Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,418 ✭✭✭✭banie01

dinorebel wrote: »
    You could always use the straps as an excuse to buy another watch

#Wibbs would

I've already bought an extra watch today ;)
    Anymore buys and the wife will literally kill me.
    But I am very happy with the deal closed out today and can't bloody wait to get my greasy mitts on my (new to me) Sinn U2 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

Got a Jubilee bracelet for my SRPC23J1 turtle.
    Very comfortable. Along with the coin edge bezel, it gives it a vintage look IMO.

s3EEdfch.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

Seiko chronograph today.

IMG-20190903-103505061.jpg

I'm not getting along with this too well. The dial is much more cream coloured than the image suggests and it's not that legible at a quick glance. If only it had different coloured hands.

This may head into the watch freebie thread we have.

hitemfrank wrote: »

I'm not getting along with this too well. The dial is much more cream coloured than the image suggests and it's not that legible at a quick glance. If only it had different coloured hands.

Would replacing the hands or repainting them make a difference for you?
    It really is IMO a lovely piece, I do see what you mean regarding its legibility tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭B-D-P--

Seiko chronograph today.

I really like it, Wouldnt be too quick to give it away if I were you. You may grow to like it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

I see what you mean though, that would piss me off too. Otherwise a lovely piece. An orange lume would look great.

banie01 wrote: »
    Would replacing the hands or repainting them make a difference for you?
    It really is IMO a lovely piece, I do see what you mean regarding its legibility tho.

I'm thinking about replacing them as an option. It's just that sourcing and fittings new hands might be more effort than I'm willing to put in.

I'd need to get the tools too.

I'm thinking about replacing them as an option. It's just that sourcing and fittings new hands might be more effort than I'm willing to put in.

I'd need to get the tools too.

If it was my piece, I'd look into it.
    Look at this way, if you are considering giving it away it's the perfect piece to learn and practice those skills on ;)

It really is a very nice watch and a simple hand mod could make all the difference for your enjoyment of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,810 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Seiko seem to have a whole range of 100m quartz chronographs varying for 100 quid to 350 quid - various styles but basically a 2 button chrono with date on a bracelet.

I can't seem to differentiate between them or identify why one would be 3 times the cost of the other. - Admittedly the solar ones are dearer alright which is fair enough but, other than that - what could it be?

I guess I'm off to try find replacement hands for the 7T92 movement.

If anyone knows of somewhere with hand dimensions for these movements let me know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭dinorebel

I guess I'm off to try find replacement hands for the 7T92 movement.

If anyone knows of somewhere with hand dimensions for these movements let me know.

#Wibbs knows

Hand Sizes 1.10mm / 0.65mm / 0.20mm for chrono and subdials

Thanks. I was on that site earlier and missed it somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 scurran19

Normally just come in here to admire the rare and expensive stuff but thought I'd share today. This arrived recently to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the moon landing.

489819.png

Now that's a lovely quirky piece, thanks for sharing. As far as I can see most people on here just enjoy seeing different watches. You'll sometimes get the odd dick that'll comment adversely (I did) but in the majority they're an appreciative bunch.
    Frighteningly knowledgeable too.

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

scurran19 wrote: »
    Normally just come in here to admire the rare and expensive stuff but thought I'd share today. This arrived recently to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the moon landing.

Now that's what i call a lume shot!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 scurran19

Time wrote: »
    scurran19 wrote: »

Now that's what i call a lume shot!
    Its not so much lume as its a kind of back light they call indiglo. Its triggered when the crown is pressed. In fairness its a nice little trick with some features on the face only visible when it's illuminated.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭Jude13

d63p9fH.jpg

Hope the above works, my photobucket free account is full. I missed a great opportunity when I landed at my destination as beside us was a Korean air plane which has the pepsi logo on the tail, but there was a lady sitting beside me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭ArphaRima

fPDaL60h.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭micks_address

fluffer wrote: »
    Snip
    Very cool

Seiko SNKP23

IMG-20190910-091006634.jpg

I like a square cased watch and the blue sun burst dial looks great. The clasp on this is junk soon I'll either replace it or the bracelet. The watch seems much taller in the picture than on the wrist.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Oh me likee H. :) I love a square case of the 70's style myself.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

00100l-PORTRAIT-00100-BURST20190910145409047-COVER-01.jpg

Got my Sinn back :D
    I'm actually a little bit in lust with it TBH.

Hands all reset, serviced and pressure tested.
    The rubber strap is extremely comfortable, the diver extension opens a little too easily but that's an easy fix.

490417.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭duckmusic

Invicta Pro Diver 8926ob after a swim in the Irish Sea. My first mechanical watch I got 10 years ago and still getting worn.

IMG-20190914-151110-1.jpg

I don't understand the dislike of invicta by some. Sure they make same gaudy stuff, as do rolex, but they are good quality and the likes of that diver are really good looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

This arrived. To Be Honest i'm a small bit worried as it looks miles better that i expected, condition wise.

490732.jpg

aidankkk wrote: »
    This arrived. To Be Honest i'm a small bit worried as it looks miles better that i expected, condition wise.

If you don't want it.... ;)
    Seriously well wear, its IMO a lovely piece and deserves to be loved.
    The issue around condition being too good, I have zero experience to offer an opinion but one of the regular Russian experts may have a clue?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

banie01 wrote: »
    If you don't want it.... ;)
    Seriously well wear, its IMO a lovely piece and deserves to be loved.
    The issue around condition being too good, I have zero experience to offer an opinion but one of the regular Russian experts may have a clue?

On a closer look, there is loads of legitimate looking scratches, everywhere except glass which is nice. Not sure i've spend a better €150 in a long time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement