Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GW13 transfer thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Ox, Origi, Keita and Minamino should all be getting game time over xmas.

Where is Shaqiri? Seems to be the forgotten man?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Ox, Origi, Keita and Minamino should all be getting game time over xmas.

Keita not on the bench, ox just back from 3 months out and the other two are dreadful.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Lemlin wrote: »
    Where is Shaqiri? Seems to be the forgotten man?

He's got a muscle injury and no return date as yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

So who is the best Jota replacement?

Is bringing in Bowen trying to be too smart? Just get Soucek and the 1.4m?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Green&Red wrote: »
    So who is the best Jota replacement?

Is bringing in Bowen trying to be too smart? Just get Soucek and the 1.4m?

I think if you want him mostly as a safety net on the bench Soucek is brilliant. If you need someone actively on your team though, personally I'd go with Bowen. I think he's just about worth the extra few quid unless you're in need of it elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,355 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I need a replacement for Kilman. Southampton have tough fixtures coming up so not sure who to get

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

Jota and Mitchell for mahrez and bednarak

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Just took a -4.

Chilwell out for Dier to free up the 0.9 I needed to do Jota to KDB.

Leaves me with

McCarthy
    Coufal, Justin, Dallas (KWP, Dier)
    Fernandes, Son, KDB, Salah (Anguissa)
    DCL, Adams, Wilson

Last few transfers haven’t gone well. Ziyech and Jota both brought in recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Can't decide between getting in Son or Kane - Kane on pens is a big positive but I feel Son is probably more explosive and more potential for assists if Kane isn't the one involved.

Leaning towards Son right now as he's cheaper but have the cash for Kane.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Salah Out.
    Bruno In

So far the rotation of the big hitters for captaincy has been working.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Over the next 6 weeks who would you pick.
    Salah and Bamford
    Son and Vardy or werner?

I'm leaning towards Salah and Bamford

Salah Out.
    Bruno In

So far the rotation of the big hitters for captaincy has been working.

I wonder could Bruno be rested. He look wrecked against City

• Registered Users Posts: 11,199 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

For anyone thinking about Lamptey, Potter had this to say.
    "It's a shame we haven't got Tariq Lamptey, but that is purely precautionary. We have a lot of games coming up so we have to be careful with the players."

Imagine he should be fine to play midweek.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Most likely bank to bring in Kane/Bowen for Vardy/Grealish the next game week ...

Possible -4 for Vestagaard too

Going to pass on KDB this week and leave in Bruno

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Islander13

The Stockport Iniesta is almost certain to start next week in a nice fixture. Would captain him over KDB given the rotation risks

Pretty boring transfer this week.

Jumping off the Johnstone 'bandwagon' and jumping on the Martinez bandwagon.

Martinez better chance of more points/clean sheets in next couple gamweek's.

Seems a no brainer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭skippy15

Was all for son to Bruno but might now go for Jota/ kilman out and go for Trent and soucek in, go 433 soucek first sub, robbo looks better but think Trent will kick on shortly

• Registered Users Posts: 19,660 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

skippy15 wrote: »
    Was all for son to Bruno but might now go for Jota/ kilman out and go for Trent and soucek in, go 433 soucek first sub, robbo looks better but think Trent will kick on shortly

With Matip going off injured, I think brining in any pool defender is risky, but spending 7.2m is madness, he didn't even play full 90 mins today. They have kept 3 cleans sheets all season. Is he going to kick on any more than other cheaper premium defenders?

skippy15 wrote: »

Bringing in TAA is madness

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭skippy15

siblers wrote: »
    Bringing in TAA is madness

Thin line between genius and madness :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,820 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Reguillon to Lindelof
    Vardy to Bamford
    Jota to De Bruyne

Second -4 of the season

• Registered Users Posts: 4,516 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

SameOleJay wrote: »
    I have Dias and will double up with Walker for the next few. Obvious risk of rotation but I think that's the route rather than squeezing in Mahrez, Jesus etc

Would it be a risk to go for Stones over Dias if getting a City Defender do people think....he is .8 of a million cheaper.....is playing well and is fresh seeing as he was out of City team for last 15 months!!

The saved money would allow me to get likes of Son in midfield over likes of Zaha.Have some money in bank and want to get rid of Jota and Bellerin our of my team tonight.

Really appreciate people’s views on whether Stones will be nailed on for festive period.....my gut feeling is that he will be.....City have gone on a run of clean sheets with him in the team and he is good at playing the ball out from the back which Pep likes.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,820 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Would it be a risk to go for Stones over Dias if getting a City Defender do people think....he is .8 of a million cheaper.....is playing well and is fresh seeing as he was out of City team for last 15 months!!

The saved money would allow me to get likes of Son in midfield over likes of Zaha.Have some money in bank and want to get rid of Jota and Bellerin our of my team tonight.

Really appreciate people’s views on whether Stones will be nailed on for festive period.....my gut feeling is that he will be.....City have gone on a run of clean sheets with him in the team and he is good at playing the ball out from the back which Pep likes.

Thought about getting him but decided with Lindelof instead. Pep has 4 centre backs and he's definitely going to rotate them with all the fixtures this month. Pep can't rate him that highly if he kept benching him for so long

• Registered Users Posts: 4,516 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

ShaneU wrote: »
    Thought about getting him but decided with Lindelof instead. Pep has 4 centre backs and he's definitely going to rotate them with all the fixtures this month. Pep can't rate him that highly if he kept benching him for so long

Thanks for your reply.....Yeah totally get your point about Pep being likely to rotate but I think he has stumbled on a settled CB back pairing in Dias and Stones.....granted not against good teams but they have 3 clean sheets in a row now and lovely fixtures.
    I only have 4.9 to spend and likes of Vestergard have some tough fixtures and Lindelof is part of a leaky defence although he is nailed on in fairness.Am a Man Utd fan but Stones could be my Christmas diamond in the rough.

Appreciate anyone else’s thoughts tonight as going pulling the trigger tonight before price rises/ falls.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Do think the kdb / Bruno / salah midfield will pay off more soon, this week was always going to be a struggle with manc derby, the Jota injury and Lamptey vanishing. Am tempted to roll my transfer even with the Jota / possible Lamptey issues as I am so sick of transferring out injured players now. Every week since I wildcarded I have had an injury since zaha's covid.

After that then I can use the 2FT to do major surgery...

Currently set like this for midweek if I make no transfers with 1.9m ITB. Any suggestions welcome though as I am a novice at getting to this stage of FPL :O

McCarthy
    Kwp, chilwell, cresswell
    Kdb, Bruno, Salah, Bissouma
    Wilson, bamford, DCL
    Subs, Forster, Jota, Lamptey, kilman.

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    Do think the kdb / Bruno / salah midfield will pay off more soon, this week was always going to be a struggle with manc derby, the Jota injury and Lamptey vanishing. Am tempted to roll my transfer even with the Jota / possible Lamptey issues as I am so sick of transferring out injured players now. Every week since I wildcarded I have had an injury since zaha's covid.

Currently set like this for midweek if I make no transfers with 1.9m ITB. Any suggestions welcome though as I am a novice at getting to this stage of FPL :O

McCarthy
    Kwp, chilwell, cresswell
    Wilson, bamford, DCL

Team looks in good shape.

I'd start Lamptey over Bissouma though.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Jim Gazebo wrote: »

McCarthy
    Kwp, chilwell, cresswell
    Wilson, bamford, DCL

This is my 3rd week with the Kdb, Bruno and Salah combo. This week was bad but the first two were very good. I’m going to stick with it for a while.

Your team looks good and you could upgrade jota to grealish

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Thanks for your reply.....Yeah totally get your point about Pep being likely to rotate but I think he has stumbled on a settled CB back pairing in Dias and Stones.....granted not against good teams but they have 3 clean sheets in a row now and lovely fixtures.
    I only have 4.9 to spend and likes of Vestergard have some tough fixtures and Lindelof is part of a leaky defence although he is nailed on in fairness.Am a Man Utd fan but Stones could be my Christmas diamond in the rough.

Appreciate anyone else’s thoughts tonight as going pulling the trigger tonight before price rises/ falls.

I’m going double city defence for a few games and see how it goes. Cancelo and Dias.
    I have chilwell to go with them and KWP and C.Taylor to sub in in case they are rotated.

I’d like to advise re stones but I’ve no clue tbh

joeyboy11 wrote: »
    This is my 3rd week with the Kdb, Bruno and Salah combo. This week was bad but the first two were very good. I’m going to stick with it for a while.

Your team looks good and you could upgrade jota to grealish

Thanks, yeah I have thought of it but I think having 2 FT to mess with over Christmas might be important so if I could hold for the short few days. Shouldnt be too many price changes missed by Tuesday.

Think that midfield pays big over time.

• Advertisement

Team looks in good shape.

I'd start Lamptey over Bissouma though.

Cheers. Yeah I will too, just in case he returns. I assume he has something wrong with him to miss tonight. Son/Kane the big issue but today showed it, they are not going to keep it up forever.

Advertisement