Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mr Inbetween [FX]

• 26-09-2018 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37,484 ✭✭✭✭

Watched the first two episodes of this and I'd recommend it to everyone. It's for adults only of course and centred around a hitman type lead character.

Damon Herriman(Dewy Crowe in Justified) is back in the Oz for this one too. I'm impressed and looking forward to more episodes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Delta2113

On 9 October 2018, FX and Foxtel renewed the series for a second season which premiered on 12 September 2019.

So much content available these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,981 ✭✭✭Unearthly

This is on my to watch list. Heard great things

• Registered Users Posts: 37,484 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I've three episodes of the second season left to watch, excellent show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

Never heard of this.
    495993.png

Full reviews are singing its praises.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Never heard of this.

It's also 8.2 on IMDb but has has only 3k reviews which is very low. Obviously hasn't got the audience yet, but I'll definitely give it a try!

• Advertisement

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Just finished season 1 now it’s excellent
    Watched the first one, and really liked its low-key realism; director does a great job- Nash Edgerton, Joel's brother. Convinced the wife to start watching it so we can watch it together, but still waiting- I'm a Celebrity GMOOH is getting in the way.:mad:

Just finished season 2. Characters of some developed a bit, great show.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,817 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I did not know Damon Herriman was Australian :o

JP Liz V1 wrote:
    I did not know Damon Herriman was Australian
    Well then you've another treat to watch called Love my Way.

Managed to get the wife to watch the first two episodes, but Scott Ryan's character, Ray, was too dour to excuse the violence for her.
    I carried on though, up to episode 4 now. What's not to like about an amiable psychopath with a direct and honest approach to everything? There's more comedic element to this in the pathos around Ray than in his American namesake's fixer/thug for hire, so far. In this low-rent Australian version, our hero/anti-hero just wants a quiet uncomplicated life- in the Australian underbelly. Great stuff.

• Advertisement

OmegaGene wrote:
    Series 2 episode 9 was intense compared to the previous episodes
    Yeah its very dark.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭ondafly

really really really enjoyed this. 2 seasons flew by. Brilliant TV. Curb Your Enthusiasm meets Ray Donovan. Please let there be a season 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Loved the first series of this, but the second was outstanding!

And Bon Iver's The Wolves was the perfect closing song too.

No news on a renewal! :(

Great show; based on Scott Ryan's mockumentary:

505612.png

• Registered Users Posts: 84,817 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Mr Inbetween starts on FOX UK on Thursday October 29th at 10pm

Fun little show to breeze through with the episodes being so short at less than 30 mintues each and 17 episodes across the 2 seasons.

Season 3 is supposed to come out in 2021 - it was only announced to go ahead at the end of May 2020.

Assuming normal tv filming gets back on schedule etc.

if you like the dark side of something like Breaking Bad you would like this show imo

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

Anyone else been watching this
    If you can get past the Aussie accents its really good
    Its about a hitman/bouncer/enforcer and his day to day life
    Its a dark comedy so there's some violence in it with some levity

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,196 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Threads merged.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Breezing through this over the Christmas, up to midway in season 2 now. Honestly, one of the best things I've watched in the last year or two. Scott Ryan is just so completely watchable and believable. They really nail the balance of the grim and the trivial day-to-day stuff.
    I know the overall premise is really nothing knew at all, it borrows heavily from The Sopranos and Tarantino, but it's executed so well that it doesn't matter. Hell, even any plot doesn't really matter (as fun as they can be sometimes) as it's really all just about digging into Ray, his principles, and his interactions with family & friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

It's excellent, is there any plans for another season?

• Advertisement

yabadabado wrote: »
    It's excellent, is there any plans for another season?
    Scott Ryan has been indicating early next year via IG replies - according to the show's subreddit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭cozar

Started watching this a few weeks ago. It’s excellent quite funny but very dark. S2 ep 9 was superb. Definitely in my top 5 of tv shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

Just to echoes others comments on this thread, I've watched the show when it aired there on Fox recently and it was superb. Definitely one of the best shows I've seen all year. Really deserves more attention. Everyone is excellent. I loved the mix of violence, comedy and pathos. Brilliant juggling of tones throughout. It reminded me a little of how Barry so carefully managed to dance between tones and genres, although this is a much more straight faced "realistic" sort of show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Just finished season 2. Jesus.
    That was devastating. Even though the series had been building up to it and not trying to hide what was coming, it didn't lessen the impact. Very sad to see the brother go, he provided real heart to the show and such a great performance by the actor.
    Hopefully this gets a bit more recognition, some of the acting deserves it.
    I think the one thing that really sets this appart from other "criminals and their day to day life" shows is that the family stuff is every bit as entertaining and interesting as the underworld bits. His daughter in particular is hilarious.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Really enjoyed this too. It went to some very dark places in the second season, in particular:
    the episode where his daughter's friend is taken by a paedophile
    . And yet it manages to also be funny and make him genuinely likeable. Definitely gone under the radar.

Oh hell yeah..

Less than a month away..

Basq wrote:
    Less than a month away..

Can't wait.

Back tomorrow May 25

2 eps to start then 1 a week.

9 in total

Final season

First 5 ep names and release dates ->

1 "Coulda Shoulda" 25 May 2021
    2 "Champ" 25 May 2021
    3 "All I Ever Wanted" 1 June 2021
    4 "Cut the Crap Princess" 8 June 2021
    5 "Before I Went to War" 15 June

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭moby2101

Can’t wait!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭moby2101

Great opening 2 episodes, this has the be one of the best shows on TV.

Advertisement