Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 2 transfer thread.

• 09-08-2019 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39,478 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Wildy activated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,078 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Everyone bring in Origi please.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

I see 7 people have already transferred in the Club Brugge keeper Simon Mignolet :eek::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 39,478 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Benimar wrote: »
    I see 7 people have already transferred in the Club Brugge keeper Simon Mignolet :eek::pac:

I started the Ipswich Town keeper Will Norris today

• Registered Users Posts: 42,078 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

It takes all sorts, I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Leitner at 4.5m (midfielder) look a bright player. Smashed the crossbar.

Might start ahead of McLean next game, at home to Newcastle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,199 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Chesty08 wrote: »

Cantwell is 4.5 too. Could be a few gems in there for the wildcard.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Cantwell is 4.5 too. Could be a few gems in there for the wildcard.

Yeah they play nice attacking football. Will defo cause problems against teams around them

• Registered Users Posts: 48,129 ✭✭✭✭km79

They could be a rich source of cheap attacking points based on tonight's evidence
    Will not be going near their defence though :D

Hoping to bank. If Alisons injury is longish term I will be moving VVD on soon. It was always in my mind anyway based on preseaon and the fact they had apparently far outperformed their expected goals against last season..........

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I think the only way to explain these things is that some people must be playing a version where they are trying to get fewest points or who can get the lowest team value or something. Nothing else makes sense!

7 out of 5 million not paying attention is pretty good tbf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,078 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Harsh yellow card but he looks like the type that will be a card magnet. If Norwich are as open and attacking as that, there'll be some value there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,910 ✭✭✭normanoffside

KevIRL wrote: »
    Wildy activated

Madness

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Hoping to hold. Have a million in the bank and would like to be able to make 2 transfers in GW3 to get on any bandwagon/fix any mistakes I’ve made.

Could all go out the window depending on what happens tomorrow but I like the concept..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭touts

Assuming no injuries then the plan is Robertson to Laporte. King to Origi on Sunday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,326 ✭✭✭macraignil

Currently considering Robertson to van Dijk. That extra .5mil could be important as I've left nothing in the bank but will wait to see how some of the other games work out.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,238 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

macraignil wrote: »
    Currently considering Robertson to van Dijk. That extra .5mil could be important as I've left nothing in the bank but will wait to see how some of the other games work out.

Crazy move

After 1 game of Robertson bombing forward you’re jumping on Van Dijk

• Registered Users Posts: 22,199 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

touts wrote: »
    Assuming no injuries then the plan is Robertson to Laporte. King to Origi on Sunday night.

Do yourself a favour and don't do either of those moves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

Probably a boring bank, unless a 4.5m starting striker emerges.

Or if Pope doesn't play I'll need a GK asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

touts wrote: »
    Do yourself a favour and don't do either of those moves.

I was a bit frustrated by Robertson today myself but will hold him,

Getting Origi in is another transfer waiting to happen when you'll need to sell him again when Mane becomes a starter.
    Josh King is likely on penalties and nailed on with good fixtures, a much safer pick long term.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,326 ✭✭✭macraignil

callaway92 wrote: »
    Crazy move

After 1 game of Robertson bombing forward you’re jumping on Van Dijk

Thanks for the opinion on the move. Might be better to keep Robertson for a bit longer but van Dijk also looks like a good option. He got an assist in the community cup and a goal today and was close to a bonus point. Not sure which one of them will end up with the higher points at the end of the season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Brian201888

Will be shipping out VVD for Adrian I'd imagine, can't ignore that cheap a way into the Liverpool team even if they won't be as solid without Alisson

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Will be shipping out VVD for Adrian I'd imagine, can't ignore that cheap a way into the Liverpool team even if they won't be as solid without Alisson

I think that’s a bit nuts tbh. You are costing yourself 4 points to start with, and possibly another hit to replace Adrian once Alisson is fit (which might be only 3 games due to the international break)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Brian201888

We'll wait for news on the injury but Klopp talking about a pop doesn't sound good at all, that could be his season.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,601 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Barring injuries over the next 2 days, Tielemans was the one player on my team I wasn't completely convinced about going with. I'll watch the players tomorrow and then Tielemans on Sunday and figure out if I want to hit an early bandwagon or bank.

• Alisson out of 53k teams already.

Ederson in for 30k of those.

DDG in for 8k of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

If the injury keeps him out for a few weeks or more, Alisson should have a bit of a drop off in price given his high ownership.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    If the injury keeps him out for a few weeks or more, Alisson should have a bit of a drop off in price given his high ownership.

Cavan man always thinking of money!

Very valid point though and hadn't thought about it. Could do an ederson to alisson to save a .1 or .2

• Registered Users Posts: 5,435 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Might downgrade Robertson if Allison i out for a few weeks as I already have VVD and doubling up with Adrian in goals is not ideal.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,129 ✭✭✭✭km79

Might downgrade Robertson if Allison i out for a few weeks as I already have VVD and doubling up with Adrian in goals is not ideal.

I have both and it will be Vvd to go for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,562 ✭✭✭patmac

Unless I have other problems Kane to Auba is still the plan.

Advertisement