Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2021

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭505_

A good few years since I got the game on or near release. But I enjoyed 19 and 20 and with the lockdown may get this on release. Not overly enthused by the new features. Couldn't care for body language when I get the assistant to deal with the media as much as i can. Bigging up an end of season review as new feature doesn't inspire confidence either. The scouting meetings look good. Have seen Miles on Twitter talking about the challenges of producing the game during the pandemic so hopefully the game hasn't suffered too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,553 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,347 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Has much changed since 20? I usually get it every year when it releases, but i felt last was just a little too copy/paste.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Has much changed since 20? I usually get it every year when it releases, but i felt last was just a little too copy/paste.

BETA hasn't been released yet but only a few small changes predicted

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 22,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Didn't really bother with 20, but might give 21 a good run out, especially with the lockdowns.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Belt

Havent played in years but lockdown is encouraging me to get back in to it. What sort of a laptop would be needed to run it?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Teothican

ordered it just there from CDKEYS for 30e

The BETA should be released in the next week or 2 hopefully

Thinking of starting in the English League 1 or 2

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Regis779

I ordered Football Manager 2021 from here on a discount (typically buy games here), since I own all the games of the series, feels like I should have it even if it may not offer anything ground-breaking in terms of innovation

• Registered Users Posts: 7,978 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Beta will be released tonight according to Sports interactive

• Advertisement

the BETA has being dropped

Bought the touch version but no sign of the beta ?

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Bought the touch version but no sign of the beta ?

touch beta has being delayed

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭DM_2092

What are peoples thoughts so far? I'm only at my intra-squad friendly.

Teothican wrote: »
    touch beta has being delayed

****e, hopefully it be out soon

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭tgdaly

Anyone any experience of playing 20 on Google Stadia?

Was tempted to pick one up to play 21, although I see there's been no official confirmation of a Stadia Version this year as of yet

****e, hopefully it be out soon

https://community.sigames.com/topic/531417-release-date-on-touch-delayed-until-1st-december/

A Sports interactive employee responded and confirmed there will be no touch beta

They claim it was never advertised as Beta but people are calling them out on it that FMT always had beta's

Unearthly wrote: »
    https://community.sigames.com/topic/531417-release-date-on-touch-delayed-until-1st-december/

A Sports interactive employee responded and confirmed there will be no touch beta

They claim it was never advertised as Beta but people are calling them out on it that FMT always had beta's

Damn it anyway

Doubt ill be able to get a refund and buy the full version with the Beta included ?

Damn it anyway

Doubt ill be able to get a refund and buy the full version with the Beta included ?

It would probably depend whether you have redeemed the code in Steam yet. If not, then contact the seller and ask for a refund. Most would be willing to I'd imagine

Unearthly wrote: »
    It would probably depend whether you have redeemed the code in Steam yet. If not, then contact the seller and ask for a refund. Most would be willing to I'd imagine

got it sorted

used the cost of touch to buy the full version

• Advertisement

So I picked Deportivo La Coruna. Back to back promotions now I'm 3rd in La Liga after 6 games

Game seems easy. For a while I used a 5212 WB formation with high pressing and positive mentality. This worked until January of 2nd season when my form collapsed. Changed to a basic 442 and scraped into playoffs for promotion

In La Liga I'm using the default 4231 gegenpressing and winning a few games 3 or 4 nil. My team is not great, a mixture of journeyman freebies, rejected youngsters from the top teams and a few loans from top teams

The Match UI takes a lot to get used to and has a few annoying things like a pass map that gets comically cluttered making it useless. The hand gestures as predicted is just a replacement for the tone of your messages. Recruitment meetings are not that useful to me. Still rather do it on my own. End of season highlights is pretty much what it's always been just packaged together in slides form

Yeah so not that different from before but thankfully the set pieces and players shooting into side net instead of cut backs is toned down a lot. Also strikers much better at finishing. Xg is a useful addition

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Playing a west brom beta save myself, apart from a few visual bugs (resolution funnies, player comparison data blacked out, short pass map in games etc.) it's been probably the most stable beta I've been on for FM over the years. Most of the updates are nice licks of paint and making features that were already there nicer to use, and then the match engine improvements, which are a welcome pleasant surprise. The passing in game is fairly drastically different, through balls are now a real thing, diagonal balls or early crosses have made a couple of appearances too and then some shooting mechanics feel a bit different. Not too keen on the dugout in games yet, it'll take some getting used to. And removing %s where they can is a good thing imo, makes things a bit less clinical and precise which is a good thing imo...

Oh and finding results as west brom suitably mixed, playing a 523 with a libero (Ivanovic) in the middle at the back and supporting inverted wingers or inside forwards depending on the mood. Grabbed 34 Lasse Schone in on a free and he's been a revelation in the middle of the park (for an absolute max of 60mins per game)

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Rebel Rebel

Just finished my first full season with Brackley in the National League North, got 102 points and finished Second! Boston finished on 105.

Hope fully the play-off will be kind.

Lost 2-3 to Gateshead in the playoff semi final, ending a 20 game unbeaten run at home.

On the upside i did win the FA Trophy

Just finished my first full season with Brackley in the National League North, got 102 points and finished Second! Boston finished on 105.

Hope fully the play-off will be kind.

Lost 2-3 to Gateshead in the playoff semi final, ending a 20 game unbeaten run at home.

On the upside i did win the FA Trophy

102 and not getting promoted is the worst example of getting FM'd ever!

Managing Salford City now in League 2 and only 3 league games in, undefeated by 1 win and 2 draws. The Papa John and league cup games were a disaster

Find it harder to sign players in the lower leageus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

tgdaly wrote: »
    Anyone any experience of playing 20 on Google Stadia?

Was tempted to pick one up to play 21, although I see there's been no official confirmation of a Stadia Version this year as of yet

Mate of mine has put over 300 hours in on Stadia version. So I'm guessing he likes it. I plan on picking this years version today on Stadia. Bye bye free time.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭barryribs

Picked it up today and played an hour or so. Some nice changes from last year, not sure about the commentary match interface yet. I did notice that I got a mail telling me at odds of 50-1 that I was expected to far in the champions league though.

Also, new badge packs are worse than what was there originally

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

Match engine is so much better, players actually square the ball instead of shooting from crazy angles.

Still not to keen to new team talk, press conference layout

Started in non league with cruzon Ashton as my FM20 hero Matty Waters plays for them, he used to average 20+ assists from LB each season.
    Won league easily by 34 points in first season

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

Loving the new game seems faster in between matches. Playing since beta came out just finished first season with liverpool.
    Just signed upemecano donnaruma and depay on free transfers.

The new speak to agent feature is quality letting u know what they would look for before u put in a bid.

The brexit rules in the uk make it harder to sign the old wonderkids though which is a downside as you cant develop them yourself and get the pleasure of them becoming world beaters

• Advertisement

On the new agent feature, I'm not sure if I'm imagining it but it feels like there's a risk associated with it? If you talk to them and they tell you what the player wants that's then locked in, vs if you just take a punt you can normally negotiate away most of the annoying requests?

Advertisement