Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2018 Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 4thelads

Calls are still going out. I know a guy who got the call 10mins ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Boobysingleton

Got the call

650 to 670

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭NornIron74

Got the call

650 to 670

Congrats Booby, there will be no single ladies left in GV by the time I get in then lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 acnipsni123

Got the call

650 to 670

Congrats! Making their way up the numbers now getting closer lol

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Gonzo94

Congrats!

I hope they put a statistic update up in the next week or so. It would be good to see how many candidates are left after the last few batches of calls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 S2024

Got the call

650 to 670
    Congratulations :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 JC535

Hi first time poster here! My medical was cancelled back in March and I’ve seen some people have been given rescheduled dates but I haven’t received one, anyone else in the same boat?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭SMS19

Anyone else hear of a few people who failed PCA but were under 4:30 getting a call to progress them to Medical and SMT today without having to redo the PCA due to the new standard that's coming in for 2002?

JC535 wrote: »
    Hi first time poster here! My medical was cancelled back in March and I’ve seen some people have been given rescheduled dates but I haven’t received one, anyone else in the same boat?

Might be worth giving Recruitment a call on 101 just to make sure you have not been missed out, stranger things have happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 JC535

Thanks, I think I’ll do that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Tashbash

SMS19 wrote: »
    Anyone else hear of a few people who failed PCA but were under 4:30 getting a call to progress them to Medical and SMT today without having to redo the PCA due to the new standard that's coming in for 2002?

Yeah I did today, but surreal actually! Do you think they’ll progress us straight away or will we be at the end of the queue. My merit score was quite low, in the low 400s

Tashbash wrote: »
    Yeah I did today, but surreal actually! Do you think they’ll progress us straight away or will we be at the end of the queue. My merit score was quite low, in the low 400s

I bet you were buzzing coming off that call.

It's hard to know, I'm sure there would be a fair few people kicking off if recruitment still worked the list in ML order but I'm sure they wont care to much. By the time you get Medical and SMT over you and become appointable the Sept calls may have already gone out.

The main thing is that you're moving to the next stage.

I bet you were buzzing coming off that call.

It's hard to know, I'm sure there would be a fair few people kicking off if recruitment still worked the list in ML order but I'm sure they wont care to much. By the time you get Medical and SMT over you and become appointable the Sept calls may have already gone out.

The main thing is that you're moving to the next stage.
    At this point I’m trying not to get excited as passing everything doesn’t necessarily mean you get a spot and others are still waiting. My vetting should be fine as it was the last time just the medical to go!

I'm sure there would be a fair few people kicking off if recruitment still worked the list in ML order

I would be one of those people kicking off lol

In all seriousness though it’s a good sign looks like they are trying to speed up the process overall so can only be good news... unless I miss the next set of calls fs haha

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭sharon1986

anyone know what the new standard is for 2002 with regards PCA? Is it being done away with as part of recruitment , and then will solely be done at GV before passing out?

Did you fail both attempts at pca? Your medical date should be after those who had theirs cancelled because of covid, would be unfair to have it before them. They must not have the numbers from 1810 to fill the next couple of intakes or they think that 2002 could be suspended for quite a while yet.

sharon1986 wrote: »
    anyone know what the new standard is for 2002 with regards PCA? Is it being done away with as part of recruitment , and then will solely be done at GV before passing out?

It’s 4.30 minutes to pass the pca but you have to pass it in 4 mins at the end of GV

It’s 4.30 minutes to pass the pca but you have to pass it in 4 mins at the end of GV

So it's no longer 3 54 to pass it in?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Shz93

So it's no longer 3 54 to pass it in?

Nope! It’ll be 4:30 going forward with the view of getting it down to 4 mins at GV was my understanding. I got the call today too! Over the moon as I didn’t apply this year and immediately regretted it.

Anyone know the reason for the change? The current target seems passable while still being slightly challenging, 4:30 seems too lenient in my opinion, are they changing the course maybe?

• Advertisement

Anyone know the reason for the change? The current target seems passable while still being slightly challenging, 4:30 seems too lenient in my opinion, are they changing the course maybe?

I had heard a few weeks ago that the time was getting changed to 4mins not 4:30.

Unless due to covid and support sessions being cancelled they are passing anyone who was under 4:30 to get the process moving again? I doubt many people fail a second time after the support sessions.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭W221

Did you do your PCA in August by any chance?

W221 wrote: »
    Did you do your PCA in August by any chance?
    I was invited to an August pca but I couldn’t make it, my first was September and my retest 12 weeks later December I think

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Nhs2018

Well unfortunately for w221 I also got the call and medical date received today for mid July. Anyone else get the call Monday and receive their medical date today?

I had heard within work as Police Staff that Chief Con doesn't see the need for physical element to be passed as part of recruitment as its all done within GV anyway before you pass out, think it's all part of speeding up the process. Anyone able to confirm if that 4.30 or 4 mins is actually confirmed in writing anywhere? Seems lenient in my opinion too but I suppose we can't really complain about fairness - we are in a better position that the ones that had to do the push / pull a few years back too before it was pulled!

I had heard within work as Police Staff that Chief Con doesn't see the need for physical element to be passed as part of recruitment as its all done within GV anyway before you pass out, think it's all part of speeding up the process. Anyone able to confirm if that 4.30 or 4 mins is actually confirmed in writing anywhere? Seems lenient in my opinion too but I suppose we can't really complain about fairness - we are in a better position that the ones that had to do the push / pull a few years back too before it was pulled!

Ah fair enough, seems it would make GV tougher going in not knowing what to expect fitness wise, but any sign of speeding up is good to me. Hopefully trying to boost the number of people appointable for GV going back to full capacity who knows

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭W221

Nhs2018 wrote: »
    Well unfortunately for w221 I also got the call and medical date received today for mid July. Anyone else get the call Monday and receive their medical date today?

Get you in here quick!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Shz93

Do you mean the call in terms of new PCA time?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Nhs2018

Shz93 wrote: »
    Do you mean the call in terms of new PCA time?

Yes. I was awaiting my retest due to injury. So was kind of expecting the call to be my new date.

• Advertisement

Yes. I was awaiting my retest due to injury. So was kind of expecting the call to be my new date.

Injuries*

Advertisement