Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madeleine McCann

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭maebee

Accident happened, parents hid body
    Maybe Gerry's accomplice was Amaral, did you ever think of that? Local knowledge and all the rest. Who better than a police officer?

I've been following this case since May 4th 2007 and have heard every possible theory since then, but this is a new one. Thanks for this Tristen Hissing Typhoon. You should share it with Operation Grange and the PJ

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Trekker09 wrote: »
    Wow, were in the presence of someone who has never made a mistake!!!

Jesus wept is right.

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Something Else
    H....................L...................S

Horseslips?

Have you all watched this :- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0AuBVd7NjM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

She wandered out herself, something happened (car accident/paedo)
    Mod note

Just a reminder, no discussing live Irish cases

thanks pc7

• Advertisement

As above

• Registered Users Posts: 7,506 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

Something Else
    And again.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Farty88

She was drugged kidnapped and never found
    Maybe she died
    Gerry and the wife as doctors disposed of the body
    Then played up media interest and covered up the perfect crime ????
    Or
    Maybe she never existed
    Gerry and the wife for media attention and money masterminded the perfect scam
    Or
    Some pervert 1 of a dozen living in the area at that time could of done the unthinkable
    Or
    It's all a conspiracy Kate and gerry in some cult gave the kid away as a sacrifice but when it was too late to go back and to get cops and media involved just to make themselves look good and keep themselves away from been suspects

Regardless of what theories we throw up in this thread none could ever explain or come near to what happened but hopefully the truth will come out eventually.

I wonder if the Maddie 9.au podcast will force the full reanalysis of the DNA samples. It's shocking that Operation grange wouldn't agree to have it completed but the PJ seem a more likey bet.

I won't give away Marks concluding theory. Rather thank him for his excellent analysis of the case.

On the DNA there is another case where a podcast successfully resulted in closing a cold case. There is still hope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

OwlsZat wrote: »
    I wonder if the Maddie 9.au podcast will force the full reanalysis of the DNA samples. It's shocking that Operation grange wouldn't agree to have it completed but the PJ seem a more likey bet.

I won't give away Marks concluding theory. Rather thank him for his excellent analysis of the case.

On the DNA there is another case where a podcast successfully resulted in closing a cold case. There is still hope.

What's Mark concluding theory?

Interest to hear it

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,987 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

You can spoiler his conclusion that way posters can choose to view it or not if that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I've just finished the Maddie podcast.

I found it extensive and balanced, similar to Richard Hall but only in depth in certain subjects.

The main part I take away from it is, until the dna notes are examined again, there will be no answer.

I always found that part the most fudged and unclear in other documentaries, but it was explained fully here.

Mark's conclusion is pretty much the same as Richard Hall's but with a slightly different time line.

Accident, body hidden.

Both still highlight David Payne as a person to be examined further.

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    I've just finished the Maddie podcast.

I found it extensive and balanced, similar to Richard Hall but only in depth in certain subjects.

The main part I take away from it is, until the dna notes are examined again, there will be no answer.

I always found that part the most fudged and unclear in other documentaries, but it was explained fully here.

Mark's conclusion is pretty much the same as Richard Hall's but with a slightly different time line.

Accident, body hidden.

Both still highlight David Payne as a person to be examined further.

There is no plausible reason not to fully review the DNA evidence...

Agree fully the podcast was excellent. The media should be continuing to put the pressure on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Something Else
    Is the podcast just called "Maddie" with a photo of her face with a red background?

Ann22 wrote: »
    Is the podcast just called "Maddie" with a photo of her face with a red background?

It is indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭je551e

Something Else
    Just finished the Podcast and like above comments it’s very good . the DNA being reanalysed is the only way to go now but the resistance to this only adds more questions.

After listening to this and watching the Netflix documentary it has opened my eyes to the fact we live in a world that inhabits some amount of monsters!

je551e wrote: »
    Just finished the Podcast and like above comments it’s very good . the DNA being reanalysed is the only way to go now but the resistance to this only adds more questions.

After listening to this and watching the Netflix documentary it has opened my eyes to the fact we live in a world that inhabits some amount of monsters!

There isn't a single good reason not to do the cutting edge DNA sample review. I can understand why Scotland yard wouldn't to oust the McCanns but why not the PJ?

Feels like there was a huge international relations effort in this. One where we will never be privy to the details.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,728 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

OwlsZat wrote: »
    There isn't a single good reason not to do the cutting edge DNA sample review. I can understand why Scotland yard wouldn't to oust the McCanns but why not the PJ?

Feels like there was a huge international relations effort in this. One where we will never be privy to the details.

There might be a very good reason, in that the material may no longer exist as it was used up in the original test.

I remember from the Meredith Kercher murder investigation in Italy that a minute sample of blood was obtained from a knife and that it couldn't be retested because it was consumed in the test.

cnocbui wrote: »
    There might be a very good reason, in that the material may no longer exist as it was used up in the original test.

I remember from the Meredith Kercher murder investigation in Italy that a minute sample of blood was obtained from a knife and that it couldn't be retested because it was consumed in the test.

The sample being used up isn't an issue here. For the analysis the lab needs the DNA profiles for all involved and the results of the original analysis.

It's a mathematical / probability based analysis that doesn't actually repeat analyzing the sample itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Something Else
    Listened to the Podcast. It was riveting...I was walking about like a zombie with my headphones on and my mouth agape.
    The article in the Sun with the report on the failure of the so called up to date DNA testing was I strongly suspect put in there by Clarence Mitchell in retaliation to the Podcast. Wtf were they involved in that there are so many important people protecting them.
    Waiting to hear about the evil German scapegoat!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

The parents did it
    Which podcast have people been listening to?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,987 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Someone posted one here called Maddie, very well done

• Registered Users Posts: 8,271 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/10455887/madeleine-mccann-chief-suspect-not-martin-ney/

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Technophobe

• Registered Users Posts: 8,271 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

blocked here..what does it say?
    Here
    FORMER Portuguese police chief Goncalo Amaral has revealed a German paedophile suspected over Madeleine McCann’s disappearance is not Martin Ney.

The ex-cop sparked speculation Ney was the prime suspect after saying in an interview earlier this year investigators were focusing on a German paedophile in prison.

Madeleine disappeared days before her fourth birthday in May 2007 after parents Kate and Gerry left their children in their apartment in Praia da Luz.

Amaral was the officer initially in charge of the investigation and made the McCann's "arguidos" - or official suspects - before he was sacked from the case.

In his interview with an Australian podcast, he mentioned the possibility of a German paedophile being responsible - but he didn’t mention 49-year-old Hamburg-born child strangler Ney by name.

Instead he described the suspect only as someone who had been ruled out of the investigation into the missing British youngster in 2008 but later jailed in his home country.

Now Amaral, the original lead investigator in the case, has now said the suspect isn’t Ney, who was jailed for life in 2012 for abducting and murdering three children, and sexually abusing dozens more.

When he was shown a photo of him on Spanish TV, Amaral responded: “It can’t be him.”

“A paedophile who is German and serving life for killing children has been spoken about,” he told a show about missing adults and children.

“What I know is that the suspect is not him, it’s another man. He’s also in prison in Germany. He’s also a paedophile.”

In a bizarre twist, Amaral said the suspect looks similar to Madeleine’s dad Gerry before saying that Ney bears no resemblance to him.

The slur comes after years of legal wrangling between the former police chief and the missing youngster’s parents over his book ‘The Truth of the Lie.’

He claims in the controversial 2008 book that Gerry and Kate McCann had covered up their daughter’s accidental death in their holiday apartment.

The McCanns have made a last-ditch attempt to the European Court of Human Rights after losing a libel fight against Mr Amaral in Portugal.

Last year Amaral claimed MI5 spies had helped to cover up Madeleine’s death and disappearance.

He said British secret agents “for sure had an involvement” in an Australian documentary which aired in April 2018.

The McCanns have repeatedly said the fake accusations against them have harmed the search for Madeleine.

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭chases0102

Something Else
    Just listened to the 'Maddy' Podcast, after a recommendation from a friend. Very good.

What's the best documentary out there on this case? I understand the Netflix one is very poor, and not worth watching.

chases0102 wrote: »
    Just listened to the 'Maddy' Podcast, after a recommendation from a friend. Very good.

What's the best documentary out there on this case? I understand the Netflix one is very poor, and not worth watching.

I thought the Netflix one was quite good. Only one way to find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭chases0102

Something Else
    Cheers!

I wonder when the British cops will allow the Dr to assist with analysing the DNA evidence. It will be a cold day in hell...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭CPTM

I found the Netflix one to be too detailed and long tbh, containing loads of things I found to be irrelevant. There was a strange guy trying to help too much who became a suspect. They went into a lot of detail with him, and his colleagues, and when they started giving details of his colleague's family it was just overkill.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement