Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's on again!! Kejelcha to go after El G's indoor mile World Record on March 3rd

• 21-02-2019 12:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭

Needs new thread.

https://mobile.twitter.com/OregonPJT/status/1098407991076777984

At BU on March 3rd. Not sure what kind of race they are setting up for it though:confused: The writing sounds like it's going to be an exhibition type race set up specifically to break the Record as it's after a College meet. Either way I'm on the hype train, what an indoor season so far!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭fishy21

looks like it will be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭vargoo

I want some of whatever they are having.

No I don't.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,488 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

Limpy wrote: »
    Complete the movie quiz to find how most people feel about this guy.

Michael keating starred in this film Beetle.....?
    90's movie staring Tupac, .....?
    Don't be a menace to South centel while drinking your .....? in the hood.

What are you getting at?

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭El CabaIIo

Complete the movie quiz to find how most people feel about this guy.

Michael keating starred in this film Beetle.....?
    90's movie staring Tupac, .....?
    Don't be a menace to South centel while drinking your .....? in the hood.

I'm not sure that's how most people feel, even on Letsrun, absolutely nothing has been said on him on him at that's the home of accusing and doping hunts.

I'm going to be honest and it will probably draw laughs from a lot of people on but I think NOP are pretty clean. I'm drawing info from things like this leaked USADA report into the Oregon project and the testimony of former athletes, coaches and staff within the group. Insiders who don't like Salazar.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B12sfJ8SraVNTW9nU3puUklyRzQ/view

If that link doesn't work, it's also here at the bottom of page

https://www.flotrack.org/articles/5065662-this-may-be-the-usada-report-on-alberto-salazar-and-the-nike-oregon-project

I don't expect anyone will read it but the truth lies in there. Did NOP do things that might have long-term health consequences on athletes? Absolutely and would I agree with some things they did, absolutely not but on the subject of doping and crossing that line is a big leap.

Kara Goucher(World Silver Medallist)who was the star witness and started the investigation by going to USADA and with NOP for 7 years and hates Salazar only took one drug in 7 years there which was Cytomel, a thyroid medicine she was prescribed while in College and under Mark Wetmore at Colarado. Cytomel is and was 100% legal and not subject to TUE protocols.

No mention of EPO by any former athlete, coach or employee. What came out was that NOP were using:

Vitamin C:

Alberto may have been giving athletes his own prescription strength Vitamin C tablets. Vitamin C is obviously a legal supplement and has no threshold of use.

Cytomel(Thyroid Hormone):

Salazar was asking athletes to take more of their Cytomel to help weight loss. Cytomel is a legal medication which doesn't require a TUE. Salazar had 5 athletes who were using Thyroid hormone, 2 of which were using it before they came to NOP in Adam Goucher and Kara Goucher.

L-Carnitine(amino acid food supplement):

This is the big one, L-Carnitine is a legal food supplement and has no threshold for oral ingestion. It does have a threshold for intravenous use which is no more than 50ml every 6 hours. Some former athletes in NOP think they might have taken more than 50ml in an infusion and this is where the doping line might have been crossed by NOP.

You're probably better off reading through it yourself as I might be open to be accused of fudging the details. It's long but it's well worth reading insider details on what's going on there before jumping on the juicing bandwagon of speculation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Flynnboslice

That the same USADA who missed substances in Jon Jones test less than 24 hours before he was popped?

That the same USADA who missed substances in Jon Jones test less than 24 hours before he was popped?

It's easy to take a pop at USADA for missing stuff and not detecting stuff fair enough.

But and the big but here is that these testimonies are coming from and not the efficacy of drug testing.

Kara Goucher
    Dathan Ritzehein
    Adam Goucher
    Chris Solinsky
    Steve Magness
    Physios
    Coaches
    Etc etc

It's not about what USADA hasn't detected. It's that actually athletes who came out to give testimony about what happens there. Attacking USADA is moot when when they are all the stories of whistleblowers who were top athletes and coaches in NOP and what they seen and were given.

Throwing a ufc fighter into the debate is only deflecting attention away from the weight of those testimonies and is really just a strawman

El CabaIIo wrote: »
    I'm not sure that's how most people feel, even on Letsrun, absolutely nothing has been said on him on him at that's the home of accusing and doping hunts.

I'm going to be honest and it will probably draw laughs from a lot of people on but I think NOP are pretty clean. I'm drawing info from things like this leaked USADA report into the Oregon project and the testimony of former athletes, coaches and staff within the group. Insiders who don't like Salazar.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B12sfJ8SraVNTW9nU3puUklyRzQ/view

If that link doesn't work, it's also here at the bottom of page

https://www.flotrack.org/articles/5065662-this-may-be-the-usada-report-on-alberto-salazar-and-the-nike-oregon-project

I don't expect anyone will read it but the truth lies in there. Did NOP do things that might have long-term health consequences on athletes? Absolutely and would I agree with some things they did, absolutely not but on the subject of doping and crossing that line is a big leap.

Kara Goucher(World Silver Medallist)who was the star witness and started the investigation by going to USADA and with NOP for 7 years and hates Salazar only took one drug in 7 years there which was Cytomel, a thyroid medicine she was prescribed while in College and under Mark Wetmore at Colarado. Cytomel is and was 100% legal and not subject to TUE protocols.

No mention of EPO by any former athlete, coach or employee. What came out was that NOP were using:

Vitamin C:

Alberto may have been giving athletes his own prescription strength Vitamin C tablets. Vitamin C is obviously a legal supplement and has no threshold of use.

Cytomel(Thyroid Hormone):

Salazar was asking athletes to take more of their Cytomel to help weight loss. Cytomel is a legal medication which doesn't require a TUE. Salazar had 5 athletes who were using Thyroid hormone, 2 of which were using it before they came to NOP in Adam Goucher and Kara Goucher.

L-Carnitine(amino acid food supplement):

This is the big one, L-Carnitine is a legal food supplement and has no threshold for oral ingestion. It does have a threshold for intravenous use which is no more than 50ml every 6 hours. Some former athletes in NOP think they might have taken more than 50ml in an infusion and this is where the doping line might have been crossed by NOP.

You're probably better off reading through it yourself as I might be open to be accused of fudging the details. It's long but it's well worth reading insider details on what's going on there before jumping on the juicing bandwagon of speculation.

I hope your right. Maybe they are moving away from the old EPO days.

I though your body would only need it's share of a certain vitamin and the rest would be passed.

I hope your right. Maybe they are moving away from the old EPO days.

I though your body would only need it's share of a certain vitamin and the rest would be passed.

I honestly don't know the answer to that, I assume there must be something more to it than that if they were doing it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

L-Carnitine is in monster energy drink, good buzz tbf :)

• Advertisement

IvoryTower wrote: »
    L-Carnitine is in monster energy drink, good buzz tbf :)

And about 500 grams of sugar lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,495 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Limpy, read the charter.

Mods?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,837 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

And about 500 grams of sugar lol.

Will get that for my long run today. :)

There's been a small change to this. It's now been billed as a double World record attempt for Kejelcha with an official 1500 split been added in the mile. Kejelcha wants both records in the 1500 and mile. Means he would be going through 1500 under Tefera's 3:31.04 WR en route to trying to beat El G's 3:48.45 mile WR.

Due to the nature of having to sprint later in a mile race, going through under 3:31 would put him on for something like 3:46 for the mile. He must be hugely confident to take on both in one race.

Kejelcha takes down the World Record!!

3:47.02!!!!!

Almost 1.5 seconds faster than El G's Old mark!!

Kejelcha takes down the World Record!!

3:47.02!!!!!

Almost 1.5 seconds faster than El G's Old mark!!

Beast. Not on google yet..

Did he get the 1500 as well?

Was he going for both in the same race?

walshb wrote: »
    Beast. Not on google yet..

Did he get the 1500 as well?

Was he going for both in the same race?

Missed the 1500 barely, went through 1500 in 3:31 but no official split yet but nearly has to be slower than Tefera's mark

Missed the 1500 barely, went through 1500 in 3:31 but no official split yet but nearly has to be slower than Tefera's mark

Google would wana’ get their bleedin’ act together...

3:31.25 at 1500m. Missed that by .2 seconds.

Mile World record has been officially confirmed at 3:47.01

Very difficult thing to do is break the 1500 and then hang on and keep your form for another 109 meters...

He has to start looking at outdoors now...

I’d argue the 3.43 mile being easier than 3.26

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Boneshakers

Easier than outdoor has to be said

Didn't geb run a 331 1500m

Very difficult thing to do is break the 1500 and then hang on and keep your form for another 109 meters...

He has to start looking at outdoors now...

I’d argue the 3.43 mile being easier than 3.26

He won't run 1500 outdoor. He's a 5k guy and wants Bekele's 12:37 this year

Easier than outdoor has to be said

Didn't geb run a 331 1500m

Indoor he did I think..

He was second behind EL G in 1997 WR 1500 indoors...

Did he break 3.32 that day, fellas?

Geb ran 3:31 indoors yeah. Outdoor 1500 and Mile records are much harder.

Outdoors Geb is 3.33....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Boneshakers

Indoor he did I think..

He was second behind EL G in 1997 WR 1500 indoors...

Did he break 3.32 that day, fellas?

Was that Brussels I wonder the day Shane Healy ran 335

He was in the papers recently

Was that Brussels I wonder the day Shane Healy ran 335

He was in the papers recently

Nah, Brussels was outdoor where Shane Healy ran his PB.

Geb ran 3:31 when El G broke the 1500m indoor World record in Stutgart.

One last stat on this. Kejelcha's Mile today is the fastest indoor or out since Alan Webb ran 3:46 in 2007. It's is the second fastest indoors or outdoor since since Hicham El Guerrouj's 3:44 in 2001.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭Itziger

I was taken with how close (relatively speaking) the other, yes white, guys were........

EDIT: 2.96 secs is fairly big I guess!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Advertisement