Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

October 2019 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

Milly33, the mountain buggy is the narrowest side by side on the market and fits through almost all single doorways, which is why I chose it. Never had an issue. It's quite heavy though. Lifting in and out of the boot is hard work.

Iwishihadaname, I think a lot of those feelings are very common but people often feel guilty for not being 24/7 over the moon with excitement about their baby. The morning sickness is very hard too. I went from being super excited about being pregnant to actually feeling very down almost all of the time. I was feeling resentful towards the baby for making me so sick, which I know sounds mad. I also was questioning whether I even wanted to have the baby at all. I went to my GP at 15 weeks and she prescribed me Cariban and offered a referral to psych in the maternity hospital, because antenatal depression is very common but isn't talked about much. Thankfully for me, my mood lifted hugely once I was feeling less nauseous all the time.

You should definitely go and talk to your doctor about how you are feeling. Pregnancy is hard, what lies ahead is daunting, and you have huge changes going on in your body and in your life. It's totally ok to feel overwhelmed. I also would challenge any non-pregnant person not to get down when they feel ill all day every day for weeks on end. It is truly miserable to feel so rotten all the time.

I really hope it lifts for you very soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

thanks again Catrionanic will most defianlty keep it in mind..

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭iwishihadaname

Thanks everyone for your kind words.

I think I will see my GP because the morning sickness is getting me down at this stage. But today I think I felt the baby move. It was like fluttering. I'm nearly 15 weeks so not sure if it's too early but I felt excited for the first time in ages :)

thats it, really feels like butterflies in your belly!! It can happen at all differant stages for people... Glad to hear you are feeling excited and do go visit the GP sure thats what they are they for. Best of luck with it hope the sickness eases for you

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

I felt my first at 15 weeks :-) (she hasn't stopped moving since!).Hopefully the sickness will ease off.I was very unwell on my third and it was miserable.It was actually only when it lifted that I really realised how miserable I was.

• Advertisement

How is everybody doing!! Did ye all get sunshine for the long weekend. Was so happy with it completly forgot about Friday being a day off with himself, so it was a nice surprise to have him all weekend... Not feeling super great at the moment, the belly is starting to show now if i dont attempt to suck anything in haha... But just feeling whacked, feet are swollen and just dying to feel him kick, wish there was more scans, i know we can get a private one but holding out..

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭starlady1

Not really showing here which I putting down to the nausea and vommiting! Have actually lost weight and have been told to try and gain it back. Easy for the doctor to say...

Feeling tired as well here Milly, going for a sleep during the day most days.

Hard to wait for the next scan alright, try and hold tough if you can!

Are you still feeling and getting sick? Oh i hope it buggers off for you... Must be horrible...

Meant to say too that the Aldi sale has started if anyone is looking to get stuff the sleeping bags are great value...

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Pistachios & cream

I’ve also lost weight even though I’m not sick. However I’d put a bit on before I got pregnant and I’m mainly putting it down to no alcohol.

I’m sure I will put it all back on. I’m not showing really either but my jeans are too uncomfortable to wear. Luckily my sister just lost loads of weight so gave me her jeans and other clothes that are too big for her so I’m sorted for a good while

starlady1 wrote: »
    Not really showing here which I putting down to the nausea and vommiting! Have actually lost weight and have been told to try and gain it back. Easy for the doctor to say...

Feeling tired as well here Milly, going for a sleep during the day most days.

Hard to wait for the next scan alright, try and hold tough if you can!

I'm going for a private gender scan next Tuesday. Too impatient to wait :)

• Advertisement

Yes still feeling sick and getting sick but the feeling sick isn't lasting all day anymore. The doctor changed my anti nausea medication today to a stronger one so hoping I will see another improvement soon. The joys!

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Pistachios & cream

Yes still feeling sick and getting sick but the feeling sick isn't lasting all day anymore. The doctor changed my anti nausea medication today to a stronger one so hoping I will see another improvement soon. The joys!

Fingers crossed it will work for you.

Oh the gender scan so exciting! What do you think it is?

Were going to leave it as a surprise this time round (as of today) we both have a feeling it is a boy

Any news for anyone here, hope ye are all feeling ok...Think I must defiantly felt a few kicks during the week which was quite exciting.. Had a bust week with visitors so just going to chill for the weekend.. Getting this kinda like pulling sensations on the lower belly hoping it is all ok, might make a doc appointment next week if it continues

When should I expect to feel kicks? It's my first baby so haven't a clue what to expect!

Milly33 wrote: »
    Any news for anyone here, hope ye are all feeling ok...Think I must defiantly felt a few kicks during the week which was quite exciting.. Had a bust week with visitors so just going to chill for the weekend.. Getting this kinda like pulling sensations on the lower belly hoping it is all ok, might make a doc appointment next week if it continues

My morning sickness finally eased this week. Also had a 3d gender scan, having a boy and got to see him yawn which was so surreal and amazing. Have the pulling sensations eased?

Oh wow exciting congrats iwishihadaname, did ye think it was a boy?.. So thinking ours is a boy but still hoping to keep it a surprise well see...

Starlady i think it all varies, i think the first time round it was around the 4mth mark, but i know a friend felt them much earlier.. The first little ones really feel like butterflies in the belly, when you get a big one your like ahhh thats what they were... Have been getting very odd sensations for the last week, have felt little movements by also kinda odd ones, hoping all is ok.. Think it is more from not picking herself up properly while pregnant but have been taking more care

Ah I keep deleting my text..

I was looking through my journal from my first, very handy now to know everything is running on schedule looking back on it... Mentioned this week you be prone to nose bleedds or little spots of blood in your nose, and sure enough the same thing started to happen the last few days and the spots are just mad at the moment and itchy skin... I have it down as week 18 that we felt the first proper kicks (we put headphones on the belly at the time)... So perhaps in another few weeks..hope this eases your mind

Milly33 wrote: »
    Ah I keep deleting my text..

I was looking through my journal from my first, very handy now to know everything is running on schedule looking back on it... Mentioned this week you be prone to nose bleedds or little spots of blood in your nose, and sure enough the same thing started to happen the last few days and the spots are just mad at the moment and itchy skin... I have it down as week 18 that we felt the first proper kicks (we put headphones on the belly at the time)... So perhaps in another few weeks..hope this eases your mind

Thanks Milly I have a bit to go yet so. Read today that on the first baby it can be anything between 17-21 weeks so I will just have to wait patiently!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

Thanks Milly I have a bit to go yet so. Read today that on the first baby it can be anything between 17-21 weeks so I will just have to wait patiently!

I was more than 22 weeks on my first which I hear is very normal too!

• Advertisement

everything is so differant, even when the little ones arrive, best thing to do is take it all in your stride.. She says now :) must go on a flight next week and was still kinda getting this stabbing/scratching aches over the last few days, so made a GP appointment for Thurs fingers crossed all is ok.. Typical after making the app today I have had nothing but I suppose better play it safe

Had a very exciting day today, all go.. Cant wait to get a good nights sleep.. Made a GP appointment just to see about these odd pains, and sure she could not find a heartbeat. Bit of a weird feeling as i dont know i just always think there is something up, but all ended well had to go to the hospital and the nurse who was just the nicest lady in the world find the little chap took a while and she really had to dig in but it was there.. So all is well in the end thank god..

Should have known starting the day giving out to a rude BMW was not a good start :)..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Just trying to do some catch up reading.
    Thankfully this pregnancy I've not been sick with morning sickness like I was with the first two. I really feel I got off lightly there. The kidney infections not so lucky and did have a stint in hospital over it. Got it under control a bit more now and then recieved a letter from the hospital that someone on the ward I was in tested positive for a super bug and I now have to carry a card in my wallet to hand to the doctors if I end up in hospital again (which by October I will)

But looking past all that I'm 16 weeks and have felt the baby moving and I'm feeling more energetic.. I am been switched to midwife led unit and due to no complications in the first two deliveries and the fact I dont get the epidural I get to use the serenity suite so its calm and relaxing for giving birth.

Anyone else feel the need to pee alot still even when you've just gone..?

Oh not nice with the super bug, gad darn it I hope it doesnt effect you other than having to carry the card around...

So Baby no. 3 how are you managing with the other two being pregnant again? Do they understand? I swear our little one knows even though she is 15mths ish, she keeps looking at my belly and when I show her she starts laughing and wants to touch it. Any tip for when you get bigger how to handle picking the young ones up and what not, would love any tips...

delighted you are feeling great too, the serenity suite sounds loverly wish UHG had one.. I am still horrified actually at the state the ladies leave the toilets there, it really is a case of what would yer mothers think.. So so bad
    ..Not feeling the urge to pee all the time yet which is great

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Try not to lift Milly.Encourage her to go up the stairs by herself, you walk behind.Get her to stand up in the cot or whatever before you pick her up.Don't bend down to her if you can encourage her to stand up and meet you halfway.If doing her shoes etc, go down on your knees, try to avoid squatting.When I got to 7 months in my second pregnancy I started using the push tricycle instead of a buggy if we were out walking a bit.A bit of a nuisance, but saved me from lifting buggies in and out of the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Thankfully the other two been 5 and 6 helps. The worst I've to do is bend over the bath to wash my daughters long hair. And stop them from bickering. I tell them the baby can hear them fighting and calms them down pretty good. As for lifting I'm let lift nothing. Even a bag with just breads from shopping. I wouldn't do anything that would strain yourself with your little one shes at an age where she would be heavy enough to be lifting. Definitely a good time to let her think shes a big girl now walking places and lifting her toys up here and there. Loads of praise for sure.

The superbug is something that can be dormant for years and no symptoms. They'll just test me if I end up in hospital so fingers crossed it's all a bunch of nothing

thank you ladies! In fairness to her she nearly climbs up the stairs alone or well she does all you have to do is stand behind her, it is mostly just picking her up... I thought Squatting was actually good to do while pregnant? the two of us actually have fun doing squats together, it is gaas we have a exercise routine just small ones and she has picked up on it and does the squats with me...

The getting her to stand up in the cot is a good one thanks Shesty, going mad now we didnt get a changing unit well not made but rethinking getting one maybe

We have an ikea changing table that cost 60eur and has been worth every penny.Asides from anything else on my second, I could put her down on it when she was tiny (as in first six weeks when they don't really move), and take a sec to wash my teeth or whatever (it was right at our ensuite door); it was almost the only spot she was out of the reach of number 1 who was 21mths at the time.It has also proved a godsend in other ways....no.2 hated getting dressed , and she fought it every inch of the way from about 18 mths to almost 3.....but I could sit her on the table and get her clothes on without breaking my back in a fight over it, because it kind of corralled her a bit being up high!!!!It is proving equally useful for brushing her hair, she's up at my level and picks through a box of clips and hair ties for herself while I do her hair (which she equally hates) instead of chasing her around with the brush.

Anything that saves your back is good, because it's the second pregnancy that breaks you, if you have a toddler in the house too!

Squatting is mixed I think, but one thing as the pregnancy goes way on is to make sure baby is head down if you are doing it a lot, otherwise you are pushing it down into the pelvis and it is less likely to turn the right way as there is less space.But that's not til much later.

Does anyone have a list of newborn essentials? And recommended brands? Want to start buying stuff soon :)

• Advertisement

thank you again shesty, yeah mad to get to ikea but have to time it right with pay day haha...I am thinking a changing table with drawers as we are lacking wardrobe space..I cant wait for hair time, im trying to let her hair grow at the moment and just managed a small ponytail today so cute..

For clothes, i would think

Babygrows i newborn just a few and then the next size,,cant have enough of them stay away from white if you can save the 60wash..They have lovely ones in Lidl
    Muslin clothes - Aldi are great
    Babygrows - pennys for newborn and for later i found the boots brand great they last forever
    Decide on what route ye want to go down re bath/skin care - we found moogoo great she has never had bad skin, ordering online is well worth it.
    dont stress about a breastpump or bras until later
    Maam or moogoo udder balm are a godsend also
    Snuugle baby bath is mighty
    Some baby towels
    Sterliser

Advertisement