Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Know More About Your Elves #3 - Sundew

• 11-03-2019 7:57pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Apologies for the delay manic day in work.

But here we are the 3rd KYE.

The evenings are getting brighter and the first bank holiday weekend is upon us.

This week Sundew takes the reigns so let’s nit waste anymore time and get going.

Favourite movie of all time?

Favourite play to holiday?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

Whoop! Whoop! There is a grand stretch in the evening alright!
    Folks juggling a bit of family stuff at the mo, so if you see me logged on I’m often not necessarily anywhere near the iPad. Will try and get around to answering the questions when I get a spare mo....usually during school hours ;)

Loughc wrote: »

Favourite movie of all time?

Favourite play to holiday?

Favorite film - “ Life is Beautiful” also love Les Miserables ( film version) and Dances with Wolves

Favorite place to holiday is Port de Soller in Mallorca. We have stayed there 5 times and heading out in Oct....can’t wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,428 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Hiya Sundew! Lovely username btw.

Have you ever gone birdwatching?

Do you have any favourite garden plants?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,000 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Favourite cheeesy song?

Guilty pleasure?

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

What’s your favourite hobby? And is there any hobby or skill that you’d like to take up/learn, like an instrument etc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭jellybear

Favourite chocolate bar?
    First album you bought?

:)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Sundew wrote: »
    Favorite film - “ Life is Beautiful”
    Fantastic choice of favourite film. A real masterpiece.

Will return with questions soon. :pac:

Deja Boo wrote: »
    Hiya Sundew! Lovely username btw.

Have you ever gone birdwatching?

Do you have any favourite garden plants?

Yes I have gone birdwatching ( wouldn’t be a serious birder....I’m lucky that I can just about name some common garden visitors !) but mainly am content to watch them visit my bird feeders. Love watching the goldfinches having a right go at each over whose turn it is to get the niger seed :D

Love my garden and have lots of favorite plants. I do love daffodils this time of the year especially the minature ones! I adore fushia and also honesty. I have a huge load of it growing under trees. Adore the silver seed heads in Winter! Ragged robin and borage are also in my garden!

Caranica wrote: »
    Favourite cheeesy song?

Guilty pleasure?

It’s gotta be the Pina Colada song!

Had a laughing fit the first time I actually listened to the lyrics, driving down the M50 in my then boyfriends car and have loved it ever since ssshhhh don’t tell anyone!

Guilty pleasure....probably The Pina Colada song :D

Toots wrote: »
    What’s your favourite hobby? And is there any hobby or skill that you’d like to take up/learn, like an instrument etc?

I do like my gardening and also love writing pen pal letters.I am also a member of Postcrossing. ( terribly geeky I know). Have recently rediscovered lego again and collect the Christmas sets! Would really love to master a language and am considering taking up Spanish classes. My little one is currently doing Spanish classes at the weekend and is teaching me stuff already.

• Advertisement

jellybear wrote: »
    Favourite chocolate bar?
    First album you bought?

:)

Fry,s Chocolate Cream....god it is delish!

First album......was The SoupDragons “ Lovegod” I only bought it for the song “ I’m free” which I loved and played on a continuous loop for months :D

Posy wrote: »
    Fantastic choice of favourite film. A real masterpiece.

Will return with questions soon. :pac:

It’s a great film...moves me every time I watch it, and has such a wonderful ending! The little boy being lifted in to the US army tank at the end is one of my favorite scenes!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,428 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

:D

Soooo, do you like pina coladas? Getting caught in the rain? ....are you into yoga?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Hi Sundew !

Are you a tea or coffee person ?

Where would you choose to live if you won the Euromilliions ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,114 ✭✭✭✭DvB

What did you want to be when you 'grew up' and how to close to achieving it did you get?

Favourite day of the year (Non christmas related)?
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Lots of good questions so far!

One person in the world you would most like to meet and why?

Favourite place in Ireland to visit?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,795 ✭✭✭Jude13

Apple or android?

Out with close friends, dolled up or dress down?

Deja Boo wrote: »
    :D

Soooo, do you like pina coladas? Getting caught in the rain? ....are you into yoga?

:D:D:D

Apart from yoga anything goes....I love the taste of coconut and am partial to a nice Pina Colada when on hols in the sun. Doesn’t quite taste the same here!

DvB wrote: »
    What did you want to be when you 'grew up' and how to close to achieving it did you get?

Favourite day of the year (Non christmas related)?

Wanted to be a Montessori teacher....ended up working for a well know semi- state company for over 15 years doing nothing in relation to teaching, but many work colleagues did need to be “ minded” ;)

Favourite of the year.....believe it or not but I used to like Good Friday especially when living in the big smoke. There was always something rather chilled out about it, with the pubs closed and you could always explore Dublin knowing the scobies were inside in their houses drinking away, whilst you could see Dublin in a different light.

My favourite day of the year or should I say “night” would be the 23rd June “ Bonfire Night” or St. John’s Night which was celebrated in the rural community where I grew up. I remember sharing a house with a Spanish girl years ago and she was astonished that we celebrated the night in some parts of Ireland! ‘Twas big in her neck of the woods!

TRS30 wrote: »
    Lots of good questions so far!

One person in the world you would most like to meet and why?

Favourite place in Ireland to visit?

Have to say I would like to meet George Bush Jr. Politics aside I think you would have absoutely great craic spending a day with him!

My favourite place to visit in Ireland is Glendalough. I have spent quite a few weekends there and it’s glorious to walk around there when all the tourists have gone!
    Also love Kilkenny City!
    otnomart wrote: »
    Hi Sundew !

Are you a tea or coffee person ?

Where would you choose to live if you won the Euromilliions ?

Definitely a coffee person!

If I won the Euromillions, I would love to live in Mallorca or buy myself a nice gaff overlooking the sea near Dun Laoghaire :D

• Advertisement

Jude13 wrote: »
    Apple or android?

Out with close friends, dolled up or dress down?

Have an Android but have owned an apple before getting rid!
    When I’m out I dress down...I have never been able to wear heels....life is too short to suffer! Jeans and a top are my staple wardrobe :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,820 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Five Star Michelin posh dining or Christmas Dinner , which would you choose ? :D

Real or fake Christmas Tree ?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,174 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

What is your favourite day of the week and why?

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Five Star Michelin posh dining or Christmas Dinner , which would you choose ? :D

Real or fake Christmas Tree ?

Christmas Dinner wins out all the time!

Real or fake....now this is something that has changed for me. I grew up with a real tree. My family wouldn’t entertain the idea of a fake tree and I was the same. Always loved the ritual of buying the tree and stuffing it in to our small car......and the scent divine!
    However, after leaving home and house sharing I ended up surprising my house mates with a small fake tree bought in Argos. That tree whilst not great quality, followed me all around Dublin from house share to house share before I eventually bought my own apartment and I grew quite attached to it.
    Even though I still love real trees, it wasn’t convenient to drag a real tree in to an apartment block so donated the old bedraggled tree to the Local charity shop and bought myself a much better quality one in B&Q....still have it nearly 15 years late but I think I’m due an upgrade!

Mam of 4 was this supposed to be just a yes or no question? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,795 ✭✭✭Jude13

Mulled wine or cider?

A sweat treat or savory treat?

What is your favourite day of the week and why?

Think it has to be Saturday...lie in and no school runs for 2 days. Yay!

Jude13 wrote: »
    Mulled wine or cider?

A sweat treat or savory treat?

Mulled wine for sure! :D
    Have a terrible sweet tooth so sweet treats all the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,114 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Who do you admire the most? Past or present?

What 4 people (alive or dead) would you like as the ultimate dinner party guests?
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

DvB wrote: »
    Who do you admire the most? Past or present?

What 4 people (alive or dead) would you like as the ultimate dinner party guests?

Santa Claus :p
    I’m a huge admirer of Christina Noble...think she is is just amazing!

4 people as dinner guests...have to think about that one....will come back to you later!

• Advertisement

God there was so many to choose from but I whittled it down to these:
    George Bush Jr, Michael Collins, Britney Spears and Princess Diana.
    I’d love to be a fly on the wall for that one :D

Advertisement