Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Raw Superthread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,630 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Kenny omegas acme explosions branching out I see......
    https://twitter.com/btsportwwe/status/1369137182859014144?s=20

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Sheamus I’m 20 years living in Drew’s shadow this is coming from the man who has won everything in the WWE been a face of the WWE and starred in WWE movies and a guaranteed Hall of Famer lol

Drew has had a decent 1 year in his time in the WWE.
    PTH2009 wrote: »
    Logic and wwe storytelling don't go hand and hand

I dunno, to me that's classic completely-divorced-from-reality narcissistic heel

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Kenny omegas acme explosions branching out I see......
    https://twitter.com/btsportwwe/status/1369137182859014144?s=20

The best part of the show last night was a dig at the rival. Digs at the competition remain undefeated!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

When I wake up on Tuesday, I do a read over what happened on Raw. Don't even watch anymore. Maybe a few clips.

Honestly, reading the recap of this show is depressing. The Brawn/Shane stuff reads so badly. Sheamus vs Drew isn't sounding inspiring. "Bliss appears to taunt Randy" seems to have happened the last 10 weeks in a row.

The only thing I see on Raw which looks awesome is Lashley and the Hurt Business. Lashley looks a proper star. I loved his entrance with the golden CGI and lighting. Proper "Final Boss" vibes about him. He oozes cool, as does MVP.

Shame the other 90% of recaps read so viciously bad...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Lord TSC wrote: »
    When I wake up on Tuesday, I do a read over what happened on Raw. Don't even watch anymore. Maybe a few clips.

Honestly, reading the recap of this show is depressing. The Brawn/Shane stuff reads so badly. Sheamus vs Drew isn't sounding inspiring. "Bliss appears to taunt Randy" seems to have happened the last 10 weeks in a row.

The only thing I see on Raw which looks awesome is Lashley and the Hurt Business. Lashley looks a proper star. I loved his entrance with the golden CGI and lighting. Proper "Final Boss" vibes about him. He oozes cool, as does MVP.

Shame the other 90% of recaps read so viciously bad...

Same as above. Shame that lashley has finally been built this much only to hand the title back to Drew at Mania. Would love a bit of unpredictability and for him to get a proper run!

Great to see shano ó mac taking a spot from another wrestler at mania

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

So Raw,

Loved the opening interview with Lashley, his best promo is forever. I felt that he really believed what he was telling us, loads of passion. Where has this Lashley been.

Miz's promo was also very good too (to be fair his main plus is his mouth, always solid on the mic). Still believe he should be nowhere near the main event scene but I'll go with it.

Loved the new entrance for Lashley. Straight away he feels a bigger deal than previous. Its simple changes like this that can make a huge difference. Present him like a star and he will more likely become a star. MVP looks the part with his cane. His theme still sounds very generic though.

Now what should have happened...... Bobby should be steam rolling Miz. Granted Lashley looked strong but it should have been over early and sold too much for my liking. Its a minor gripe.

What I didnt like was the mid match advertising. Who cares about Braun Strowman and McMahon when the title is on the line..... stupid idea. Your title should be the focus beyond all else.

But its been 25 mins into Raw and I havent felt like fast forwarding. Happy that The Miz appears to be in and out in 2 weeks. So far so good.

Drews promo was good and logical. Drews had a tough time, hes carried the company (at least the Raw side) for a year, always enthusiastic, always 100 percent committed no matter what. No problem with Drew and Sheamo continuing. Last weeks match was a bright spot in an otherwise poor episode.

Truths act has been the same for years, but I cant help enjoy his bollox.

Braun looking for an apology makes him look weak. I liked Braun, but he needs to go away and regroup for a while. His character has been misbooked so badly in the last 2 years, he needs a reboot. Ive no interested in seeing Shane wrestle again, let alone with Braun. Both men are jokes at this stage. Their second segemnt in particular just went on too long and did nothing to get me on board with their future match.

Drew vs Sheamo was good, but disliked the finish. Id rather they just kept them apart until Fastlane than do this ending.

Orton v Fiend does very little for me beyond give me a chuckle now and then. Fiend / Bray Wyatt is a character killer. Rollins, Wyatt, Braun.......whoever he feuds with ends up worse for wear at the end of it. Orton was doing ok in 2020, and despite his best efforts (I really think he is not half assing it) its falling flat. Not a fan of the Fiend at all.

Loved the New Days MK inspired attire....are they angling for another game cameo after Gears 5.

Woods v Benji was a typical WWE tv match. It was fine.

Riddle vs Slapjack was fine. Again a paint by numbers TV match.

AJ v Randy was fine. Then we got the Bliss segment and the "black substance" (ya gotta love WWE verbiage). MEH.

WWE piped in crowd noise gets worse by the week. Simulated "Shane-O-Mac" chants.....really?. WWE really misses fans, their already soulless presentation is made worse each week without them. Its such a hollow product in terms of presentation.

A strong enough start to Raw by WWE standards, but the usual problems surface before you know it.

Cotts72 wrote: »
    Same as above. Shame that lashley has finally been built this much only to hand the title back to Drew at Mania. Would love a bit of unpredictability and for him to get a proper run!

Great to see Shano ó mac taking a spot from another wrestler at mania

WWE clearly has a problem making stars, so one of their solutions is to wheel out an over the hill non wrestler for the umpteenth time.

I dont wanna see Shane, but seriously does anyone?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I really hope they don't hand the title back to Drew at Mania. The Hurt Business and Lashley are by far the best thing about Raw in what seems like forever. Lashley finally seems like a star after years of mediocrity. He has always had the look, but the presentation was always wrong.

That being said... Drew VS Lashley for the WWE Championship is relatively fresh at Mania. If (and a big IF) it's booked right you could have two massive stars going forward.

I still maintain that Smackdown is better than Raw presently but that gap is narrowing a little now there seems to be some form of direction. For one I'm much more interested in Lashley VS Drew than I am Edge VS Reigns.

Fastlane should just be scrapped, far too many PPVs anyways and with no fans, what is the point this close to Mania?

The rest I could give or take. They really have no clue how to use Strowman, is he a heel, is he a face? Shane screwing him over is acting the heel but they pipe in boos for Strowman? Bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,725 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Maybe it's always been there and never noticed before, but what was on the left of Lashley's face in that opening interview? Looked like a piece of metal under his skin

Necro wrote: »
    I really hope they don't hand the title back to Drew at Mania. The Hurt Business and Lashley are by far the best thing about Raw in what seems like forever. Lashley finally seems like a star after years of mediocrity. He has always had the look, but the presentation was always wrong.

That being said... Drew VS Lashley for the WWE Championship is relatively fresh at Mania. If (and a big IF) it's booked right you could have two massive stars going forward.

I still maintain that Smackdown is better than Raw presently but that gap is narrowing a little now there seems to be some form of direction. For one I'm much more interested in Lashley VS Drew than I am Edge VS Reigns.

Fastlane should just be scrapped, far too many PPVs anyways and with no fans, what is the point this close to Mania?

The rest I could give or take. They really have no clue how to use Strowman, is he a heel, is he a face? Shane screwing him over is acting the heel but they pipe in boos for Strowman? Bizarre.

Jericho cut a promo on his original WWF debut that the mediocre was deemed acceptable. Man flash forward to today and WWEs product is very mediocre and its been accepted by management for far too long. Shane's angles in the last 3 years have all fallen flat, from his feud with The Miz, to Raw Underground .... yet they still believe he is a draw. Hes stale, his character is stale, hes not a great in ring competitor at his age....why wheel him out? Because he is a McMahon?

I just dont get it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Jericho cut a promo on his original WWF debut that the mediocre was deemed acceptable. Man flash forward to today and WWEs product is very mediocre and its been accepted by management for far too long. Shane's angles in the last 3 years have all fallen flat, from his feud with The Miz, to Raw Underground .... yet they still believe he is a draw. Hes stale, his character is stale, hes not a great in ring competitor at his age....why wheel him out? Because he is a McMahon?

I just dont get it.

I don't really mind the match as such personally as it gives Strowman something to do at least, remember that daft tag title match a few years back they gave him?

Shane will go out, take a few ridiculous bumps for him and most likely lose and that's fine - I'm just not really understanding why they're piping in the boos for Braun when he's being presented more as a face since his return.

I don't mind old timers returning when it's not the main event ala Goldberg but I do agree, Shane has been stale since his match with Taker and that was what - 3? 4? years ago?

Necro wrote: »
    I don't really mind the match as such personally as it gives Strowman something to do at least, remember that daft tag title match a few years back they gave him?

Shane will go out, take a few ridiculous bumps for him and most likely lose and that's fine - I'm just not really understanding why they're piping in the boos for Braun when he's being presented more as a face since his return.

I don't mind old timers returning when it's not the main event ala Goldberg but I do agree, Shane has been stale since his match with Taker and that was what - 3? 4? years ago?

A 51 year old non wrestler should be steamrolled by a 37 monster like Braun..... but it will go 25 mins and Braun will just about over come McMahon. Im sick of it.

And they wonder why they cant make new stars.

This makes no lick of sense.... Braun has been presented like the face, yet they pipe it boo's and Shane chants. Shanes last night was an obvious cowardly heel. No sense I tells ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,082 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Maybe it's always been there and never noticed before, but what was on the left of Lashley's face in that opening interview? Looked like a piece of metal under his skin

Scar tissue. Can't remember getting bust open but it seems recent enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭ThePott

Well it officially happened, for the first time in years.
    I couldn't finish Raw not even just watching it in the background I mean.

Started alright, Lashely's entrance is cool. Sheamus/Drew was ruined by the ending. By the time I got to whatever the F that Braun/Shane segment was I tapped out. Skipped to the end to see if anything noteworthy happened there. It is the absolute pits (replace the p with an sh) right now. Gave the Fiend stuff a chance and it's absolute pants. Don't care where it's leading at this point. There is not a single thing to interest me on Raw right now and considering how long a show it is that is an absolute indictment.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,553 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Dumb Braun is such a average angle and a little confusing as he is basically the face in it while Shane the smaller man is the bully.

Christ WWE just bring back the Fiend and be done with it

Looking like Drew vs Sheamus will end at fastlane with the winner getting a title shot at mania but what about Styles who should be in the title picture ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭kksaints

Did someone in the Raw writing team rewatch Twin Peaks recently? The Fiend stuff atm is reminding me off a knock off version of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,319 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Batattackrat

At this stage vince needs to ring Punk and pay him five times what lesnar was getting.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,725 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Drew obviously never got the memo about the thigh slapping

Is Drew next for Bobby tonight or Fastlane?

• Advertisement

Midnight start tonight

Bad Bunny won a Grammy, will he be on celebrating with his mate Damien

Sheamus's accent gone very dubish

So as well predicted Bobby vs Drew at Mania

A top class segment there leading to a match tonight between Braun and Shane mcmahon

Shane brining that big guy (not the Aj Styles not) from Raw Underground with him ?

Another New Day tag title run yawn

• Registered Users Posts: 60,181 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The Hurt Business not even upset about losing the belts and totter of back to the changing rooms as AJ comes out with Omos to challenge the New Day for the titles at WM.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,181 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Bad Bunny gives the 24/7 title to R Truth so he isn’t pinned for it.

WWE creative on form tonight with two title changes.

Jesus Shane getting booked strong

So is he the heel in this and what did Braun actually do to him to deserve that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,082 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Same every year with Shane.

He'll get booked into a match and the internet will piss and moan, then match will be entertaining where he'll get battered and do a ridiculous spot that everyone thinks is great. Presumably Braun is throwing him off the pirate ship this year.

Advertisement