Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards PW Draft 2020 - Discussion (and Sign Up) Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Toys and games.

Last week, when the UK shut schools, every board game, every jigsaw, every Dungeons and Dragons set, every arts and crafts kit, flew out the door. Flipped from two really poor weeks when we started shutting things down, where people weren't buying much, to last week where everyone was trapped at home and suddenly everyone wanted anything to keep their kids entertained.

As BH said, it's a silver lining at an awful time. And there's a little worry that Amazon aren't letting sellers send stock in currently, so next week could be dire, but at the moment, I know I'm extremely lucky to say business is going very well, considering how many are struggling.

Linky to your store?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Linky to your store?

I super appreciate the sentiment, but I don't share it on here, cause it has my address linked (Amazon require an address to be displayed for return addresses), and I've reasons to want to avoid that on boards :P

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I super appreciate the sentiment, but I don't share it on here, cause it has my address linked (Amazon require an address to be displayed for return addresses), and I've reasons to want to avoid that on boards :P

No worries at all Lord, I wouldnt mind throwing you some business considering Ive a little one. Sure you have my number if you wanna share it that way too. Glad business is doing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

My write-up will be pretty much only the matches. I had most of the show written and cannot find where I saved it. I have one save from earlier in the process but no chance I will

A. Get the time

nor

B. The desire to do it again.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Necro wrote: »
    Ah yeah, I was planning on giving one week maybe reading post deadline.

I suppose I had best ask the question, does anyone want a one week extension on submitting the write ups at this point?

I wouldnt mind a week extension because with this Lockdown i have officially gotten addicted to Netflix and spend most of my time on that. Will aim to get my pre ppv show up this weekend

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I wouldnt mind a week extension because with this Lockdown i have officially gotten addicted to Netflix and spend most of my time on that. Will aim to get my pre ppv show up this weekend

Sure. If there are no objections and since it's Easter I'll give a one week extension until 18th April.

Is that ok with everyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

Happy wiith extension. Not sure if i’ll get a full write up done I’m afraid, but I’ll throw up a PPV card anyway!

Same as Daithi for me.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I'll be posting a close to full PPV anyway. Might not finish every single match based off my current speed of writing but it'll be pretty in depth at the very least.

Anyone here understand Youtube analytics ? This one surprised me

You might have noticed a Youtube video in my build up show called The Worst of WWF in 10mins. I actually made that video about 4 years ago by crudely chopping together different videos for this draft. I ended up not getting the roster I had planned on getting (Hogan, Vince, Pattterson, Snuka etc) so never used it until this year. It has just sat on youtube with about 10 views for those 4 years.

I posted it on the draft thread this year (and nowhere else) on the 23rd of last month... the exact time the video started getting more views. Suddenly the past few days I keep getting emails telling me I have new subscribers (had 0 prior to this) despite the fact that every other video of mine is even older than that one and worse made, back from the boards Efed days.

Now I have 57 subscribers, the video has 174 Comments on it (up from zero ha) and 37,394 views!
    200.gif

edit: might as well include the video

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

+1 on the extension please.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Done, deadline officially extended to April 18th at midnight.

Go enjoy Easter folks... as much as you all can I guess :/

• Registered Users Posts: 84,932 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Done, deadline officially extended to April 18th at midnight.

Go enjoy Easter folks... as much as you all can I guess :/

Thank you Necro and Happy Easter all

• Registered Users Posts: 37,754 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

almost finished my last show but lots of editing needs to be done on both my Word and then changing the fonts/colours on here

Preview post done. Hope to have it posted tomorrow night with images. I hope you all have time to read.

My last show is done and hoping to have it up tonight/tomorrow

Here is my main PPV 'WWC Clash For The Kingdom'

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=113157199&postcount=271

had a great time doing this, best of luck to everyone else :D:D

My Preview post is up

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=113161400&postcount=272

Lots of blood sweat and tears went into this, and not just Ric Flairs!

Hope you all enjoy and can't wait to read other submissions.

Thanks for the extension Necro, which was needed as I don't have as much freetime as I am still working from home; and most of all thanks for talking me into taking part. I think I re-found some of the old fire.

PPV will be up before weeks end and won't be as long.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

I've everything ready, just have to upload it as text. Will only do one post, since COVID 19 has made my work busier than ever!

Gonna upload mine this evening some time and also make a start on reading the other cards.

Apologies for my barebones effort. I had a horse load of stuff written but cannot find it anywhere. I think I might have accidentally saved over it and I honestly have no desire to re-do it despite the extension.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

tenor.gif

Thankfully cos I split it over 2 posts because of number of pics etc half my PPV is in the can but I just lost so much due to my computer crapping out on me when stuff was not saved!

Gonna have to re-write all the Vince/Trump related stuff / matches now and fear the other bits (primarily the tag team situation) from that half of the PPV might be bare bones as I usually have very little time each day for myself atm.

• Advertisement

I have two matches written and am pushed for time so I'm likely going to have to do very bare bones for the rest myself. Weirdly struggling this year when normally I love the write ups portion.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

What was the new deadline date?

Lord TSC wrote:
    What was the new deadline date?

This Saturday, 18th :D

This Saturday, 18th :D

Oh Can you be a dear and extend it until Sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Can I second that request? Working from home wasn't too bad but I'm after getting a lot of tasks the last couple days

Sure, no problem.

Let's say midnight Sunday the 19th.

I'll then allow a week or so for reading before I open the voting.

Sure, no problem.

Let's say midnight Sunday the 19th.

I'll then allow a week or so for reading before I open the voting.

Cheers Necro. A week should be plenry of time

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

What's the story with regards announcers? Are they eligible to everybody?

I am doing a Hogan promo on my PPV so I'm wondering if I can do the 'You know something, Mean Gene' line.

If not, I'll improvise. Mean Oisin maybe. :pac:

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

What's the story with regards announcers? Are they eligible to everybody?

I think if they weren't drafted they're communal property. So if 12 of us want Michael Cole commentating as an eg then that's fine imo. Similar for undrafted backstage people like Mean Gene.

• Advertisement

Just keep yer greasy mitts off Gorilla and Ventura.

Advertisement