Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funny

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

reddit stolen from.

klyvnaz9cnw21.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,905 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Untitled-28-5cd17bb444f3d__700.webp

• Registered Users Posts: 23,105 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

cYBJ54r.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

• Registered Users Posts: 16,020 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Guess which two things from episode 4 this week's Wooden Plank cartoon picked up on:pac:

https://www.woodenplankstudios.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/web.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

Just found this pretty nifty AI prose generator from OpenAI, went live yesterday. Put in a sentence and it generates the next few paragraphs. I entered the pivotal scene with Bran and the Night King from E03 to see what it would come up with (my prompt is in italics, AI takes it from there)...
    The Night King stood in front of Bran, looking at him with what seemed like a mix of indifference and contempt. Bran, a helpless figure in his wheelchair in front of the weirwood tree, returned his gaze with a cold stare, and that's when the Night King knew something wasn't right.

"Bran! Are you alright?" Bran asked hesitantly, looking at the tree like it was a mortal who didn't know how to tell the difference between man and beast. The Night King nodded to himself, nodding to Bran as he walked by. The Night King stared at his own reflection in the hole of the tree until it was almost as far away as before. "I am. I didn't mean to hurt you, Bran." The Night King said, staring at Bran. "But I didn't know that..." Bran whispered through his tears. The Night King nodded slowly, and then he was gone.
    Can't tell if it's better or worse than what actually happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Jesus, that's pretty freaky. I know it doesn't make perfect sense but....
    Time stood still as Cersei stared down the Dragon Queen. It seemed unthinkable - impossible even - that there could be any resolution that would not see hot blood spilled upon the barren sand. Euron shifted his weight uneasily.

"I see you have come to this," he said softly. The silence seemed to last forever. "I know you are far more powerful than I. I hope you will trust me. Your father would not, Cersei." "He would have wanted me to die as I have, to end my life, rather than live forever." "And it is his desire. You do know that I have killed hundreds upon thousands of innocents who served my enemies?" "You must think me foolish indeed." "But surely your actions have caused your father to fear you?" "We share a father." "What he would do with you, the Dragon Queen, is a question you must ask yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭Riddle101

59864511_2456502717726934_8186249035300995072_o.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=dff1fc4bb977f8325ecf886e50cb1c05&oe=5D5D7D04

D5-Q7CoWAAEEZ6T.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 11,143 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Contains spoilers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭OneOfThem Stumbled

Arya walked over to Bran in his wheelchair.
    "You didn't do anything" she said, "you just sat there".
    "I kind of didn't. I went into ravens for a while" Bran said in a monotone.
    "What is the point of your character? Why are you in this story?" Arya demanded.

"I'm the best lover in Westeros and I'm gonna kill dragons." Bran said while nodding. Arya glared at him with venom.
    "Okay, but you're not going to marry me. No matter what." Arya said.
    "I'm asking, why don't I marry the boy I've been with?"
    "… I'm sorry" asked Arya, but she didn't deny it.
    They walked for a while until they passed some large tents.
    "Wait! How much does his bed cost?" Arya asked, "it's his own bed."
    "I'll bet." Bran laughed.
    "What's her name?"
    "Yennefer. Just because I can't give my name doesn't mean she has to. The boy has to find a name." Bran said. Arya sighed. "So what can we do?"
    They walked up to a large tent,

I could play with this all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Mine. Obviously someone had tried something similar. Was was waiting for something like "She torched the wooden ships with her f*cking big ass dragon that, y'know, BREATHES FIRE!!!!!" (Why I mentioned wood and... well... firebreathing dragons :) ) Notice it says Yara and not Tysha.

As above, my input in italics

Dany watched her dragon, her child fall from the sky. Pierced by multiple bolts. She turned. saw the fleet of wooden ships and dove. Straight for the flagship. Astride her last fire-breathing dragon. Too furious to grieve.

One shot and Yara fell. She fell with her mother, her daughter. They both died. There was nothing left. Dany stood and watched the dying ships.

Yara was one-and-one. His blood spilled in her hair. He lay still, watching her, but he died. She remembered. Dany fell. She fell.

There was much too much to say. So the next two weeks did not take too long. But there were some strange things, so Dany chose to keep a close eye on her people.

Sansa was always around to tell stories, read books or give Yara some tea. When Dany sat in her study, she watched Sansa read until she sighed in relief. Then Sansa walked over and sat on the top of the small c

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Only happen to run into this earlier today (keep in mind it was released before episode 3) and it's really well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭OneOfThem Stumbled

Nody wrote: »
    Only happen to run into this earlier today (keep in mind it was released before episode 3) and it's really well done.

They changed

"I'm gonna fight them all"

to

"We're gonna ice them all"

Really? It was crying out for

"I'm gonna wight them all"

My favorite ever. Her expression just makes the last panel.

uyP5kFy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,654 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

• Registered Users Posts: 16,020 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

David Squires cartoon in the Guardian today.
    https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2019/may/07/david-squires-on-the-premier-league-champions-league-and-kit-news

Probably have to follow football to get most of it, but some nice GOT references including the coffee-cup.

Here's a previous Squires cartoon with even more GoT stuff:D
    https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2019/apr/16/david-squires-on-the-premier-league-game-of-thrones

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

166ci3b.jpg

Edit: I don’t think this still image was in the actual episode, I’m pretty sure it’s fake. :pac:

480202.jpeg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

^^^^ He is never going to live down that line. Imagine that's his legacy after nearly a decade :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

60303654_2333846156682862_5255165904274063360_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=b129b70bd68ad59fcbeef7bb45af9b79&oe=5D5F2B31

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Nody wrote: »

And here's their follow up for the post episode 3 realities: "Arya I just died in your arms tonight"

60234458_2468340936543112_7979179410601279488_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=dd8e26fb7fc1d17d13144694a7dd182b&oe=5D57C00B

• Registered Users Posts: 11,905 ✭✭✭✭GBX

60260594_851208648583745_324994875298676736_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=25f45872eacc12e3e46cea9913de6459&oe=5D9D7015

• Registered Users Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

480454.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭Ryath

lETPbsZ.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

5dcyi1pcv0z21.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Ryath wrote: »
    lETPbsZ.jpg
    OMFG I figured that was some sort of kids song so looked it up on youtube and this sh1te has almost 3 billion views :eek:

• Advertisement

I envy you for having eluded it for this long!

Advertisement