Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

F1 2020 - British Grand Prix

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,058 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Look at how many times he says me and I in one tweet. Shout out to my team for helping me do what I.

Does my head in he does.

Lewis: I struggled to put together fast enough laps.

Also Lewis: breaks the lap record twice in Q3.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Gintonious wrote: »
    No amount of spin on that will work. The hardest challenge he has is getting out of bed I'd say.

Think I will skip this glorified test session tomorrow, Merc pretty much 1.5 clear of everyone, and will be for another year or so. If the F1 management had any sense they would be a bit more proactive about some immediate changes (like they have done before) before this sport eats itself.

We don't even have a remotely competitive sport right now, just Merc cashing in on its investment hand over fist.

Nail squarely on head.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭weekaizer

I really feel the sport of f1 is in a horrible place right now. Even in the dominant Ferrari and Red Bull eras, there was decent competition, these mercs are basically not even having to break sweat to post lap records week in week out...And at least in the 80s when mclaren were dominating, the inter team rivalry between senna and Prost made it exciting. Now we’ve got Batman and robin in the same team. Bottas doesn’t have any sense of ruthlessness, aggression, hunger or any tangible desire of winning a championship, he’s just happy to trundle around picking up constructor points and the very odd win when Hamilton fudges up usually.. grim times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

I wouldnt worry about it the otehr teams will compete eventually. Or fall behind force india. Merc need a likeable autopilot though instead of hamilton. Anybody could win the championship in that car, give it to Ricciardo and Checo next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,244 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

PsychoPete wrote: »
    Any hope of some serious rain tomorrow to make it some bit interesting

The season summed up in one post. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,906 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Vettel embarrassed himself today 1.1 seconds difference to LeClerc in Q3. I'd love to hear the Vettel apologists explain that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭quokula

Inquitus wrote: »
    Agreed, he is also a damned good driver, who on the grid is better than him, he's generally just a tenth or 2 off Hamilton in qually and often out qualifies his illustrious teammate. Max is better, LeClerc is better, maybe Vettel but perhaps not this season, who else?

Practically everyone on the grid is better than him. People seem to forget that the last time there was an above average driver in the second Mercedes, Rosberg, he beat Hamilton to the title.

Bottas is nowhere near doing that. Either Ferrari driver, either Red Bull driver, either Renault driver, either McLaren driver, Perez, Magnussen, Hulkenberg, Raikkonen, Russell, or Gasly would all do better.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Vettel embarrassed himself today 1.1 seconds difference to LeClerc in Q3. I'd love to hear the Vettel apologists explain that.

Wouldnt call myself a ‘Vettel apologist’, but he had 2 compromised practise sessions which wouldnt have helped

Despite being pushed out the door he outqualified Leclerc for Austria 2 and Hungary, its not a Max and Albon situation where its a constant difference

Wouldnt call myself a ‘Vettel apologist’, but he had 2 compromised practise sessions which wouldnt have helped

Despite being pushed out the door he outqualified Leclerc for Austria 2 and Hungary, its not a Max and Albon situation where its a constant difference

0.650 second behind his teammate. That's a gap you'd expect with Russel vs Latifi/Kubica. That's bad. I wonder what the other excuses are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭rock22

0.650 second behind his teammate. That's a gap you'd expect with Russel vs Latifi/Kubica. That's bad. I wonder what the other excuses are.

You must be totally lacking in any human empathy if you cannot understand why Vettel is no longer achieving the best with Ferrari.

He had a short interview with Mark Webber , after qualification, When Webber put it to him that his situation must be like a marriage break up but where you are expected to do the best for the person kicking you out Eettel agreed than that the situation was very difficult.
    Personally, i would walk as he doesn't need the money but Vettel vowed to see out his time with Ferrari.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,430 ✭✭✭weisses

Doesn't matter ... He will probably be taken out by his teammate again tomorrow ...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

rock22 wrote: »
    You must be totally lacking in any human empathy if you cannot understand why Vettel is no longer achieving the best with Ferrari.

He had a short interview with Mark Webber , after qualification, When Webber put it to him that his situation must be like a marriage break up but where you are expected to do the best for the person kicking you out Eettel agreed than that the situation was very difficult.
    Personally, i would walk as he doesn't need the money but Vettel vowed to see out his time with Ferrari.

Very little point bothering to even try and answer/explain.

Now Russell is starting from the back of the grid. Does he and the car have the capability to overtake the Hass’ and Alfa’s in the race?

pjohnson wrote: »
    Very little point bothering to even try and answer/explain.
    Definitely not if you want to deny he was embarrassed by his teammate in quali.

Maybe you've just come to expect Seb to be that far behind LeClerc.

Now Russell is starting from the back of the grid. Does he and the car have the capability to overtake the Hass’ and Alfa’s in the race?

The Williams has much better quali pace than race pace. They've qualified well recently with both cars getting into q2 in one instance. But they start going backwards pretty soon in the race.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,524 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I think it does. The William's might not be great but I think it is better than both the Hass and the Alfa cars this year.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

weisses wrote: »
    Doesn't matter ... He will probably be taken out by his teammate again tomorrow ...:rolleyes:

Unlikely as he's 6 places behind him on the grid.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,403 ✭✭✭Harika

F2 race didn't disappoint, the uncertainty about tyres leads to great races

• Registered Users Posts: 9,430 ✭✭✭weisses

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Unlikely as he's 6 places behind him on the grid.

I deliberately didn't say at the start ... It's a long race .... Let's see how they both perform considering the car is very..very dodgy when driving with high fuel loads

• Registered Users Posts: 13,729 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

RB was slower than last year.
    Vettel was slower than his 2018 qually lap.

If you compare Merc to the GP1.5 pack they have improved less of a percentage against those teams than they have against the big 2 RB and Ferrari who have gone backwards. We know Ferrari is seriously down on power, but why has Red Bull regressed?

• Advertisement

I’m gonna tweet Hamilton and ask him where he got Sugar Puffs. I’ve been looking for them for years and thought they’d been discontinued :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,105 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

If hamilton sails off into the sunset will the tv director just focus on him all afternoon?

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    If hamilton sails off into the sunset will the tv director just focus on him all afternoon?

Doubt it, nothing to be gained by doing that. Especially if there are battles going on further down the field.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I’m gonna tweet Hamilton and ask him where he got Sugar Puffs. I’ve been looking for them for years and thought they’d been discontinued :D

They're known as honey monster puffs now!

Cheers Anto!

Ch4 has a lot of ad breaks. Noticed it yesterday when a qualifying section was over they jumped straight into ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭weekaizer

Issues for hulks car apparently... still hasn’t left garage

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

weekaizer wrote: »
    Issues for hulks car apparently... still hasn’t left garage

Out of the car and helmet off now, doesnt look good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Acosta

Cheers Anto!

Ch4 has a lot of ad breaks. Noticed it yesterday when a qualifying section was over they jumped straight into ads.

Was watching on free to air in Germany last year. RTL I think. They were taking ads every 5 minutes during the race. No enjoyment watching it whatsoever.

Happy to watch the build up on Sky, as the C4 presenter is awful, but I'll be switching over as soon as they hand over to Crofty Croft.

Pity Eir still don't have it. Enjoyed it in HD

• Registered Users Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Hulks F1 career in a nutshell ffs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,151 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Less interviews from Hamilton would be good for the sport, it's not easy listened to.

Advertisement