Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gameweek 29 Matchday Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,380 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

I have only 6 players this GW including Bale as captain. Thank god for Bamford and Trossard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭skippy15

Hope bale stays on bench, I'd have Lingard come on

• Registered Users Posts: 18,202 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

skippy15 wrote: »
    Hope bale stays on bench, I'd have Lingard come on

For some reason I have Tierney 1st sub and Bamford second sub. It won't help me.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Reguillion is already getting forward. Looks promising.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,585 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Lucas seems to be a fairly massive differential for me in this one....haven't a clue where he fits in with Bale and Son not playing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,363 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Spurs defence all over the shop

• Registered Users Posts: 12,380 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

current game week rank 59 !!! out of over 8,000,000ish people (including bps my game week score is 85 at the moment)

- I only have reguilon in the next game and if he doesn't play targett comes in , don't know what happened but this game week everything seemed to come together !! only people not to get returns are Dallas, Auba and Meslier (to be fair he got a save point) - everyone else in my team has scored/assisted.

Delighted !!

Not to rain on your parade but the guy in 1st overall is in one of my leagues. Thank god I'm only playing for fun this year!

Not to rain on your parade but the guy in 1st overall is in one of my leagues. Thank god I'm only playing for fun this year!

He's only in two leagues as well, what a waste!

Spurs defence all over the shop

They started OK then Villa put a small bit of pressure on and they look shaky.
    It is a fairly edgy type of game not very attacking - more huff and puff.

Vinicius (Moura)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Vinicius (Moura)

That's not how you spell Kane...

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Vinicius (Moura)

Kane assisting the assist.

Ffs I remember saying in one of the other threads that I preferred Moura over Bale this week but did I listen to my own advice...of course not.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

FFS! 2 Villa defenders lose CS and it’s not Kane who scores.

Vinicius (Moura)

Barely any have them. Knocking out the Villa clean sheet is more relevant though.

Ffs I remember saying in one of the other threads that I preferred Moura over Bale this week but did I listen to my own advice...of course not.

It's the double thinking that is the worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,585 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Nice one Lucas, hopefully lots moura to come in this game

It's the double thinking that is the worst.

Yeah just wish I'd been braver on free hit. Laca and Moura instead of Auba and Bale but psychologically I think the premiums are always more enticing, especially when money was no object this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭bantee

Serious hindsight talk there, statistically Bale was the much better choice, he still actually could be

bantee wrote: »
    Serious hindsight talk there, statistically Bale was the much better choice, he still actually could be

Moura was their best player against Arsenal while Bale was anonymous. His ceiling is higher for sure but hauling in two easy home games doesn't mean he's the best option for a tough away game.

• Advertisement

Yeah just wish I'd been braver on free hit. Laca and Moura instead of Auba and Bale but psychologically I think the premiums are always more enticing, especially when money was no object this week.
    bantee wrote: »
    Moura was their best player against Arsenal while Bale was anonymous. His ceiling is higher for sure but hauling in two easy home games doesn't mean he's the best option for a tough away game.

Well the longer the game stays tight it is more likely that Bale would get a run out. Would he get 30 mins?

If it goes 2-0 spurs I would say he is more likely to stay on the bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Well the longer the game stays tight it is more likely that Bale would get a run out. Would he get 30 mins?

If it goes 2-0 spurs I would say he is more likely to stay on the bench.

If they ever want him fit he needs to have involvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Newbie20

I’m guilty of bemoaning missing out on a player the odd time myself but in fairness with only 4 games this week, we all considered everyone. Just about every player that scored/ assisted / got a clean sheet was considered this week. But we can’t get them all in!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,638 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Was looking at some of stats on Livefpl, less than 10% of those in top 10k played the FH

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Was looking at some of stats on Livefpl, less than 10% of those in top 10k played the FH

How many of those who had FH available didn't play it would be more interesting to see.

I don't think Regullion will be on freekicks after that last one it was brutal.

--

Kane a whisker away of a typical Kane goal later on..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,638 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Saw that a lad in a work league was 121 in the world at last GW, and for some reason he chose to make 2 transfers which gave him 9 players, instead of playing his FH, Will there by a better opportunity to play the FH I wonder

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭redarmy

Kane wont be scoring :D

Reguilon limping

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭JPup

wonski wrote: »
    How many of those who had FH available didn't play it would be more interesting to see.

I’ve noticed a few who’ve held on. I suppose there’s a bit of hindsight bias now since FHers have done so well but I can’t see a better week for it than this.

Advertisement