Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Epson Printer Connectivity Problem

• 02-10-2020 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Anyone able to help me connect my printer to the WiFi?

I can connect a device directly to the printer but no matter how many times I try to connect to the router it fails (including turning all other systems off and moving the printer to sit beside the router).

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,753 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Have you tried setting it up with WPS?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 alfagirl

Yep. That was the main instruction

• Registered Users Posts: 13,729 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

alfagirl wrote: »
    Yep. That was the main instruction

Try using the Wifi password and not the WPS and see if you have any luck.

Thanks. Down a rabbit hole and deep into the router details where I am looking to see where I will add the password

• Registered Users Posts: 13,729 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

alfagirl wrote: »
    Thanks. Down a rabbit hole and deep into the router details where I am looking to see where I will add the password

If you haven't changed it its usually on the bottom the router in alot of cases, along with the WPS numbers.

• Advertisement

Thanks - Found the place, put the numbers in, keeps saying "unknown error"!!!!!

Now going to include MAC Address in the list of permitted devices as try again... (haven't a real clue what I'm doing)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,753 ✭✭✭DopeTech

What exact model is the printer? And what exact model router have you got?

Printer = Epson ET-2712
    Router = eircom F1000 Modem

• Registered Users Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIFzOm0PNfY
    As per this vid, but on 1:43 WiFi setup select NO and set static IP
    If this makes connection to network, add printer on PC/lap by TCP/IP

• Advertisement

Thanks for this. Unfortunately I can't get back at it for a number of days but I'll let you know how I get on

Looked at this and it sounds brilliant. I tried to do a variant of this and hooked the printer to the router... :(
    Hope it'll allow me to print off a tablet / phone too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Joy of WiFi printers....

Sorted.... by installing some Epson Software and connecting via the laptop. It was an obscure route and it didn't load first time.
    Thanks for all the suggestions, we are now over and out!!!!

Advertisement