Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Due August 2021

• 15-12-2020 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭

First scan yesterday and measuring 6+6 which would give us a due date of August 3rd.

I'm still on maternity leave with my first baby! A shock would be an understatement..we are still kind of coming to terms with this. Worried about so many things like how my employer will take it, if my little baby will feel like she isn't getting enough attention or has to grow up too quickly. Everyone says a sibling close in age is a great gift for her, but I just feel bad that she will have to share us so young.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Antares, it doesn't matter what age your baby is, you will feel that way no matter what when the new baby is due.
    In some ways it is better because they will never know any different and in general the positives outweigh the negatives.
    It is a lot of work for mammy and daddy, but that will pass too!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭uptheduffagain

Hi! #2 on the way here too.

My dates were giving me late July but had a private scan yesterday that put me at 6+5, which makes sense because I'm almost certain I ovulated late. Was such a relief to see heartbeat. Now have a due date of early August.

Very nauseous and fatigued all day, not easy with a toddler but sure it's all part of it. Delighted and excited and wondering how I'm going to keep it a secret from family over Christmas... the absence of a wine glass in my hand will definitely be noted! :D

Antares, that must be really tough but you'll get through it. Our friends had a similar age gap and they thought of it as getting the crap/sleepless nights era out of the way in one go! And their two are great pals now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Hi! #2 on the way here too.

My dates were giving me late July but had a private scan yesterday that put me at 6+5, which makes sense because I'm almost certain I ovulated late. Was such a relief to see heartbeat. Now have a due date of early August.

Very nauseous and fatigued all day, not easy with a toddler but sure it's all part of it. Delighted and excited and wondering how I'm going to keep it a secret from family over Christmas... the absence of a wine glass in my hand will definitely be noted! :D

Antares, that must be really tough but you'll get through it. Our friends had a similar age gap and they thought of it as getting the crap/sleepless nights era out of the way in one go! And their two are great pals now.

Congratulations :) It's so exciting isn't it. I love hearing the heartbeat for the first time. I hear you re the wine. All this year I kept saying "at least this Christmas I can drink" - looks like I put the mockers on it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

I've not been on boards for ages and ages but here I am again.... knocked up again.... baby number 3 due 25th August! Loved boards for my previous babies so hoping to get back into it again.

Congrats all!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭AlwaysDoe

Catrionanic I'm laughing reading your post because it's baby number three that's brought me back to boards too!!

Due August 23rd, my older two will be four and a half and 20 months old at that stage.

Congrats everyone, exciting times ahead!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Congratulations Antares! I’m due August 27th with my first - hope you don’t mind me asking but how far gone were you when you got your first scan? And did you get it done privately? I’m completely new to this and it’s hard to get info on it anywhere 🀔 I have been to my doctor but I’m not sure what I should be doing next 🙈

• Registered Users Posts: 34 weirdcatlady

Due my first 12th of August and booked in for my first scan the 27th of this month!

Congratulations Antares! I’m due August 27th with my first - hope you don’t mind me asking but how far gone were you when you got your first scan? And did you get it done privately? I’m completely new to this and it’s hard to get info on it anywhere 🀔 I have been to my doctor but I’m not sure what I should be doing next 🙈
    Congratulations Lily Rose! I got my first scan privately a few weeks ago. I was 8 weeks according to my dates, but they said I was measuring 6+6. I was a little worried because I knew our "accident" date and so the baby seemed a bit behind but she said since my last pregnancy was only a short while ago, my cycle probably hadn't regularised yet and ovulation was way late.

We went to the ultrasound clinic on Grafton st. I always find them really professional and they have very strict covid regulations in place to keep us all safe :) Their early scan can be done from as early as 6 weeks I believe.

It's entirely up to yourself, some maternity hospitals will do a scan at the booking appointment (12-14 weeks) but some won't. It can be nice to have an earlier scan and just have that peace of mind that there's a heartbeat, the pregnancy is in the right place (not ectopic) and that there's just one! :D

Have you registered with a maternity hospital yet?

Due my first 12th of August and booked in for my first scan the 27th of this month!

Congratulations :)

Antares35 wrote: »

Thanks exciting times ahead! Congrats to you too, you will have your hands full but so nice to have them so close in age!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 RubyJessie123

Does anyone know in light of what’s going on if partners will be allowed into the first scan?

I have been told to attend alone for my 12 week, not sure if it will change for the 20 week scan. I hope so, i feel sad my partner cant share the experience.
    I seen the Rotunda changed their policy today that partners cant attend the 20 week scan because of the rise in cases.

Congrats everyone!

I'm hoping by the time that the 20 week scan is due (around mid/late March for me), the numbers will have dropped significantly again and partners will be allowed in. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭xalot

Hi All,

Am cautiously joining after following you all for a week now! I had a private scan with my husband today and heartbeat looks strong (measuring 6+6 so due 31st August).

It will also be my third baby, but 4th pregnancy - I had a missed miscarriage in October which resulted in a D&C at 8 weeks - so I'm a lot more nervous this time around.

Am seeing my consultant in the Coombe next Monday so hopefully it's plain sailing from now on for all of us!

xalot wrote: »
    Hi All,

Am cautiously joining after following you all for a week now! I had a private scan with my husband today and heartbeat looks strong (measuring 6+6 so due 31st August).

It will also be my third baby, but 4th pregnancy - I had a missed miscarriage in October which resulted in a D&C at 8 weeks - so I'm a lot more nervous this time around.

Am seeing my consultant in the Coombe next Monday so hopefully it's plain sailing from now on for all of us!

How is everyone getting on? Hope you're all doing well.

Had my first hospital appointment yesterday, thankfully all good and baby's growing well. Such a relief to have reached this milestone and be able to finally tell people! Due date still early August.

Still suffering with fatigue and nausea here. Weeks 8-9 were especially bad, in hindsight I probably should have gone to the doc for something for the nausea, although I can feel it getting slightly better over the last few days so fingers crossed I'm coming out the other side of it now. Looking forward to the famous second trimester burst of energy!

I'm 8 weeks today and nausea is at an all time high. Am looking to book my NIPT test as my consultant advised there are long waits at the moment.

Had the harmony done last time but thinking Panorama this time as it can be done earlier, am just nervous as I'll be 40 when the baba arrives.

Is anyone else getting it done and if so were you waiting long?

Had my booking appointment today, and everything went well. Due date is August 1st :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Lilalu

Just seeing last posts, that some of you had already booking appointments. I am 12+2 today and my first visit would be only on 17th February (Coombe satellite clinic in Citywest)..... had my Panorama nipt done yesterday in Evie (Beacon,), they said that they are busy as never...

Hi August mamas, how are you all doing?

I'm 15 weeks now and finally getting over the exhaustion and nausea, thank Christ! Although I've picked up a terrible headcold/sore throat that I was worried was Covid... we all had to have tests there the other day but they thankfully came back negative so reckon it's just a bad dose, made worse by the fact that I can't take any decongestant etc... arrgh!

Does anyone know if Holles Street is still letting partners in for the anomaly scan? Their website was last updated on Dec 9th and says they are, but that was before this Level 5 ****e and it's very strange that the Rotunda/Coombe have stopped and Holles Street are continuing to let them in.

Lilalu, I'd hoped that the pandemic would mean that less people would be having babies and that'd mean less waiting times - but my first booking appt last month was just as busy! No baby bust in Ireland, it seems :D

• Advertisement

Hi August mamas, how are you all doing?

I'm 15 weeks now and finally getting over the exhaustion and nausea, thank Christ! Although I've picked up a terrible headcold/sore throat that I was worried was Covid... we all had to have tests there the other day but they thankfully came back negative so reckon it's just a bad dose, made worse by the fact that I can't take any decongestant etc... arrgh!

Does anyone know if Holles Street is still letting partners in for the anomaly scan? Their website was last updated on Dec 9th and says they are, but that was before this Level 5 ****e and it's very strange that the Rotunda/Coombe have stopped and Holles Street are continuing to let them in.

Lilalu, I'd hoped that the pandemic would mean that less people would be having babies and that'd mean less waiting times - but my first booking appt last month was just as busy! No baby bust in Ireland, it seems :D

Love your username! :D I'm 15 weeks too, 16 on Sunday. Still haven't told anyone except OH (and all of Boards haha). I know I should tell my boss but I keep putting it off, only just back from mat leave!

I got a letter from NMH for the anomaly scan and it said to go alone, but that letter was issued back in mid Jan so not sure if it's up to date. Usually if you email the outpatients clinic they are quick to respond. :)

Antares35 wrote: »
    Love your username! :D I'm 15 weeks too, 16 on Sunday. Still haven't told anyone except OH (and all of Boards haha). I know I should tell my boss but I keep putting it off, only just back from mat leave!

I got a letter from NMH for the anomaly scan and it said to go alone, but that letter was issued back in mid Jan so not sure if it's up to date. Usually if you email the outpatients clinic they are quick to respond. :)

I must get onto them and ask, so. Hopefully they are. I got the same letter but then the website says otherwise.

Not planning on telling my boss until after the 20 week mark, at least!

This thread is fierce quiet these days :)

Hope everyone is doing well. My bump has well and truly popped, nearly 19 weeks now so no hiding it! I'm feeling mostly grand, bump feels quite heavy some days which I don't remember on my first, but feeling loads of movement which is lovely. I'm a bit concerned with the weight gain so far. I've put on just over a stone which seems a bit much for this early in the pregnancy, from everything I've read... eek. The carbfest and crisps that I indulged in during the first trimester is coming back to haunt me! I put on 2.5 stone with #1, so trying to make a good effort not to reach for crap mindlessly now.

Otherwise I'm looking forward to my big scan in a couple of weeks, getting that done and finding out the sex. Is everyone else planning to find out? I'm too much of a control freak not to know :D

I've already found out sex as I had a panorama test a few weeks ago. Having my 3rd boy. Delighted that he's healthy but a little sad that I'll never get to experience having a daughter, this is definitely our last baby.

My all day nausea has finally eased and have a bit more energy, even went for a light jog today. Wasn't pretty but glad I'm feeling up to it. Really trying to keep my weight in check this time, at 15 week's I'm only 2kg up so I'm happy with that. It's so hard not to just eat sugar in the evenings when I would usually have had a glass of wine.

Has everyone told their work yet? I'm remote working so haven't said anything yet, really should just bite the bullet and get it out there, dont know why I'm so nervous....

That's great to hear Xalot :) I've the big scan coming up next week. Haven't told anyone yet except obviously OH and a few close friends. Haven't told work and I keep waking up saying to myself Ill tell them today but I just feel so bad. I know they will be very nice about it but that makes me feel worse :D

I'm convinced we have another girl on the way, just have a feeling but who knows! Definitely find out next week. Although I'd love the surprise of finding out just when he or she arrives, but I don't have the patience!

I feel like I can't relax and enjoy the pregnancy until I get telling my boss out of the way.

Also worried about weight gain as I didn't lose baby weight from my first! And definitely feeling heavier and weighed down more this time. I'm 19 weeks but feel the same way I felt at about 30 weeks on my first. Definitely if we weren't WFH work would have guessed by now!

I feel like I'm having another boy too, I'll be very surprised if it's a girl! I know what you mean xalot, I would love to experience being a mother to a daughter as this will most likely be our last child, too - so maybe my subconscious is protecting me from that sadness by convincing me I'm having a boy! Either way, will just be relieved to have another healthy baba so I'm not thinking too much about it.

Had to tell work last week because there's stuff going on in the company that was worrying me - they were fine about it. I only took 7 months with my first, so I'm looking to take a bit longer with this one. I'm self-employed to a degree so it will all be at my own expense, and I'm a bit worried about taking longer and then trying to get my foot back in the door post-covid... but trying to remind myself of the important things in life. Looking back now I feel like I went back to work too soon after my son was born, but it couldn't be helped at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

xalot wrote: »
    I've already found out sex as I had a panorama test a few weeks ago. Having my 3rd boy. Delighted that he's healthy but a little sad that I'll never get to experience having a daughter, this is definitely our last baby.

My all day nausea has finally eased and have a bit more energy, even went for a light jog today. Wasn't pretty but glad I'm feeling up to it. Really trying to keep my weight in check this time, at 15 week's I'm only 2kg up so I'm happy with that. It's so hard not to just eat sugar in the evenings when I would usually have had a glass of wine.

Has everyone told their work yet? I'm remote working so haven't said anything yet, really should just bite the bullet and get it out there, dont know why I'm so nervous....

I think it is very normal to feel this way, although it is a bit taboo so people feel they can't say it. I'm expecting our third. We don't know the sex, but it is our last baby and we have two little boys already. I would love a little girl - have always wanted to be a girl mom - so I'm actually not going to find out the sex because I'm worried ill be disappointed.

I am 16 weeks now and feeling surprisingly okay, minus some pelvic girdle pain issues. I had the covid vaccine yesterday (healthcare worker) so am very much a bit worse for wear today. I cant imagine pregnancy makes the side effects any easier!

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Kerry25x

I had the covid vaccine yesterday (healthcare worker) so am very much a bit worse for wear today. I cant imagine pregnancy makes the side effects any easier!

Happy to hear of other pregnant ladies having the vaccine. I had no side effects but can imagine they'd be much worse stacked on top of pregnancy symptoms!

Has anyone got their dates for their 20-week scan yet? I'm 19 weeks now and haven't heard anything!

• Advertisement

Has anyone got their dates for their 20-week scan yet? I'm 19 weeks now and haven't heard anything!

I'd get in touch with your hospital to check, if that's the case? I have mine next week and have had the date for it pretty much since my 12 week booking appointment.

Advertisement