Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Racing Uncertainties

Comments

A few left... No joy with Anthony Brittain's horses :( I normally overlook them, not 'just because' ; but cos I don't fancy them..

Backed one today... Came nowhere, and his other horse won the same race :o

And he's only gone and had another winner since :p

Purple patch continuing = not likely

De Vegas Kid wins the latest at Wolver to put a more respectable sheen on the daily P & L :)

So close in the last - I thought Jimmy Quinn was coming with a winning run on Kodi Koh, until the winner pulled away. Still got a place though. All in all I'd say even for the thread today - not checked yet for the exact P & L..

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

So close in the last - I thought Jimmy Quinn was coming with a winning run on Kodi Koh, until the winner pulled away. Still got a place though. All in all I'd say even for the thread today - not checked yet for the exact P & L..

blue whisper was 2nd also in the previous race..

razorhead wrote: »
    blue whisper was 2nd also in the previous race..

There is that razor alright :) Nice to get it too; but the way he/she (whatever) was travelling - compared to the winner eg - and the fact there was an inexperienced 7lb amateur/apprentice on top; I wasn't getting too excited about that one :D

Racing site I use not working on this currently; hence not sure if jockey is app. or amateur, nor if Blue Whisper is gelding or filly :pac:

• Advertisement

#Purple Patch hasn't ended after all..

Will do P & L later, but pretty sure a small profit was made (a few decent priced placers ensured thread remains in black)

#Not a red letter day by any means, but not a losing day - a standstill one :)

1/12

Running P & L + 59.5pts

Total invested 38pts. Solstalla 3.32 NR @ 2pts. 36pts in play.

Returns:

Getaway Mag 12.30 Sth wins (done e/w at 7/2) at a quarter odds a place returning 6.3pts
    Rusper's Lad 4.00 Wol (done e/w) places at 14/1 a fifth the odds a place returning 3.8pts
    Chillon Castle 4.00 Wol (done e/w) places at #28/1# (hfd) a fifth the odds returning 6.6pts
    De Vegas Kid 6.30 Wol (done e/w) wins at 10/1 a quarter the odds a place returning 14.5pts
    Blue Whisper 7.00 Wol (done e/w) places at 20/1 a fifth the odds a place returning 5pts
    Kodi Koh 7.30 Wol (done e/w at 16/1) places at a fifth the odds returning 4.2pts

Total at play 36pts - returns 40.4pts

Today's Profit 4.4pts

Running invested total 385pts

Total P & L + 63.9pts

Nothing for tomorrow - so no 3am write-ups :P

8.30 Kempton Purple Paddy 12/1 e/w

Has drifted out to a nice price, and has as good a chance as any of these of making the frame here I feel. Three times a C & D winner; which were on the standard to slow going, as is declared today, and, along with the price this one will do for me here.

Good luck any who follow

8.00 Kempton Comeofeeltheforce 22/1 , Amnaa 80/1

Two each way punts. Nothing more to say really.

• Advertisement

7.30 Kem Cemhaan 3/1 win, Lapidary 11/1 win

No joy with the two above - Cemhaan perhaps burned too much petrol early on, and Lapidary wasn't really sighted.

Never in with a shout even with the two in the 8 0'clock. One more to go, and I hope Paddy puts up a bold showing in the last.

Purple Paddy no good - not much luck at the start with the horse in front of him racing very keen. Came with a run on the rail 2 out, but that petered out tamely in the last 100yds.

2/12

Running P & L + 63.9pts

Total invested 8pts

Returns - none

Today's loss 8pts

Running invested total 393pts

Total P & L + 55.9pts

14% profit on points invested so far - will try and keep that north of 10% for as long as possible. Haven't looked at tomorrow's cards.

3/12

Had a look at Wincanton, and here are tomorrow's darts:

All each way

12.45 Kilcara 9/1 . James King is one of the best jockeys in this amateur race. Selection hasn't ran under rules with much soft in the going description; so that could be a worry, or maybe a positive :)

1.45 Gulshanigans 25/1

2.15 Broadclyst 11/2

2.45 Beltor 13/2 , Neff 5/1

3.15 River of Intrigue 20/1 , Bindon Lane 18/1 . Last one there is a 'punt' for sure (done nothing over hurdles; 2nd run in a chase - first was a Class 2 when pulled up; this is a Class 5, and that's the straw I'm clutching at with bindon Lane) .

I expect most of them to run well, and think Broadclyst has the best chance of winning.

Gluck if yere having a punt

No good Kilcara - barely jumped a fence, lack of fluency cost him whatever chance he might have had.

1.22 MR Just had a look and I think Al Kherb has an each way chance here at 25/1

1.37 Leicester Agent Valdez at 11/2 is hopefully an e/w bet to nothing with a good round of jumping here. Leskinfere also has a chance, but was a massive price earlier, and only 8s now; so a small win on him.

• Advertisement

Al Kherb was up with the pace, but faded 3 out. No joy so far

3.07 Leicester Torrent Des Mottes 16/1 e/w. Another gamble, so price not great; albeit still appealing, but has a good chance in this with the assistance of 7lb claimer N Brennan on top for the first time.

#Agent Valdez wins.

Was confident Broadclyst was gonna go close; and even moreso when the money came and he ended up favourite. Just as soon as he started to get into it; alas he faded tamely :(

#That one I put up less than 15mins before the off. I try to put em up well in advance; but what are ya gonna do if you're looking at form while watching racing? Exactly - find a few you like :pac: Especially when after a race or two the results can be checked, and thereby a more accurate going description than the one that was given the night before.

Nothing at all so far from last night's picks, so hopefully out of the four selections from the next two races a winner, or two :P :P can be had :)

6.00 Chelmsford Verne Castle 16/1 e/w , Pop Dancer 7/2 win

Very competitive 5fs race here where anything can win. Hollie Doyle on top of Verne Castle for the first time since he won over C & D 5 runs back. Trainer M Wigham also has Deputise in the race which has seen some money from 40s into 16s. Of the two, it's Verne Castle; who's on the drift that I prefer for an each way bet (also like that Hollie's on board).

The other one I like at a nice price at around co-favourite is Tony Carroll's Pop Dancer. This one is only 3, a C & D winner, but crucially is one that can be held up, or come from off the pace; as there are a few that will try to make all, and could be vulnerable at the finish.

3.07 Leicester Torrent Des Mottes 16/1 e/w. Another gamble, so price not great; albeit still appealing, but has a good chance in this with the assistance of 7lb claimer N Brennan on top for the first time.

3rd

:( Not enough hours in the day unfortunately - just seen he was 66/1 and bigger this morn :pac:

Nothing in the 6.00 Chelmsford.

7.00 Chelmsford Sepahi 50/1 e/w

Bit of a hit and hope this one. Doesn't seem to go well over C & D. Am hoping today will be different, and that the horse can get settled out the back early on (seems to be a lot of pace in this race) from it's high draw; and hopefully will be quick out of the blocks, and if that happens this Molly Presland piloted conveyance just might go close at massive odds.. Stranger things have happened :D

3/12

Running P & L + 55.9

Invested 26pts

Returns:

Bindon Lane 3.15 Wincanton (done e/w at 18/1) places at a fifth the odds returning 4.6pts
    Agent Valdez 1.37 Leicester (done e/w at 11/2) wins at a quarter the odds a place returning 8.8pts
    Torrent Des Mottes 3.07 Leicester (done e/w at 16s) places at a fifth the odds with a 10p rule 4 returning 3.8pts

Total at play 26pts - returns 17.2pts

Loss for the day 8.8pts

Running invested total 419pts

Total P & L + 47.1pts

4/12

Another day another rake of darts. A plus at the end of the day in the Profit column would be good.

All each way

Sedgefield

12.00 Tommy's Oscar 3/1
    12.35 Deauville Society 66/1
    1.05 Burnage Boy 22/1
    1.40 Puppet Warrior 14/1
    2.15 Foster'sisland 14/1
    2.50 Iskabeg Lane 14/1

Exeter

12.25 Big Chip And Pin 16/1
    2.40 Limited Reserve 6/1
    3.15 Dawson City 13/2 , Bermeo 6/1

Sandown

12.45 Diable De Sivola 11/2
    1.15 Ardmayle 4/1
    1.50 Ballinslea Bridge 28/1
    3.00 Flemcara 13/2
    3.35 Miss Honey Ryder 16/1

Newcastle

3.10 King Of The South 9/4
    3.45 Ascot Week 16/1
    4.45 Priscilla's Wish 14/1
    5.15 Tathmeen 14/1
    5.45 Crownthorpe 10/3
    6.45 Red Jasper 11/1
    7.15 Glengarry 28/1

Gluck

• Advertisement

Not much joy yesterday. Will update P & L later.

5/12

Meanwhile today HEER WE GO AGAIN in the 6.30 Wolves has a good chance here at 12/1. 4 wins under his belt over the minimum trip, and tries 6f again today. He came third over C & D 2 runs back, when drawn 9 of 11. Is drawn low today in box 2, and may try and use his early speed to make all under Darragh Keenan who takes 3lbs off. A decent each way bet imo.

Advertisement