Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cher 3 Arena November 01st 2019

• 11-12-2018 9:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭

Just announced, tickets on sale December 14th.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,379 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I'm sure tickets will be extortionate but I am fierce tempted!!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,828 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

The only decent seats left are 180 each......
    Pretty surprised there still a good chunk of tickets left even at that price, they been on sale since 10am, and pre sale from weds.

i am just not fussed at that price...but it is Cher...

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭shar01

gmisk wrote: »

This is what I'm thinking - it's Cher. I didn't pull the trigger on Rolling Stones tixs earlier this year and it was a good concert by all accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,407 ✭✭✭Tow

When they went on sale there were non available. After 15 min some at the very back became available... At 181 each. By 12:30 i got some a on row 11 of the first blocks. Certainly some shenanigans going on.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

Tow wrote: »
    When they went on sale there were non available. After 15 min some at the very back became available... At 181 each. By 12:30 i got some a on row 11 of the first blocks. Certainly some shenanigans going on.
    I think I did same as you....went on at 1245 and got decent seats in Block A...not cheap...but it should be a fun show and might not be another chance to see her live!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84,967 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

gmisk wrote: »
    The only decent seats left are 180 each......
    Pretty surprised there still a good chunk of tickets left even at that price, they been on sale since 10am, and pre sale from weds.

That is dear even for Cher

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

One of my brothers asked me to get him tickets as he was at a meeting at 10am.
    Nothing for €86, nothing for €126 and only Block P at €181.
    Didn't bother, see there's now €126 tickets available but nothing great around.
    I know it is Cher but those prices are bit over the top!

One of my brothers asked me to get him tickets as he was at a meeting at 10am.
    Nothing for €86, nothing for €126 and only Block P at €181.
    Didn't bother, see there's now €126 tickets available but nothing great around.
    I know it is Cher but those prices are bit over the top!
    The pricing does seem a bit all over the shop.
    There are still nose bleeds in N and M for 126 just checked.
    Lots of seats left at 181, including block A and G.

The prices are horrendous but I know I would regret it if I didnt get tickets tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,539 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Tow wrote: »

Yes,Ticketmaster are using dynamic pricing for her gigs in the UK and Ireland .
    Basically the price is changing with demand.
    So when tickets went on sale at 9am most of the tickets were 181 euro plus fees,now some of these are 126 euro plus fees.

Its an utter scam .

All the best seats have been held back for VIP and platinum sales.

The way for people to counter this is to refrain from buying now ,the gig is almost a year away and there will be plenty more seats released in the interim and most of them will be good seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Interesting, I see they are all 181 at the moment.

Seats 3rd row from the VERY back

Section BLOCKL Row 50
    Full Price Ticket
    €181.00 ea
    Section BLOCKL Row 51
    Full Price Ticket
    €181.00 ea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭wacotaco

Zardoz wrote: »
    Yes,Ticketmaster are using dynamic pricing for her gigs in the UK and Ireland .
    Basically the price is changing with demand.
    So when tickets went on sale at 9am most of the tickets were 181 euro plus fees,now some of these are 126 euro plus fees.

Its an utter scam .

All the best seats have been held back for VIP and platinum sales.

The way for people to counter this is to refrain from buying now ,the gig is almost a year away and there will be plenty more seats released in the interim and most of them will be good seats.

Is there proof dynamic pricing was used for this event or did the cheaper tickets sell out? A report from June said TM has no plans to introduce DP. https://www.thejournal.ie/ticketmaster-dynamic-pricing-4126544-Jul2018/

The Platinum thing is getting out of hand now. They've started to hold back not only the best seats but also regular standing tickets for hiked up prices. Noel Rock has blasted the secondary markets but not a word said about TM.

wacotaco wrote: »
    Is there proof dynamic pricing was used for this event or did the cheaper tickets sell out? A report from June said TM has no plans to introduce DP. https://www.thejournal.ie/ticketmaster-dynamic-pricing-4126544-Jul2018/

Yes

https://twitter.com/platultimate/status/1073554439921909760

I noticed it myself for her Manchester gig.
    Back row tickets in the upper tier were more expensive in the presale ,exact same seats.
    The Platinum thing is getting out of hand now. They've started to hold back not only the best seats but also regular standing tickets for hiked up prices. Noel Rock has blasted the secondary markets but not a word said about TM.
    Noel Rock is just a publicity seeker,anything to get on the radio and spout his sensationalist nonsense.

Ticketmasters face value resale system launched in the UK last week .
    As an example £125 face value tickets have an additional 29% booking fee added on.

https://twitter.com/wearenotjames/status/1073996640548196352

• Registered Users Posts: 10,615 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

As an example £125 face value tickets have an additional 29% booking fee added on.

Massive but not as dear as buying from a secondary site.
    There was no way T/M has going to give up Seatwaves fees easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭boyznoise

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Massive but not as dear as buying from a secondary site.
    There was no way T/M has going to give up Seatwaves fees easily.

Cher hasn't sold out, if it had those TM prices platinum etc would be double what they are now

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

example of ones on sale at the moment. there were no 126 ones the other day

Section BLOCKG Row 25
    Full Price Ticket
    €181.00 ea
    Section BLOCKG Row 27
    Full Price Ticket
    €181.00 ea
    Section BLOCKG Row 28
    Full Price Ticket
    €181.00 ea
    Section BLOCKA Row 21
    Full Price Ticket
    €181.00 ea
    Section BLOCKA Row 22
    Full Price Ticket
    €181.00 ea
    Section BLOCKA Row 23
    Full Price Ticket
    €181.00 ea

Section BLOCKN Row 46
    Full Price Ticket
    €126.00 ea
    Section BLOCKN Row 47
    Full Price Ticket
    €126.00 ea
    Section BLOCKN Row 48
    Full Price Ticket
    €126.00 ea
    Section BLOCKN Row 49
    Full Price Ticket
    €126.00 ea
    Section BLOCKN Row 50
    Full Price Ticket
    €126.00 ea

• Registered Users Posts: 10,615 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

I notice they never put the seat numbers when they have tickets after the day of sale.
    Blocks A & G would be fine if you are in the end of those rows hitting Blocks B & F.
    I'd guess most of those tickets would be around the edges and at €181 each,
    not cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭sabrewulf

when you click buy on the ones without seat numbers you can see the exact seats before paying.

sabrewulf wrote: »
    when you click buy on the ones without seat numbers you can see the exact seats before paying.
    This is spot on.
    BTW i got my tickets in the post already from ticketmaster! Very unusual, but handy to have something to put in the old christmas card

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Went to this tonight and even though I am delighted I got to see the legend that is Cher on what is more than likely to be her farewell tour I was hugely underwhelmed.

Sang a song or 2 and then a costume change which took at least 5 minutes each time and this happened for the whole show give or take.The show lasted about 80 minutes in total which says it all about why the long costume changes did my head in!

This for me killed any buzz or momentum that the concert had as anytime the excitement increased a costume change killed it dead.

The highlights were obviously her biggest hits and they were obviously great.Just a pity she didn't sing more.

It's funny reading how much practically everyone on social media loved it.I must of been at a different concert especially as a good few round me were complaining about the same thing as me!

Must be said she looked amazing for 73 years old as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,975 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Went to this tonight and even though I am delighted I got to see the legend that is Cher on what is more than likely to be her farewell tour I was hugely underwhelmed.

Sang a song or 2 and then a costume change which took at least 5 minutes each time and this happened for the whole show give or take.The show lasted about 80 minutes in total which says it all about why the long costume changes did my head in!

This for me killed any buzz or momentum that the concert had as anytime the excitement increased a costume change killed it dead.

The highlights were obviously her biggest hits and they were obviously great.Just a pity she didn't sing more.

It's funny reading how much practically everyone on social media loved it.I must of been at a different concert especially as a good few round me were complaining about the same thing as me!

Must be said she looked amazing for 73 years old as well!

You have to remember that she is probably about 20% of the original Cher at this stage.

• Advertisement

At 73 they were more lightly rest brakes, and more swigs of her 'Dr Pepper'. :-)

I don't know what the RTE 2 DJ added, with her ample form bopping up and down on the video screens. At first I thought she what she was listening to on her head phones was not what we heard on the PA, until she did one small scratch. Does she talk on 2FM?

Poor old Paul Young, he looked old. In his day he could have packed out The Point several times over. As he said himself you have 45 minutes of me before the main act.

Cher was good, but short. I thought there was going to be an encore. One thing I noticed was no introduction/thanks to any of the band or dancers etc.

Did I spot Leo in the middle of the front row?

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

I'd looked at her setlists earlier on in the tour and noticed that she only sang 15 songs and there were lots of breaks for costume changes so I decided against going.

200 euro for an 80 minute show is a sick joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,445 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Zardoz wrote: »
    I'd looked at her setlists earlier on in the tour and noticed that she only sang 15 songs and there were lots of breaks for costume changes so I decided against going.

200 euro for an 80 minute show is a sick joke.

Were the tickets 200?! :eek:

The Nal wrote: »
    Were the tickets 200?! :eek:

Not far from it. The touts were offering €50 to one fellow who wanted €300 for two. I don't know what they finally settled at or resold them for.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,285 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

She definitely still scrubs up well....

494314.jpg

494315.jpg

(She's 17 years older than my avatar!)

Advertisement