Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gameweek 6 Transfers.

• 17-10-2020 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭

Willian out
    Pulisic in, now that he's in first 11.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭macraignil

Reece James out someone who plays in.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,638 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Ricky out, then is it Werner against a United team or Aguero who if KdB is out - is probably back on penalties - will see how today's game goes

• Registered Users Posts: 11,927 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Nothing ATM anyway. Salah, DCL, James, Chilwell and Jorginho are the outfield players I've had play so far and they've all done something. McCarthy is only other one but I wasn't expecting points off him today.

Barnes tomorrow will be the one I'm keeping an eye on. Hopefully he can deliver something or I might move him on

• Registered Users Posts: 17,222 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

macraignil wrote: »

Same. Was to do it this week but had to act on KDB news

• Registered Users Posts: 17,222 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Have to act on VVD news now :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

gammygils wrote: »
    Same. Was to do it this week but had to act on KDB news

Is a West Ham defender the worst idea? (Cresswell)

Two awful games but then a lovely run

Or is it best to keep it simple and go Chilwell

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Is a West Ham defender the worst idea? (Cresswell)

Two awful games but then a lovely run

Or is it best to keep it simple and go Chilwell

CL midweek for the next 3 GWs until IB could see some rests/rotation.

ElTel wrote: »
    CL midweek for the next 3 GWs until IB could see some rests/rotation.

Maybe a simple Chillwell move or one of the Leeds lads

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Maybe a simple Chillwell move or one of the Leeds lads

Yeah he's a top pick. Spurs and Palace (you know who!) worth considering.

ElTel wrote: »
    Yeah he's a top pick. Spurs and Palace (you know who!) worth considering.

Thats true but I have Mitchell (who will be dropped).

PVA does seem a fun pick alright.

Spurs are a worry with the rotation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭touts

When I heard Aguero was back I was tempted to do a switch today to bring him in for Kane as he could rise in price twice over the week and his ownership will be very low against the active managers I'm actually competing against in the mini leagues. Even did the switch on my phone as I listened to the game and thought that looks good. But didn't hit confirm. Probably would have if he scored.

Then he goes and does that to the assistant ref. He'll be lucky not to get a ban now. And even if he doesn't he is now a yellow and red card magnet from the referees union for the rest of the season. 10 seconds of madness and my transfer strategy went from definitely get him in immediately before his price rises to don't touch him for the rest of the season. Don't you just love FPL.

Anyway currently my new strategy is Brewster looks tempting. If he does anything this game week. I might swap Wilson for him and have money in the bank to strengthen elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,630 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

VVD to someone

touts wrote: »
    When I heard Aguero was back I was tempted to do a switch today to bring him in for Kane as he could rise in price twice over the week and his ownership will be very low against the active managers I'm actually competing against in the mini leagues. Even did the switch on my phone as I listened to the game and thought that looks good. But didn't hit confirm. Probably would have if he scored.

Then he goes and does that to the assistant ref. He'll be lucky not to get a ban now. And even if he doesn't he is now a yellow and red card magnet from the referees union for the rest of the season. 10 seconds of madness and my transfer strategy went from definitely get him in immediately before his price rises to don't touch him for the rest of the season. Don't you just love FPL.

Anyway currently my new strategy is Brewster looks tempting. If he does anything this game week. I might swap Wilson for him and have money in the bank to strengthen elsewhere.

Can't see him getting a ban - VAR is there to view all incidents on the pitch and nothing happened - so they can't go and retrospectively ban him.

Chances of a price rise is quite low - esp given that he's on for a price fall

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Islander13

touts wrote: »

How could Aguero possibly be banned for that? He put a hand on her shoulder. The PC brigade up in arms a bit too much on this one

Not a chance of a ban

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Islander13 wrote: »
    How could Aguero possibly be banned for that? He put a hand on her shoulder. The PC brigade up in arms a bit too much on this one

Not a chance of a ban

Rules are rules ... A player CANNOT touch a referee/assistant referee.... If the FA overlook this rule why can't a player push a referee if they are disputing a decision made. (Granted it's a different type of scenario but would he have put his arm around the assistant referee if it was male)

Rules are rules ... A player CANNOT touch a referee/assistant referee.... If the FA overlook this rule why can't a player push a referee if they are disputing a decision made. (Granted it's a different type of scenario but would he have put his arm around the assistant referee if it was male)

He likely would have put his arm around a male official in the same way.

Really is much ado about nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 32,765 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I agree that its inappropriate and he should have been booked but a red would be way too harsh, so VAR or retrospective checks on this wouldn't apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Zaha/Trent > Bruno/Digne -4

• Registered Users Posts: 8,506 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

macraignil wrote: »

I did this and brought in Michael Keane.

Then the VVD thing happened and I need to replace him now. Have £8.5m to spend so can get anyone. Trent is tempting but he’s not been as good as Robertson so far and with VVD gone, Liverpool are bound to concede more. I’m leaning towards Chilwell at £5.6m... I’ll need the money to bring KDB back in a few game weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

Covid+ Ayew out - Mitro in. 2 decent upcoming fixtures if he's every going to do anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭Peter File

ACL confirmed for VVD so season over. Any safe defenders out there to replace him with?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Anyone want to suggest what I do about getting in defenders.. getting zero out of them!! Have 7.4 there to spend. Do I take a -4 & get 2 mid range defenders?

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Anyone want to suggest what I do about getting in defenders.. getting zero out of them!! Have 7.4 there to spend. Do I take a -4 & get 2 mid range defenders?

No one is really getting anythinng out of defenders tbf there has been feck all clean sheets this season, I wouldnt be taking hits for them unless its due to injuries imo

Robertson is getting assists - although getting him in at 7m with VVD and Allison out might not be ideal.

Keane has got 2 goals so far this season and at 5m would have some value in an attacking team.

Dias at 5.5m might be worth a punt as well.

Other than that - might be better to throw the cash into midfield/striker and just have cheap playing defenders.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Need too move on Davies from Spurs. Not happy with TAA either and would love to get Kun in. Ahhhhh long week ahead and only 1FT

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Robertson is getting assists - although getting him in at 7m with VVD and Allison out might not be ideal.

Keane has got 2 goals so far this season and at 5m would have some value in an attacking team.

Dias at 5.5m might be worth a punt as well.

Other than that - might be better to throw the cash into midfield/striker and just have cheap playing defenders.

Have Trent.. so Robbo is a no.

Keane... I’m taking out Coleman.. he won’t score Much more goals would he?

Dias is what I’m thinking. Nailed on starter & think City focussing on tightening the ship.

Villa could be an option with the form their defence in & fixtures coming up

• Registered Users Posts: 11,927 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Have Trent.. so Robbo is a no.

Keane... I’m taking out Coleman.. he won’t score Much more goals would he?

Dias is what I’m thinking. Nailed on starter & think City focussing on tightening the ship.

Villa could be an option with the form their defence in & fixtures coming up

Chilwell and Reguillon if you want to bank on attacking points.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,585 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Possibly Zaha to Son (already have Kane) or
    Jiminez to Agueroooo if Wolves let me down again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

titan18 wrote: »
    Chilwell and Reguillon if you want to bank on attacking points.

Keep an eye on Semedo tomorrow night too, he was very attacking in the last match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Possibly Zaha to Son (already have Kane) or
    Jiminez to Agueroooo if Wolves let me down again

Jiminez possibly going down in price tonight
    #justsaying

I’m possibly going to switch vardy to Kane.

Advertisement