Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What PlayStation games are you playing ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Playing Rise of the Tomb Raider after finishing Tomb Raider. There is a noticeable increase in the graphics and performance of the game. The models look different for 2 characters that are also in first game, which is a bit disconcerting when you go from one directly to the other.

So far, so good though - very enjoyable, and not as grindy for the various upgrades as the first.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭peter4918

dulpit wrote: »
    Playing Rise of the Tomb Raider after finishing Tomb Raider. There is a noticeable increase in the graphics and performance of the game. The models look different for 2 characters that are also in first game, which is a bit disconcerting when you go from one directly to the other.

So far, so good though - very enjoyable, and not as grindy for the various upgrades as the first.

IMO, two great games. Having enjoyed the uncharted series I didn’t know what to expect from the Tomb Raider reboot. Finished the first two recently one after the other but I’ll take a break from them for awhile now before tackling Shadow of the Tomb Raider. I have to say I enjoyed them probably a bit more than the uncharted games including UC4. I will give Uncharted Lost Legacy a playthrough soon aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I keep trying to play Alien Isolation and Deus Ex but end up starting Rocket League every time ...Is there an Addiction center for Rocket League I can sign up to ? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

I keep trying to play Alien Isolation and Deus Ex but end up starting Rocket League every time ...Is there an Addiction center for Rocket League I can sign up to ? :D

Sign me up to that too! It's the best game for a quick few games that turn into hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,125 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Alien isolation had 'to go in the freezer' a few times

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭ronano

Resident evil 2 remake is the game that keeps on giving, done both scenarios, the 4th survivor (it very much was a **** you I'm completing this). I bought Hong Kong massacre, it's addictive and frustrating, the control system can be a headwreck but fantastic for 20mins session

• Registered Users Posts: 13,799 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Trying to play Shenmue, but I don't remember the amount of to and fro'ing. I want to finish it, then the second one, so I can play the 3rd, but I may not get there. All I keep thinking while playing it is 'I should be playing Yakuza'. Also re-playing Bulletstorm, trying to finish Darksiders 3 and waiting to pick up the season pass for AC: Odyssey.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

Playing Nioh at the moment. Only after beating second boss but good so far. Loving the samurai vibe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 BigPoppaDump

Dragon Quest XI.

A lovely throw back to the older Final Fantasy games. Absolutely nothing ground breaking in It but it's gorgeous looking, the turn based combat is fun and very easy to pick up and has some nice tweaks. Highly recommended to fans of old school TBC games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

Dragon Quest XI.

A lovely throw back to the older Final Fantasy games. Absolutely nothing ground breaking in It but it's gorgeous looking, the turn based combat is fun and very easy to pick up and has some nice tweaks. Highly recommended to fans of old school TBC games.

Been sorely tempted to pick this up on the last sale but think I'm going to hold off for the Switch version as it has a few nice little extras with it. Looks great though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

Currently getting back into Persona 5. Such a great game with very memorable characters and dungeons but I think I haven't been playing RPG's for a while and the whole saving system has messed me up.
    I've already had to turn off the game due to other commitments that has lost me about a half hour of game play.
    I'll need to get used to that again but it is putting me off. Fantastic game besides!

rejkin wrote: »
    Currently getting back into Persona 5. Such a great game with very memorable characters and dungeons but I think I haven't been playing RPG's for a while and the whole saving system has messed me up.
    I've already had to turn off the game due to other commitments that has lost me about a half hour of game play.
    I'll need to get used to that again but it is putting me off.
    Fantastic game besides!

Put the PS4 in standby mode?

(Huge fan of standby mode. Actually think it's one of the better advancements this gen, even more so than 4K.)

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

Put the PS4 in standby mode?

(Huge fan of standby mode. Actually think it's one of the better advancements this gen, even more so than 4K.)

Yeah, in hindsight that makes sense. Totally forgot that option.

Got around to playing evil within 2, so far it's decent but nothing stellar

• Registered Users Posts: 8,476 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Playing Sekiro since release day last week my 1st fromsoft game and I'm obsessed with it

ronano wrote: »
    Got around to playing evil within 2, so far it's decent but nothing stellar

On my backlog. When you get further, let me know if it's worth playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

On my backlog. When you get further, let me know if it's worth playing.

I found it very good, it's quite easy on normal unlike it's predecessor which was a little more inforgiving. Thought one of the big issues with the first one was the main character was just very bland. Felt they did a much better job on making you care about him second time out.
    story is still bat-ship crazy mind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Salt Lake Stallion

Playing MLB The Show 19. Never played a baseball game in my life, not overly interested in baseball but it's a very enjoyable game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Everybody's Golf. Bit of a grind at times, but also addictive and fun

• Registered Users Posts: 1,941 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Battlefield 1, have to say it's both frustrating and fun.

Have Red Dead half complete, bit of a slow burner that one.

PS Plus games for past 2 months were pretty bad.

Holding out for God Of War to drop for free or a heavily discounted Resi Evil 2.

Last of Us 2 in Autumn will be the next full price purchase.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Playing MLB The Show 19. Never played a baseball game in my life, not overly interested in baseball but it's a very enjoyable game.

Expensive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Salt Lake Stallion

dulpit wrote: »
    Expensive?

€60, but it has lots of game modes. The Road to The Show mode is as close to a sports RPG that I have come across in any sports game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Grabbed the Borderlands GOTY edition on Wednesday.

I didn’t play it back in the day so very late to the party. Anyone else who didn’t get on board I’d highly recommend getting this. €30 gets you the game and all dlc.

The online coop doesn’t seem to be working yet but I’m sure they’ll fix it. Level 20 already so that’s not holding me back. Lol.

I have the handsome collection on the hard drive which I’ve only played an hour or so of so a lot of Borderlands to play before number 3 comes out!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,799 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'd be wary about exhausting yourself on Borderlands. I remember when 2 was coming I went through 1 again, and I was a bit worn out by the time 2 released. Luckily, 2 was good enough to keep me interested! I'd imagine playing 1, then 2, then the pre-sequel would be too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I'd be wary about exhausting yourself on Borderlands. I remember when 2 was coming I went through 1 again, and I was a bit worn out by the time 2 released. Luckily, 2 was good enough to keep me interested! I'd imagine playing 1, then 2, then the pre-sequel would be too much.

To be fair I’ll most likely not get 3 at launch. I tend to be late to the party on most games and pick them up on sale.

Only picked up this remaster on launch due to not being in the middle of a Destiny or similar currently.

Point definitely taken though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

I have been doing my Masters since last September, just finished (For a couple of months anyway). During that time I had very little time to relax, almost zero to game. If I was to pick up just one game from the last year or so to get back into it what would it be? (PS4 or PSVR - already played Astrobot ;))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

I have been doing my Masters since last September, just finished. During that time I had very little time to relax, almost zero to game. If I was to pick up just one game from the last year or so to get back into it what would it be? (PS4 or PSVR - already played Astrobot ;))

Red Dead 2. Play through the campaign, pay attention to the storyline and don’t skip any cutscenes! Incredible game, that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I've a massive backlog of games to get through. Finished What Remains of Edith Finch there recently, and have moved over now to The Vanishing of Ethan Carter.

I recently picked up Tekken 7 also for some quick fun

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Absolutely loving Days Gone currently. I only got back into gaming about 2 years ago, this has hooked like no other game in that time. Sleep is a luxury at the moment!

• Advertisement

JimBurnley wrote: »
    Absolutely loving Days Gone currently. I only got back into gaming about 2 years ago, this has hooked like no other game in that time. Sleep is a luxury at the moment!

I'm really enjoying it too

Advertisement