Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Executive Officer Civil Service

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Koop2345

Probably a silly question but does anyone know if a QQI level 5 course would make me eligible for this? Few months short of the 2 years service :(

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

Koop2345 wrote: »
    Probably a silly question but does anyone know if a QQI level 5 course would make me eligible for this? Few months short of the 2 years service :(

I dont think so, they specifically ask for a level 7 award.

Although they permit entry with a leaving certificate (Level 5) if you have high grades so I dont know how they assess comparibility. Maybe send them an email.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭chillmad

keanocar wrote: »
    Can you apply to this if currently an EO and hoping for a chance to get a change of department?

Be aware that if you are currently on an EO salary, that you may go back to the start of the scale by applying again through an Open competition.
    Are you eligible for mobility?

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭gestappo

- Interesting note on pg. 2

- Interesting note on pg. 4

Just to ensure I'm reading this right; You're automatically removed from the other area's listing once you interview for the first area?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 thecom1993

How strict are they with the Leaving Cert results? I'm three years in the Civil service as a CO. It says I need three higher level subjects but only have two.

• Advertisement

Disappointed about merge thread job, I put alot of effort into the OP.

Gillouise wrote: »
    I've been having trouble opening pdf files from publicjobs but when I open downloads they're always saved there

Not working for me at all :rolleyes: I'm getting a "Please Wait" message on pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 3 thecom1993

Try opening in Google Chrome

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Gillouise

gestappo wrote: »
    Not working for me at all :rolleyes: I'm getting a "Please Wait" message on pdf

Yeah the same happens to me, but go into your downloads and the application form should be there

Just to ensure I'm reading this right; You're automatically removed from the other area's listing once you interview for the first area?

For CO 2020, you select two location, go through initial tests and given an OOM for both counties.

If they call you to interview for say your second choice county and agree to go to interview, you will be removed from the first choice panel.

If you dont agree to go to interview, you will be removed from the second choice panel. And that to wait for your first choice to come around

You only interview once and the result does not carry over.

I assume they will be using this new format going forward

• Advertisement

Koop2345 wrote: »
    I dont think so, they specifically ask for a level 7 award.

Although they permit entry with a leaving certificate (Level 5) if you have high grades so I dont know how they assess comparibility. Maybe send them an email.

Taken from application form:

Have obtained in the Established Leaving Certificate Examination a minimum of Grade D (or post
    2017 Leaving Certificate O6 grade) at Ordinary Level in Mathematics and Irish or English, having obtained a minimum or Grade C (or post 2017 Leaving Certificate H4 grade) in at least FIVE
    subjects at Higher level: or hold a qualification in the opinion of the Public Appointment Service, is of a standard in terms of both level and volume of learning that is of at least an equivalent or higher standard

Like Mike said it's worth it to email them

At this stage, it's just registering your details ? No oom until you receive a link and complete next stage in a few weeks ?

A pdf and online application - So you're filling out 2 forms

thecom1993 wrote: »
    Try opening in Google Chrome

I've got Edge or IE - :rolleyes:

For CO 2020, you select two location, go through initial tests and given an OOM for both counties.

If they call you to interview for say your second choice county and agree to go to interview, you will be removed from the first choice panel.

If you dont agree to go to interview, you will be removed from the second choice panel. And that to wait for your first choice to come around

You only interview once and the result does not carry over.

I assume they will be using this new format going forward

Ok thanks. I was going to put down 2 locations so I'll have to think about this

Ok thanks. I was going to put down 2 locations so I'll have to think about this

Its no harm putting down to two counties if your willing to take ether. I am putting down two counties but I wouldn't mind getting called for either county.

DEASP put up a video for Executive Officer campaign.

https://youtu.be/ULRh_QC3IN8

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

How strict are they with the Leaving Cert results? I'm three years in the Civil service as a CO. It says I need three higher level subjects but only have two.

They'll just discard you if you don't meet one of the minimum requirements.

Hopefully there'll be an internal one for you soon as you'll be able to go for that no problem.

I'd put myself forward for this one as well for the practice alone. You never know, if you do well enough and bring a case to the right people, they may let you in with your CO experience but it usually doesn't apply for the open competition.

Do you have even one year complete of a level 7? You actually only need to have completed the first year to be eligible.

There's an information session at 11 on publicjobs facebook page too

Its no harm putting down to two counties if your willing to take ether. I am putting down two counties but I wouldn't mind getting called for either county.

My first option is Dublin. This will be called a lot quicker than my 2nd option which will drag. i think that alone will make my decision for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭gladerunner

I was allocated a good position in the internal EO panel for Limerick and Tipperary.
    A name hasn't been pulled off that same panel since March and our panel is still expected to expire in December.

It was such rigorous recruitment process , online test at home, then supervised test, then mock interviews to prepare and then trip to Dublin castle for the real deal.
    I was delighted with my position and then Covid happened.
    I was sure they would extend the panels, this new competition seems very unfair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

DEASP put up a video for Executive Officer campaign.

https://youtu.be/ULRh_QC3IN8

Jesus, that's a tough watch.

A 3-4 minute visual video would have hit the spot nicely, they've obviously time to kill.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Does it matter whether you put Dublin as 1st or 2nd choice? Dublin would be my 2nd choice but it's probably unrealistic that there would be many positions in commuter towns.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Happy4

Would anyone know what 2 counties outside Dublin (apart from Kildare) would have the best chance of roles coming up?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 St. Pat

You should qualify through the interdepartmental stream

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

jaffa20 wrote: »
    Does it matter whether you put Dublin as 1st or 2nd choice? Dublin would be my 2nd choice but it's probably unrealistic that there would be many positions in commuter towns.

As far as I can tell, it doesn’t make a difference. I’m assuming that if you picked Dublin as your 2nd choice and you were called for that first you take that.. I’m open to correction..

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭tgdaly

Best of luck to everyone with this campaign, I was lucky enough to be placed last November from the previous campaign, but from the previous thread I can see that some people from other counties placed higher than me didn't even get to interview. Sometimes it's just a bit of a lottery so just do your best and hopefully ye get a bit of a rub of the green

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

tgdaly wrote: »
    Best of luck to everyone with this campaign, I was lucky enough to be placed last November from the previous campaign, but from the previous thread I can see that some people from other counties placed higher than me didn't even get to interview. Sometimes it's just a bit of a lottery so just do your best and hopefully ye get a bit of a rub of the green

Can I ask what county you applied for?

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭tgdaly

job seeker wrote: »
    Can I ask what county you applied for?

I had Kildare first and Offaly 2nd. Ended up getting Kildare

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Gizle

On the PDF form it doesn't seem to have a section B??? I can see two section A. Anyone else having this problem? Also would the Level 6 and 2 years as Clerical Officer role be deemed enough to apply??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 Merrymac

Hi Could someone please clarify if existing CO's applying for the 2020 Interdepartmental Comp Promotion to EO Civil Service need to have 2 years service completed at application date

Advertisement