 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Expect a lot of long ponderous pauses in that series, affecting depth by looking sternly out the window. Unlike Portillo the prancing peacock, there isn't a single spontaneous bone in his body. Even the dialogue with passers by will be carefully rehearsed. All the charisma of a clogged drain. Turgidy has a job on his hands fending off Kenny's script doctors tonight, don't hold your breath for any natural flow.

Yeah yeah yeah. But - as far as we know - Michael Portillo never got his picture taken with Hulk Hogan.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Wishox

KevRossi wrote: »
    Two of the guests straight out promoting RTE programmes directly and another (John Spillane) who is rarely out of RTE. As well as Aidan Dunbar, promoting a show that's on RTE.

Anyone see a pattern here?

I assume Tubridy will be more professional with Enda Kenny than another time he was on. It was before he became Taoiseach, terrible bias from Tubridy. He is after all promoting an RTE show.

I won't be watching. It's a poor line up.

Poor line-up? lmao That’s bigging it up, Still, It is the complete drivel i love to hate, I am actively telling friends and family to watch TLL to see how bad it is and how they should be happy their licence fee is being used:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,073 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

trashcan wrote: »
    It was a word starting with C, with a U and an N in the middle, and ending in T.

yep, coconut.

I was thinking chancer* you all just have durty minds

* No I wasn't we all know what word Morgan is :)

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Wishox

Lets make this Good Friday a really good one, Most positive poster while hating the show will win a super duper prize !

A Signed photo of Tubbs and Kenny, send directly to the bin of your choice

Evening all :)

LET'S PARTY!

?width=615&version=1960963

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Go on the Easter owl

• Advertisement

I like John Spillane, and I'll take you all on.

200.gif

Advertisement