Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Inbound and internal An Post Delays

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

Amazon seems to be having glitches

Ordered a Pre-Lit Decorated Garland for the fireplace for Christmas and got a Microwave instead with the Garland tracking number on the box.

Contemplating putting the microwave on the fireplace now.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Finally got small packet item today in Dublin, posted Monday 21st in Dublin by regular post.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Don't expect anything from Micks Garage in a hurry. Waiting 4 working days and a weekend for clutch parts that are supposed to be sorted in PARK WEST, paid the extra for faster delivery.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭gary550

Don't expect anything from Micks Garage in a hurry. Waiting 4 working days and a weekend for clutch parts that are supposed to be sorted in PARK WEST, paid the extra for faster delivery.

In fairness I am in the same boat here myself

I have a company account with An Post and pay for express parcel postage (which they claim is next day) yet 80% of our stuff is delayed. Like it's that bad that some stuff going from Dublin to Dublin is being delayed by days which just boggles the mind since Dublin is such a small place.

I hope they sort it out quickly, a blind man could of seen the massive influx of parcels coming in the distance yet there doesn't seem to be any proactivity with regards solving it.

We have deliveries arriving every single day nearly by DPD and nothing (not a single thing) was delayed in the past 8 months.

gary550 wrote: »
    In fairness I am in the same boat here myself

I have a company account with An Post and pay for express parcel postage (which they claim is next day) yet 80% of our stuff is delayed. Like it's that bad that some stuff going from Dublin to Dublin is being delayed by days which just boggles the mind since Dublin is such a small place.

I hope they sort it out quickly, a blind man could of seen the massive influx of parcels coming in the distance yet there doesn't seem to be any proactivity with regards solving it.

We have deliveries arriving every single day nearly by DPD and nothing (not a single thing) was delayed in the past 8 months.

I'm going to annoy Micks Garage for the extra I paid back if stuff isn't here tomorrow. I can't claim from An Post but they failed to supply the service Micks Garage paid them for so they can try and get their money back from An Post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

I just got a small parcel from Limerick to Dublin. Took 11 days ! :rolleyes:

I worked it out and it would have taken me 47 hours to walk it. 8 Hours a day walking and I could have just walked to Limerick and back in slightly shorter time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,508 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Oh wow, i guess i should be allowing 3-4 weeks at least for stuff from UK than an post will be delivering then

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

D3V!L wrote: »
    I just got a small parcel from Limerick to Dublin. Took 11 days ! :rolleyes:

I worked it out and it would have taken me 47 hours to walk it. 8 Hours a day walking and I could have just walked to Limerick and back in slightly shorter time.

Bought something off adverts, chap posted it on Monday registered. Still showing as accepted in the post office, hasn't moved an inch. I'm a bit baffled by that, I thought internal post like that particularly sent non-commercially wasn't as badly affected but its crazy to think its just sitting in the post office for nearly 4 days with no movement.

By contrast my amazon orders have arrived in less than 5 days generally. Strange situation, I do agree with other posters that An Post should be more open and give some approximate timelines for different post (e.g. internal, international etc.) Its a bit much just saying we are experiencing delays, what's the point of paying extra for speedy delivery when it makes no difference. Don't blame the postmen at all, they are up to their eyes but the management and comms strategy leaves a lot to be desired.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I run a small online store from Dublin. Some parcels I post are getting delivered next day but others are taking more than a week with one taking two full weeks from Dublin Post office to Carlow home.

We've seen delays since March due to Covid-19. Now with Black Friday and Cyber Monday I'm getting complaints daily from clients. An Post Live chat yesterday said to tell clients that parcel post is taking 5 working days minimum at the moment.

Someone mentioned Amazon getting priority. I noticed this as soon as An Post got the contract from Amazon a year or two ago. I wonder if it is a separate department of An Post looking after Amazon. I have had amazon delivery on Sundays over the last year but never received any Sunday An Post delivery from other sellers

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭d51984

I send a postal order every Monday (matinence) from D5 to D9. Normally arrives every Tue morn, however this weeks one still hasnt arrived.

Im just going to pay a motorbike courier nxt Monday for a quick same day delivery.

Its a disgrace Joe!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

I ordered something from china 2 weeks ago, was sent the next day, arrived in Dublin Airport the day after on the 24th November, its still in Dublin airport.
    Anyone know why? Is it in isolation or something? 10 days is a bit mad. Its just a little cheap console, nothing crazy, but would like to have it.

First time I've had China be the fast side lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

sugarman wrote: »
    Got a letter from the UK there this morning that took 16 days to get here!

Sounds like fake tracking to me. Most cheap packages from China are only tracked as far as their own airports, if even.

I highly doubt it was sent the next day and then priority shipped to Ireland the following day unless you paid for it to be, which wouldn't be cheap.

I guess you're right. Ah well, I'll get it in February/March so :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Waiting on an adidas order ,dispatched via dhl post who use an post in Ireland to deliver .
    Last status was 23rd November , koln Germany, nothing since .

Any insight ? I would have expected it to reach Ireland by now .

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭schmoo2k

andrew1977 wrote: »
    Waiting on an adidas order ,dispatched via dhl post who use an post in Ireland to deliver .

Thanks

Koln is backed up due to shortage of flights... Can't blame An Post for this (and I have a package sitting in Koln since Nov 28)

That Micks garage order is out for delivery today so just over a week to get here (Dublin to Waterford) when it arrives :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Dublinandy3

Thanks

I had a dhl parcel that seemed to just stop a couple of weeks ago. It took on memory 8 days I think or 9, then the tracking updated and I got it the same day the tracking updated. That came from Germany too coincidently.

Though even though I've just said that it could be totally coincidental so I don't want you sitting in hope on what I said, I'd contact them and ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Thanks

I had a parcel in Koln 18/11, arrived yesterday including stalling a couple of days in Dublin

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ConorBDeNiro

I'm having the exact same problem with an order coming from Germany. The last tracking update was Koln on the 23rd November. An Post don't recognise the tracking code.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

I'm having the exact same problem with an order coming from Germany. The last tracking update was Koln on the 23rd November. An Post don't recognise the tracking code.

I am onto adidas / dhl post / an post chasing for an update .
    I am not expecting an post to help much as I dont think they have their hands on it yet , looks like the backlog in Germany the problem .

Parcels sitting in Dublin sorting office since Monday morning

Edit: literally in the time I took to write this, the tracking changed to "Out for delivery"

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I don't think DHL fly it from Cologne, it's trucked in. It should take a max of 2 days to Dublin normally, but there won't be anywhere near the amount of trucks moving as there usually are. I hate that DHL/AnPost service at the best of times because An Post don't scan it as arrived and leave it a couple of days until they are good and ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

An Post - DHL.

Last update from Koln was on 26th November.
    The shipment will be transported to the destination country/destination area and, from there, handed over to the delivery organization

Only showing up today on An Post tracking:
    04 December 2020 07:56
    Your delivery was received by An Post in PORTLAOISE MAIL CENTRE, CO LAOIS

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,632 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Waiting for a parcel that left the US on November 19th and hasn't arrived in Ireland yet. Seriously slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,632 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Waiting for a parcel that left the US on November 19th and hasn't arrived in Ireland yet. Seriously slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

I've experienced huge delays on post and parcels to and from USA. One letter came after a month and a bit after posting. Another letter came a week after posting!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭stesaurus

That's not bad considering its the US. I posted a package to the UK on the 20th and it's still sitting in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭gazzer

I ordered from a UK shop on 6th Nov. Tracking number showed it left the UK on 8th Nov. It arrived yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 4,508 ✭✭✭jaffa20

gazzer wrote: »
    I ordered from a UK shop on 6th Nov. Tracking number showed it left the UK on 8th Nov. It arrived yesterday

This makes me worried about buying my christmas presents online now. Hope they all come in time now or it will be gift vouchers and then returning all the other items.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Sully wrote: »
    Same for me- Royal Mail said if An Post don't have it than its with customs.

Customs saying if its not scanned with An Post than its not with them.

An Post saying if they haven't it scanned than its not with them.

Madness

Parcel now scanned with An Post this afternoon in the Dublin Mail Center and sorted this evening so looking like some real progress, at long last. The day before Royal Mail saying the sender will be refunded and it declared lost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭Ardent

I have it on good authority that there are over 300K packages coming into Ireland every day and only 250K packages being delivered by An Post. The backlog is increasing every day for them. Apparently the bottleneck is not staff but rather the space to store these packages. Dublin Airport is suspending deliveries from China.

I think we're seeing the effects of the pandemic here.

Advertisement