Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to Conceive 2016 onwards Chat Thread

1515253545557»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Millem wrote: »
    Hi All,

Can anyone recommend ovulation tests? I am still breastfeeding around the clock and haven’t had my period back yet.

Tried the dealz one before and found them rubbish!!

Thanks a mil
    :)

I got mine from Access Diagnostics - very reasonable and because they’re cheap I didn’t mind using them from pretty much day one of cycle to make sure I didn’t miss it!

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Nerd Queen

Hi All, Can anyone recommend a good fertility lubricant? I had bought preseed a few years ago and now its out of date without even being used! Finally into serious ttc mode after 3 years of frustration, medical issues and stress.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 LizzieE88

Hi all,

As you can tell by the title myself and my husband have just started our baby journey. This is the first month we have tried so very early days but I already feel that this month it hasn't happened and I am so dissapointed.

I know that this is completely irrational as it takes time etc but I just can't help feeling very down about it. Just wanted to share in case anyone had / is having a similiar experience and any tips etc would be most appreciated.

Also thought it might be good for any of us starting our journey to have a place to chat :)

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭cnlbel

Hey LizzieE88,

We are in exact same boat. Didnt really think it would happen in first month but then was sad to see I got my period. Trying to get as healthy as possible this month now and looking into plenty of vitamins etc. would v much like any tips or advice from people too!

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Nerd Queen

Don't go too heavy into tracking every little thing as your body can start to mimic symptoms (As per my gynae). Try temping its great. Make time for each other to do fun things and have good honest conversations about how you are both feeing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I’m in the same boat. We’re only really trying since after Christmas. My cycle exactly 26 days after coming off the pill but since we started trying I’ve been 1 day late Jan & Feb and 2 days late this month.

Every time I’m late I get my hopes up so even though logically I know it’s very early days I can’t help but feel disappointed

Hi

First time posting here. We've been trying for over a year now. We'd been to fertility clinic and they said both of our counts were normal for our age and to keep trying for a while longer before going the IVF route.

Thought we had left it too late, we've both turned 38 recently. The clinic visit was in December. We said we'd give it 6 more months before paying for IVF.

Posting anon as it's far too early to tell anyone this in real life but my wife took a pregnancy test the other day and it showed as positive immediately. She had it confirmed at doctors too. She's been told to arrange a meeting with her GP.

Feel excited but also trying to temper that because I know how early it is, only a couple of weeks at this stage.

Sorry, just had to type this somewhere. I think it's too early for the "Expecting in..." thread.

Fingers crossed everything is ok :-)

Good luck to everyone trying!

Myself and the boyfriend decided to try starting this whole making and growing another person :) I came off the pill in Dec after many years on it and my periods have been a bit all over the place but hopefully starting to get a bit more regular now.
    I’ve been using the Flo app to track things so hopefully that gives some good guides. Anyone use any others?

I’m also finding it awkward planning things like holidays/events etc as I’m wondering will I be pregnant or not then? I probably just need to relax a bit more about all that stuff, once you start ttc its dissapointing each month when it doesn't happen!

gmcidev wrote: »
    Myself and the boyfriend decided to try starting this whole making and growing another person :) I came off the pill in Dec after many years on it and my periods have been a bit all over the place but hopefully starting to get a bit more regular now.
    I’ve been using the Flo app to track things so hopefully that gives some good guides. Anyone use any others?

I’m also finding it awkward planning things like holidays/events etc as I’m wondering will I be pregnant or not then? I probably just need to relax a bit more about all that stuff, once you start ttc its dissapointing each month when it doesn't happen!

My wife came off the pill ages ago, a couple of years, I'd say. We weren't really trying at first, just seeing what happens. When it wasn't, we went to a fertility clinic for tests. As I said above, we were told to keep trying naturally for another 6 months. We started timing it better around her ovulation, and now she's pregnant.

If you're in your mid to late 30s and it's not happening (it can take a good few months to become regular after coming off the pill), then maybe consider having tests. It's worth it to know if you need help or even to be told everything is fine.

But don't let it rule your life with regards to planning things. You don't know how long it will take, and even when it does, you can still do everything for a good 7 months or so (that's a guess, this is my first child).

It is disappointing each month, but you're not the only one in this situation. Hopefully it'll happen for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Mubre

Hi everyone! We are into our third year of fertility treatment. We have had three failed IUI’s. We then started IVF last May but none of the eggs made it to blastocysts. We did a fresh embryo transfer in September and we got pregnant with twins but unfortunately miscarried in December. I have a frozen embryo transfer today so fingers crossed everything goes okay this time round.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Mubre wrote: »
    Hi everyone! We are into our third year of fertility treatment. We have had three failed IUI’s. We then started IVF last May but none of the eggs made it to blastocysts. We did a fresh embryo transfer in September and we got pregnant with twins but unfortunately miscarried in December. I have a frozen embryo transfer today so fingers crossed everything goes okay this time round.

Will have fingers crossed for you - good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 squigglyd

gmcidev wrote: »

Fertility Friend is another good app to use, you can record ovulation, symptoms, etc. and after a few months it'll be very accurate at preducting your expected period dates and ovulation.

What you said about finding it awkward to plan holidays etc, struck a cord with me - try your best not to stop living your life. This ttc journey could last longer than you think and in the meantime you'll have paused your whole life for it - take it from someone who has been there and done that, just keep living your life as normally as you possibly can. Maybe leave off the bungee jumping type stuff :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Mubre

I completely understand what you mean about not being able to plan stuff. I feel like our life has been put on hold because of fertility treatment. We have to be close by for treatment during my cycle and because of the costs we are trying not to spend money. But it will all be worth it...eventually!!

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭GaGa21

Mubre wrote:
    I have a frozen embryo transfer today so fingers crossed everything goes okay this time round.

Fingers crossed for you x

• Registered Users Posts: 34 squigglyd

Not much chat in here these days, how is everyone doing? We're currently concentrating on losing a bit of weight and making our diet more healthy before we take any more steps, hopefully a bit of weight loss will help things, I probably need to lose about 2stone :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Toastytoes

Anyone taking a break from TTC to see how this corona virus pans out?

Advertisement