Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

DHL

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Better off asking DHL

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭OhToBeByTheSea

What happens to the item if one refuses to fees? Will it be sent back?

As far as I know, the place he ordered from have said that they'll give him a full refund but the shipping fee of €26 won't be refunded, which is fair enough I think. He would only have had to pay a fee to return the order if it had already been physically delivered to his address, which hasn't happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭RCSATELLITES

Aside from addresspal, DHL has charged my friend a €14.50 Admin fee to collect vat of €5.26

Even though Revenue states that they don't collect vat unless over €6.00

All these companies had 4 years to get organised. It's a shambles.

Most people will just pay it and wont bother with the hassle, I myself will go to the Ombudsman, small claims court, revenue appeals, tax appeals commission. Otherwise they will just get away with it.

Your parcel can only be delivered to you once you have paid the full amount and administration fees* to DHL. *DHL charges a 2% administration fee for this service, with a minimum of €14.50 (excl. Vat)

Mod-Moved to DHL specific thread.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

They didn't have 4 years, they haven't even had a month thanks the UK and EU playing hardball.

whiterebel wrote: »
    They didn't have 4 years, they haven't even had a month thanks the UK and EU playing hardball.

If I remember right the government told everyone to prepare for worst case. This would happen in best case as all the other non EU countries. So not point in backing them up with fase accusations.

• Advertisement

If I remember right the government told everyone to prepare for worst case. This would happen in best case as all the other non EU countries. So not point in backing them up with fase accusations.

In case you missed it, this isn't worst case. And nobody knew what was happening until just before Christmas, so how could anyone prepare?

In case you missed it, this isn't worst case. And nobody knew what was happening until just before Christmas, so how could anyone prepare?

They were told to prepare for worst case. So they should of been over prepared for the deal they got. As I said the best case would of always involved vat and charges as per all other non EU countries.

They were told to prepare for worst case. So they should of been over prepared for the deal they got. As I said the best case would of always involved vat and charges as per all other non EU countries.

No, what they got was a mess days before it was due to come into force. Its not only online shopping that's affected, the big export traffic by road and air is also up in a heap. When companies like DPD, DHL, Nightline/UPS and Amazon are caught out, its a mess.

No, what they got was a mess days before it was due to come into force. Its not only online shopping that's affected, the big export traffic by road and air is also up in a heap. When companies like DPD, DHL, Nightline/UPS and Amazon are caught out, its a mess.

Yes because they ignored the advise and were under prepared. They were all waiting for the last minute result before spending any money on preparing. Same case as Europe and Ireland with the Corona virus. As sure it's not coming here so why prepare. Enough said.

Yes because they ignored the advise and were under prepared. They were all waiting for the last minute result before spending any money on preparing. Same case as Europe and Ireland with the Corona virus. As sure it's not coming here so why prepare. Enough said.

You can't change around multi billion dollar industries at the flick of a switch. It looked for a long time like there was going to be no deal which would have brought about a whole different set of challenges. Companies with employees in the tens of thousands were supposed to go off and get staff retrained, and then Bojo changes his mind?
    Look at the irrational behaviour of MPs, voting for Brexit and then setting up EU companies and getting EU passports. Thats the kind of bampot you think we should be ready for? Good luck with that.

• Advertisement

You can't change around multi billion dollar industries at the flick of a switch. It looked for a long time like there was going to be no deal which would have brought about a whole different set of challenges. Companies with employees in the tens of thousands were supposed to go off and get staff retrained, and then Bojo changes his mind?
    Look at the irrational behaviour of MPs, voting for Brexit and then setting up EU companies and getting EU passports. Thats the kind of bampot you think we should be ready for? Good luck with that.

I refer back to my comment they could of been prepared and know how to add vat to an invoice price and so on.
    A no deal scenario would still of been vat added to price paid once arrives into Ireland. And customs charges as per usual, e.g. USA China and so on.

Currys.ie are charging people vat and customs because they have there stock coming from the UK.

That's stupidity, sounds like they are dealing with something that never happened before.

I never said they could be full prepared but surely to add vat to something is primary school maths.

You obviously know better than these captains of industry, so I'll leave it.

You obviously know better than these captains of industry, so I'll leave it.

Thanks, I will head to work now. Captains of industry making all the mistakes, it would seem I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭bennyineire

jarvis wrote: »
    Don’t know where to put this but looking for advice.

Santa got my daughter an iPhone X and we had an issue with it. It’s under warranty from the website we bought it (was refurbished previously) they sent us a Dhl return label that we take to the post office and it’ll be delivered by DHL back to the supplier who is in Germany.
    I returned it in local post office on January 08th. It’s now 12 full days and tracking still says ‘received at post office’.

I understand they’re under pressure at the moment but I used live chat and a few days later I called. Both times they said it will be in the Dublin depot but just has got been scanned yet. It’ll eventually be scanned and start to move.
    She then said the post offices are cleared out every night and when they stuff arrives at the depot it’s piled on to the existing stuff. So my item must be near the bottom and each night more stuff piles onto it because they’re not clearing the depot each night!!!

They can’t tell me even an estimate as to when it’ll be scanned but I can fill out an online enquiry which because it’s international can take 60 days to be investigated.

I’m lost as to what to do. I’ve tweeted them private messages. 6 now and no reply.

What’s my options here? My daughter keeps asking when Santa will bring back her iPhone.

I'm in the same boat, DHL Germany telling me a package was delivered to Ireland on the 6th of January. Still nothing on the An Post tracking site, An Post are a joke IMHO

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Dublinandy3

Hi all,

I ordered from the apple website, a Mac mini so 786 euro. I did my research first and it said I wouldn't have to pay vat or customs as I ordered from the Irish site. Delivery was due for today. Now on the tracking it says:

Further customs processing required

A DHL representative shall attempt to contact importer or shipper if any further information is required to complete the entry. Customer should contact DHL Customer Service if not reached by DHL

I can't contact them until my wife goes to work as it's her b-day present, does this mean I'll have to pay vat and or customs charges? The apple website clearly said the price includes vat.

Sorry all, I spoke to soon. Just went back on the dhl site to see how to contact them if it could be live chat and it now says customs processing complete. I was going to delete my post but it might be useful to someone else with the same question

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭carveone

I'm in the same boat, DHL Germany telling me a package was delivered to Ireland on the 6th of January. Still nothing on the An Post tracking site, An Post are a joke IMHO

As a matter of interest did your package eventually come through? DHL Germany was telling me everything was fine until they suddenly decided to deliver it to somewhere bizarre in Germany instead of forwarding it to AnPost.

After they discovered that Ireland is not in Germany, they then left it in a warehouse somewhere. They actually told me this when I rang them: "Yes, it's in a warehouse. Nothing we can do about it. Have a nice day". Super.

Maybe DHL is getting a little better, for parcels from the UK at least, sorry to see the Germany issues. I ordered yesterday, they said they shipped it around 4/5pm yesterday from the UK, it arrived noon today. Can't grumble at next day delivery with the customs issues too.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭galwayhooker

Anybody getting this DHL text - got it before but am assuming it’s a scam as this lady’s name and address was used before

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭JMSE

Evening all. I'm expecting a package from Germany, via DHL which is the service the sender in Munich used on Thurs.
    This morning (Sunday), I got a text from INFOTPTEXT with details of an express delivery today. There was an obscure looking link....
    I clicked on the link as I rarely get parcels so was curious, but it led me to a DPD (yes DPD) site which was telling me the parcel was 'stopped at depot' due to 'unpaid postage'

Odd for a few reasons
    1. Why would DHL use DPD??
    2. Sunday deliveries in Feb? Nothing arrived BTW.
    3. My delivery charge is paid

Thought I'd share, not too worried yet, maybe the driver just loaded up today. Still, I think its pointless to send useless info which would prompt people to start sending enquiry emails and rining customer care lines. Or was this a coincidental scam text?

• Advertisement

Its a scam

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭JMSE

Its a scam

Just to close, it was a scam alright because in the end the parcel was delivered by An Post no issues (left Munich Thursday, arrived Tues).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭babybuilder

Hi
    I ordered shoes from a company in UK who are not registered for VAT in Ireland and I paid the Irish VAT and import duty/handling to DHL (total €41) before receipt of said shoes. Anyway shoes were incorrect size so sent back via an post to UK for a refund which I duly received. I checked with revenue.ie in how to get a VAT refund. I have email copies of original invoice, proof of refund by vendor, copy of VAT and duty payments etc. Revenue.ie say I have to contact DHL who collected the VAT. I got in touch with DHL and they were not really helpful and say a processing charge of €50 may apply to any application for a refund. Also they mention that I need "Proof of your return in form of AWB/Export SAD". I just posted the shoes back via An post. Very confusing as I haven't got any clue on how to proceed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

In fairness, DHL aren't just going to start giving back refunds without proof, otherwise everyone would start claiming them. Did you send it tracked with An Post? Any return should be tracked, and have a receipt. If you don't have one I can't see them refunding it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭babybuilder

In fairness, DHL aren't just going to start giving back refunds without proof, otherwise everyone would start claiming them. Did you send it tracked with An Post? Any return should be tracked, and have a receipt. If you don't have one I can't see them refunding it.

Have certificate of postage. Have proof of refund from company. I've followed the revenue guidance in terms of paper work. DHL seem to be adding obstacles. It's not their money.

Have certificate of postage. Have proof of refund from company. I've followed the revenue guidance in terms of paper work. DHL seem to be adding obstacles. It's not their money.

Correct, it's not theirs, it's Revenues, and now that have to go back and reclaim it. Hence the extra charges they quote for the extra work involved. All you can do is tell them that is what An Post gave you, and that you have confirmation from the seller that it has been returned.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭The lips

I bought several clothing items from the UK and paid the customs/VAT bill to DHL.

I returned some of the items to the original UK seller and got a refunded.

Has anyone successfully recieved a refund of customs/VAT paid?

DHL told me they do not deal with it, I have opened an enquiry on ROS.ie as specified on here

http://www.revenue.ie/en/importing-vehicles-duty-free-allowances/buying-of-goods-online-for-personal-use/how-to-claim-a-refund-of-customs-duty-and-value-added-tax-vat.aspx

, two weeks later and still no response from them.

Go back a couple of posts

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭VG31

I missed a call earlier from a Dublin number that seems to be DHL from looking on Google. I called back but it didn't work. I'm expecting a package from the UK.

Has anyone got a call like this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Hi all,
    I have a DHL return label from an online shopper based in Netherlands. However, I can't for the life of me figure out how I can get DHL to collect the parcel. I have the page printed off and on the package ready to go, but how do I arrange DHL to collect or get it sent off?

Thanks

Advertisement