Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cadetships 2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭mcc_c

SierraLima wrote: »
    Hi mcc_c, around what time yesterday did emails go out? Also have you heard of any rejection emails being sent? I’m still waiting to hear from the air corps myself after online tests.

I got mine late enough, close to 12am! I wouldn't worry just yet some more might come out today, @RCB1A seems to have been given a day for the fitness which I haven't got yet so they might be doing it in increments! Just keep an eye on junk and if you don't hear by tomorrow I'd say throw them an email

• Registered Users Posts: 7 SierraLima

mcc_c wrote: »
    I got mine late enough, close to 12am! I wouldn't worry just yet some more might come out today, @RCB1A seems to have been given a day for the fitness which I haven't got yet so they might be doing it in increments! Just keep an eye on junk and if you don't hear by tomorrow I'd say throw them an email

Just got the email there myself, thanks! I think they’ll start allocating days for fitness/group etc once they have contacted most that have passed stage 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 RCB1A

Sorry if I mislead anyone, I read the Air Corps email wrong and thought we had to choose a day for ourselves between the 13th and 17th and email back which one we would be free for. Oops :o

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Borderland

Anyone except RCB1A get the vetting form? They’re sent by the Garda Vetting Unit which is a separate organisation so just curious! I’ve not heard anything yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 josh1010st

Borderland wrote: »
    Anyone except RCB1A get the vetting form? They’re sent by the Garda Vetting Unit which is a separate organisation so just curious! I’ve not heard anything yet.

I got the Garda vetting form Wednesday too. Also I just got a phone call from Recruitment looking for my Final transcript And I asked about interviews and she said we should know Monday or Tuesday.

• Advertisement

josh1010st wrote: »
    I got the Garda vetting form Wednesday too. Also I just got a phone call from Recruitment looking for my Final transcript And I asked about interviews and she said we should know Monday or Tuesday.

Oh.... What date did you do your group assessment? If I get word an interview I might email about the vetting!

Oh.... What date did you do your group assessment? If I get word an interview I might email about the vetting!

Ah I did the group assessment on July 3rd, I’m sure they would be quick getting back to you re the Garda vetting if you get the interview man ðŸ‘ðŸ»

I just noticed now in the latest Air Corps email (the one that says 13th - 17th) it said to reply to be given a date! Maybe that's why ye haven't gotten one yet?

It said
    Please confirm your ability to attend by email by no later than 1400 on Saturday 11th July and a day will be allocated to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 MountainGoat23

For those who did the fitness test already, do you know if you are allowed wear a watch?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 JohnBoy140

For those who did the fitness test already, do you know if you are allowed wear a watch?

Yep, most lads did.

• Advertisement

RCB1A wrote: »
    I just noticed now in the latest Air Corps email (the one that says 13th - 17th) it said to reply to be given a date! Maybe that's why ye haven't gotten one yet?

It said

Sorry only seeing this now, I replied saying I was available 13th-17th and was given a date. Looking forward to this stage now and will hopefully meet a few of yous in there!

Any idea when we find out if we got an interview or not?

JohnBoy140 wrote: »
    Any idea when we find out if we got an interview or not?

Today or (probably) tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 dylant99

Got my interview email today, Mine's next week

dylant99 wrote: »
    Got my interview email today, Mine's next week

Got mine last night too! Best of luck with yours! Anybody got an idea what it will be like?

Anyone else still waiting on an email? Not looking good tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 22 DannyMac23

JohnBoy140 wrote: »
    Anyone else still waiting on an email? Not looking good tbh

Still waiting to hear back myself, got the Garda vetting email last week and submitted it which was weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 gzaq

DannyMac23 wrote: »
    Still waiting to hear back myself, got the Garda vetting email last week and submitted it which was weird.

Same as myself here, submitted vetting last week but haven’t heard yet.

gzaq wrote: »
    Same as myself here, submitted vetting last week but haven’t heard yet.

A girl I work with knows a bloke that got the “ we regret to inform you “ email last week, around Wednesday/Thursday , so maybe no news is good news, the lads that got the email today or yesterday, what dates did ye do the fitness test/group interview ?

A girl I work with knows a bloke that got the “ we regret to inform you “ email last week, around Wednesday/Thursday , so maybe no news is good news, the lads that got the email today or yesterday, what dates did ye do the fitness test/group interview ?

I got the Air Corps rejection last week as well. Made a balls of the test. I’ve got no Garda vetting form though which is worrying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 TrashyTrackman

What roles did you apply for? Maybe the different roles will be selected at different times.

Also for those who applied for multiple roles, do you know if it is the one interview or is it a seperate interview for each role?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 kiloofkarma

Anyone know what happens first at the air corps fitness and group assessments? Should I arrive in running gear or casual clothes?

What roles did you apply for? Maybe the different roles will be selected at different times.

Also for those who applied for multiple roles, do you know if it is the one interview or is it a seperate interview for each role?

Mine was just Army Line Officer.

Anyone know what happens first at the air corps fitness and group assessments? Should I arrive in running gear or casual clothes?

The way they did it with us was fitness in the morning, then psychometrics, then break, then psychometrics again then group assessments. Surprisingly there is a personality test at the end both pyschometric sessions but I think the second one tests for any mental illnesses because the questions are weird.

Anyone who has done the AC stage 2, how do you feel about it? Some weird psychometrics

• Registered Users Posts: 8 MountainGoat23

Anyone know if there is parking down in the Curragh for visitors doing assessments?

Anyone know if there is parking down in the Curragh for visitors doing assessments?

Yes, plenty of parking.

Anyone get any news today?

Anyone get any news today?

Nothing as of yet.

• Advertisement

Nothing as of yet.

I have a feeling we’re probably on the reserve interview panel, and we’ll be called if other people aren’t available or fail the interview.

Advertisement