Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game week 30 transfer thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Who to start out of Watkins / Bamford / Dias / Cresswell

Leaning towards Bamford and Cresswell, already have Gundogan starting anyway so Watkins will be first sub, Dias second.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭munster87

I have all 5 of the players you’ve mentioned and currently have the 2 city players on the bench

munster87 wrote: »
    I have all 5 of the players you’ve mentioned and currently have the 2 city players on the bench

My thinking is that if Gundo plays he has potential, if he doesn't then Watkins comes in at least....

On the other hand, I've looked at various transfers, Martinez to Mendy, Cresswell to Azpi, Son to any top premium and I can't see any justified transfer. Will mean burning a free if I wildcard next GW :O but if I've learned one thing in my first year it's if you don't think you need a transfer, then you probably don't need one.

Son back in training btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,601 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    My thinking is that if Gundo plays he has potential, if he doesn't then Watkins comes in at least....

On the other hand, I've looked at various transfers, Martinez to Mendy, Cresswell to Azpi, Son to any top premium and I can't see any justified transfer. Will mean burning a free if I wildcard next GW :O but if I've learned one thing in my first year it's if you don't think you need a transfer, then you probably don't need one.

Gundo does have potential, but also has real 1 point potential. His ceiling has got to be a bit lower with Leicester being 5th best in the league for both goals conceded and expected goals conceded aswell.

I have him benched at the expense of Watkins aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,078 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Jim Gazebo wrote: »

Gundo played 90 minutes in all three of Germany's international games so I'd be of the mindset he'll be benched ahead of the Champions League game midweek.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Will Mitro play?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,185 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Gundo played 90 minutes in all three of Germany's international games so I'd be of the mindset he'll be benched ahead of the Champions League game midweek.

I'm looking at Dunk and Gundogan out

Azpilicueta and Raphinha in for this reason.

All for a -4

Can see Gundog being benched and City assets are unattractive at the moment.

Not sure it's worth the hit though as still a risk he could play. Really want Azpi.

Thanks all, think I'm being blinded by initial points Gundo got me. Might sell him for Jota? As have no Salah at the moment. Probably wildcard next week, as next week my players have horrific fixtures and I want a piece of the Chelsea defence pie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭skippy15

Have a feeling everyone going have some amount points on bench this week,
    I've pope gundog stones wanbis

skippy15 wrote: »
    Have a feeling everyone going have some amount points on bench this week,
    I've pope gundog stones wanbis

McCarthy, Watkins, Dias, Dunk for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Gonna BB this weekend, strong chance there'll be someone dropped but can't see many better chances between now and the end of the season to use it

Martinez FUL (H)
    Meselier SHU (H)

Digne CRY (H)
    Regulion NEW (A)
    Cancelo LEI (A)
    Aina AVL (A)
    Dallas SHU (H)

Bale NEW (A)
    Son NEW (A)
    Bruno BHA (H)
    Lingard WOL (A)
    Gundogan LEI (A)

DCL CRY (H)
    Bamford SHU (H)
    Watkins FUL (H)

4m in the bank, but no idea where I want to spend it. Maybe Gundog to Jota, or Aina to Alonso

• Registered Users Posts: 32,601 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Gonna BB this weekend, strong chance there'll be someone dropped but can't see many better chances between now and the end of the season to use it

Martinez FUL (H)
    Meselier SHU (H)

Digne CRY (H)
    Regulion NEW (A)
    Cancelo LEI (A)
    Aina AVL (A)
    Dallas SHU (H)

Bale NEW (A)
    Son NEW (A)
    Bruno BHA (H)
    Lingard WOL (A)
    Gundogan LEI (A)

DCL CRY (H)
    Bamford SHU (H)
    Watkins FUL (H)

4m in the bank, but no idea where I want to spend it. Maybe Gundog to Jota, or Aina to Alonso

If you’re bench boosting then Gundogan and Bale would be top of the list to move on. I think neither starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,199 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

No Leeds cover this week is scaring me. Can do Pereira to Raphinha or Watkins to Bamford but think the first option might be the best. Or i could just ignore that game altogether and bank :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,562 ✭✭✭patmac

No Leeds cover this week is scaring me. Can do Pereira to Raphinha or Watkins to Bamford but think the first option might be the best. Or i could just ignore that game altogether and bank :o

1st option definitely, Chelsea have only conceded 2 goals in 14 matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭CornettoQueen

Anyone with Bale getting rid? Dont know what to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,076 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Thinking of dropping the two city lads Gundogan and Stones for Jota and Azpilicueta.

They're both in and out lately and can't see that changing with the options City have.

Will I have the balls though haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,199 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

patmac wrote: »
    1st option definitely, Chelsea have only conceded 2 goals in 14 matches.

I'd be benching Pereira if I don't sell him. If I buy Raph, I'd be benching Gundo. Not as straightforward but think Raph will be a good player to have for their run in.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,587 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I went from Bamford only to 3 Leeds on a wildcard in 26. Hadnt intended holding all three this long but hanging on for their fixture v Sheffield tomorrow and starting all 3. After that though they face City, Liverpool, United so will be getting off Raphina for Jota and Dallas for maybe Tierney, Arsenals fixtures turn nicely after this weekend.

Will be interesting next season to see what the Leeds lads are priced at. Right now theyre a bargain considering the points theyve delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Anyone with Bale getting rid? Dont know what to do.

Sticking him on the bench for now, will probably sell him soon though

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Bruno or Alonso for a one week punt.

Both appeal minus 4 seems excessive. WC next week

• Advertisement

Which transfer would be the better one to move on this week? Stones to Azpilicuita or Gundo or Bale to Jota?

Which transfer would be the better one to move on this week? Stones to Azpilicuita or Gundo or Bale to Jota?

Azpi looks like he might rise in price tonight if that matters to you

munster87 wrote: »
    Azpi looks like he might rise in price tonight if that matters to you

I've plenty in the bank but it matters ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,332 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I'm wondering if I should sell Bale. I could see Jose let him sit out on the bench for the rest of the season

I've plenty in the bank but it matters ha.

I was going to bring in Alonso for a one week punt before WC next week (and then get Azpi instead) but could just do Azpi this evening to save the 0.1 instead. Slightly dents the excitement of the Chelsea game this week then!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭bantee

Trossard to Havertz done, too much money in the bank lol, and plus I need a differential besides Mount, could backfire if he doesn't get the minutes though

bantee wrote: »
    Trossard to Havertz done, too much money in the bank lol, and plus I need a differential besides Mount, could backfire if he doesn't get the minutes though

Good chance he starts up front

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Unsure which 3 to start from Dias, Cresswell, Rudiger, Struijk. Think I'll have to bench Struijk.

Unsure which 3 to start from Dias, Cresswell, Rudiger, Struijk. Think I'll have to bench Struijk.

I’d bench Struijk too I think.
    I played Meslier over Martinez last week but it’s hard to have too much faith in a Leeds clean sheet against anyone.
    Think Rudiger has to start for you.
    I have Cresswell and Dias, starting Cresswell, solely due to more chance of attacking points imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,385 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

WC done

Mendy

Rudiger - Cresswell - Shaw

Havertz - Raphina (C) - Bruno - Lingard

Bamford - Kane - Richarlison

Forester - Jota - Stones - Phillips

Advertisement