Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tina Satchwell *Mod note in op*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Recliner

tara73 wrote: »
    I think it doesn't matter, generally spoken, who it is. behind every missing person are almost always parents, sisters, brothers, wifes/ husbands, partners and so on alive who are suffering a nightmare every day with not knowing what happened to their beloved one. I can't really imagine what those people must go through every day.

I just meant that as this is the Tina Satchwell thread, I hope it is her.

Obviously as long as the person is identified and some family gets closure, that's what matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

No, I think she was last seen at the car boot sale. The day before.

Richard said she was telling people at it about how much she loved him. Very strange..imagine doing that... Unless she was really odd or intellectually challenged..I found it hard to swallow.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

Jumping on thread but did anyone read that a large item of jewellery had been found with the remains and then elsewhere it was said to be a crucifix?
    I just noticed in some of the photos of Tina she has a very large crucifix on.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Interesting how he’s so quiet this time..... when they were doing a search of Castlemartyr that time, his face was all over the papers.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,208 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Jumping on thread but did anyone read that a large item of jewellery had been found with the remains and then elsewhere it was said to be a crucifix?

I read that it was religious jewelry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Here’s another one of his lovely interviews where he said Tina used to beat him up.

https://extra.ie/2018/03/14/news/irish-news/tina-satchwells-husband-spent-time-behind-bars-admits-violent-marraige

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Don't ever recall seeing a photo of her wearing a large crucifix.

Have seen pleanty of her wearing loud coloured chunky bead necklaces.

@buttercups88: Can you link to a photo of her wearing a very large crucifix?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 30,208 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Don't ever recall seeing a photo of her wearing a large crucifix.

Have seen pleanty of her wearing loud coloured chunky bead necklaces.

@buttercups88: Can you link to a photo of her wearing a very large crucifix?

It's a terrible photo but it looks like one.
    2190095_1_articlelarge_tina4_1_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

It's a terrible photo but it looks like one.
    2190095_1_articlelarge_tina4_1_.jpg

Cheers freshpopcorn, I had not seen that photo before. Interesting.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭TheQuietBeatle

Chains like that are fairly common though in Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Don't think Richard ever said, all he remembers is she came downstairs, he made her some tea and toast and then he went to Dungarvan for some fish at Tina's request and when he got back Tina was missing.

Did a search and it seems that there was no info on what she was wearing on the day she disappeared as explained by her husband
    He said he doesn’t know what Tina was wearing when she left the house last March because she had so many clothes and she was in a bathrobe when he said goodbye to her before he went shopping in nearby Dungarvan, Co Waterford.

That obviously explains why the gardai weren't able to include any detail on what Tina was wearing on the garda missing person notice on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Larsso30

The poor families of those missing people.
    Crathers.

As an aside. There are a lot of missing Chinese people in there.

That is frightening. Fair few there can be deduced to going into the water from where their car was found (speculation on my part I know)

The amount of non nationals though, jesus there is a lot missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,215 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Larsso30 wrote: »
    That is frightening. Fair few there can be deduced to going into the water from where their car was found (speculation on my part I know)

The amount of non nationals though, jesus there is a lot missing.

Are they missing or moved jurisdictions?

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

You'd think Tina Satchwell was a saint and that all the posters here knew her personally.

But the fact is no-one knew her. No-one here, no-one in Youghal, no-one anywhere.

She was a loner and introverted.

He was less so, but still very private.

Her "family" came out talking about her, but rarely saw her. She rarely visited them, they very rarely visited her. But yet here on boards, everyone seem to be best mates with her.

You'd be VERY surprised at how different people are away from the public life / social media. In an area I give some help to, you'd be even more surprised at how controlling some women can be and in many cases that exude a pleasantness in public, but are utterly evil behind closed doors. The same with men.

Too much of commentary on this is based on tabloid type thinking or TV soap opera storylines (Eastenders and Coronations street are NOT real!) coupled with bits of CSI (also not real) and sprinkled with a large dose of poppycock.

I'd agree with one poster - either he's the most cunning perpetrator of all (no he's not, he's a fairly simple guy that some people just don't like) or its a personal tragedy.

Why hasn't anyone gone down the route of a planned suicide to punish him as much as possible. - Not nearly as far fetched as some of the theories here especially if she was menopausal.

If anyone here worked in the mental health area, even as a volunteer, you may have a different view of things and how women can be particularly badly affected especially by Bipolar disorder and if they don't get help and medication, it can fester badly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

"The fact is no-one knew her"
    Really..how do you know that?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

"The fact is no-one knew her"
    Really..how do you know that?!

Speak to anyone from Youghal or Fermoy, most people didn't seem to know her.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

silver2020 wrote: »
    Why hasn't anyone gone down the route of a planned suicide to punish him as much as possible. - Not nearly as far fetched as some of the theories here especially if she was menopausal.
    Usually with suicide you have a body, if I'm not mistaken!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

JeffKenna wrote: »

Most? Ok.. that's not all

You'd think Tina Satchwell was a saint and that all the posters here knew her personally.

But the fact is no-one knew her. No-one here, no-one in Youghal, no-one anywhere.

She was a loner and introverted.

Her "family" came out talking about her, but rarely saw her. She rarely visited them, they very rarely visited her. But yet here on boards, everyone seem to be best mates with her.

You'd be VERY surprised at how different people are away from the public life / social media. In an area I give some help to, you'd be even more surprised at how controlling some women can be and in many cases that exude a pleasantness in public, but are utterly evil behind closed doors. The same with men.

Too much of commentary on this is based on tabloid type thinking or TV soap opera storylines (Eastenders and Coronations street are NOT real!) coupled with bits of CSI (also not real) and sprinkled with a large dose of poppycock.

I'd agree with one poster - either he's the most cunning perpetrator of all (no he's not, he's a fairly simple guy that some people just don't like) or its a personal tragedy.

If anyone here worked in the mental health area, even as a volunteer, you may have a different view of things and how women can be particularly badly affected especially by Bipolar disorder and if they don't get help and medication, it can fester badly.

While not dismissing your points, the sighting of male and female going into Woods and only one coming out coupled with missing money and historically and statistically it's usually the partner lend credence to the theory she was taken /killed.

That said no one really knows as you say, I just don't think you can dismiss anything in this case, it seems to have more layers than other missing peoples cases. Get the impression the Garda have a very open mind on it too

Are they missing or moved jurisdictions?

Do wonder that myself, seems so many just makes more sense they left the country

• Advertisement

Larsso30 wrote: »
    While not dismissing your points, the sighting of male and female going into Woods and only one coming out coupled with missing money and historically and statistically it's usually the partner lend credence to the theory she was taken /killed.

That said no one really knows as you say, I just don't think you can dismiss anything in this case, it seems to have more layers than other missing peoples cases. Get the impression the Garda have a very open mind on it too

Sighted by who?

Remember many people "see" things and then can't give actual details.

The Toscan Du Plantier case is a classic example

But exactly, nothing can be dismissed, hence giving a different angle which many will probably attack me for because it doesn't match their views.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭julyjane

Ann22 wrote: »
    Richard said she was telling people at it about how much she loved him. Very strange..imagine doing that... Unless she was really odd or intellectually challenged..I found it hard to swallow.

Or if she was trauma bonded. I got out of an abusive relationship many years ago and afterwards wondered why I had tried so hard when no matter how hard I tried my ex still treated me badly. Then I read about something called trauma bonding that happens to victims of abuse and saw exactly why.

I'm not saying that RS was an abusive husband, but in general if a victim behaves over lovingly towards an abuser it's because they're trauma bonded. He could have been a lovely husband and she could have been an abuser for all any of us know, nobody knows what goes on behind closed doors.

Sighted by who?

But exactly, nothing can be dismissed, hence giving a different angle which many will probably attack me for because it doesn't match their views.

I am not saying the sighting is correct, just that there was one. Like with all missing people cases, all sightings have to be considered as possible leads. Unless can be proven it wasn't her they have to keep it as possible.

You'd think Tina Satchwell was a saint and that all the posters here knew her personally.But the fact is no-one knew her. No-one here, no-one in Youghal, no-one anywhere.She was a loner and introverted.
    You'd be VERY surprised at how different people are away from the public life / social media. In an area I give some help to, you'd be even more surprised at how controlling some women can be and in many cases that exude a pleasantness in public, but are utterly evil behind closed doors. The same with men. Too much of commentary on this is based on tabloid type thinking or TV soap opera storylines (Eastenders and Coronations street are NOT real!) coupled with bits of CSI (also not real) and sprinkled with a large dose of poppycock.
    Why hasn't anyone gone down the route of a planned suicide to punish him as much as possible. - Not nearly as far fetched as some of the theories here especially if she was menopausal. If anyone here worked in the mental health area, even as a volunteer, you may have a different view of things and how women can be particularly badly affected especially by Bipolar disorder and if they don't get help and medication, it can fester badly.

Thats a very odd comment. Where have "all" the posters claimed anyone was a 'saint' on this thread or are 'best mates" with ?

Tbh much of what you say above seems to have been gleamed from tabloids type reporting / speculation and or projection.

The only thing we do know is what has reported by the gardai and direct interviews.

Most of this thread is based on the recent discovery of remains. So yeah I reckon wild speculation on medical conditions festering or otherwise really doesn't help tbh.

gozunda wrote: »
    Thats a very odd comment. Where have "all" the posters claimed anyone was a 'saint' on this thread or are 'best mates" with ?

Tbh much of what you say above seems to have been gleamed from tabloids type reporting / speculation and or projection.

The only thing we do know is what has reported by the gardai and direct interviews.

Most of this thread is based on the recent discovery of remains. So yeah I reckon wild speculation on medical conditions festering or otherwise really doesn't help tbh.

read the previous thread and you'll see that certain posters have painted a very rosy picture of her as if they knew her.

No-one knew her. Not her family, not neighbours. No-one.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

read the previous thread and you'll see that certain posters have painted a very rosy picture of her as if they knew her.

No-one knew her. Not her family, not neighbours. No-one.

Did you? You seem very knowledgeable about a woman no one knew.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Really sounds like you're hoping to get a reaction from people to be honest.

Sighted by who?

Definitely have to consider all possibilities with this case. At least a body has been found now so hopefully they’ll be able to work out the cause of death.

JeffKenna wrote: »

If I'm not mistaken the couple had only moved to Youghal the year previously and were in the process of doing up the house they bought. . So not that unusual for people in youghal to not have got to know Tina especially if they didn't have family there. Though I do seem to remember interviews with locals who certainly remember her and saw her out regularly walking with her dogs etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,287 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Ann22 wrote: »

Why? - Maybe she just loved him and wanted to express that?

They seemed to have been an extremely private couple with very little involvement with ppl outside their relationship

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement