Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Steel Panther

Options
  • 28-09-2018 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭

Vicar Street - 6th Feb :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,578 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Jesus.

If I'd missed this cos Ticketmaster made me queue with the Take That people, there would have been actual murder today.

Worked out though. Yes!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,344 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I enjoyed the last show, but it's a pity they don't play more songs. I know the on-stage banter is part of the act, but they shouldn't leave so many killer tunes unplayed - it's criminal!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Hasn't sold out yet, I checked yesterday at midday thinking they'd be all gone, I don't know has Metallica tickets going on sale at the same time had an effect on it, anyway I'm glad to get sorted, I missed them in January.

Arghus wrote: »
    I enjoyed the last show, but it's a pity they don't play more songs. I know the on-stage banter is part of the act, but they shouldn't leave so many killer tunes unplayed - it's criminal!

Dead right.

It was gas, but they left out several of the best tunes.

Meanwhile, shame it's Vicar St. Not especially fond of that place.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

As long as they do Eyes Of a Panther, I'll be happy enough.

• Advertisement

Says in the gigs thread they've announced a second gig on the Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Gus G added as main support, a nice surprise. Guessing he may join them for Crazy Train.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 TaitsClock

Purchased 2 tickets but not sure i'll make it, if anyone is interested in buying them :(

Can't wait for this concert :)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 War ensemble

Going to both nights. Can't wait !🤘

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

Going tonight and tomorrow.

Have a spare ticket for tonight if anyone is interested. PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

I need 2 for tomorrow (6th)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

TaitsClock wrote: »
    Purchased 2 tickets but not sure i'll make it, if anyone is interested in buying them :(

Gone?

I need 2 for tomorrow (6th)

Few seats showing on TM at the min.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

Anyone get the stage times?

blastman wrote: »
    Anyone get the stage times?

For tonight anyway...

Doors: 7:30
    DJ Matt Stocks 7:40-8
    Gus G 8-8:45
    DJ Matt Stocks 8:45-9:10
    Steel Panther 9:15-10:45

(Info from Overdrive.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 41 TaitsClock

Gone?

Yes, sorry :(

Had no takers so arranged to go and beyond excited now!

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭evillive

Good gig? Were the times above accurate?
    Going tomorrow and really looking forward to it now

Totally accurate times. Amazing gig. The best live band in the world !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,293 ✭✭✭ionapaul

My initial thoughts as a Steel Panther fan; quite a few of the vocals were mimed?

• Advertisement

That's actually a compliment. I was up front for most of the gig. I can guarantee it was live. Tonight Micheal's mic went faulty .. no vocals when he had to get a replacement mic ..

Steel Panther are just awesome live... The energy they put into their performances are unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭laros

Any thoughts on Gus G.... Is he worth seeing...?

Someone coulda had a free ticket last night as muppet almighty here managed to drop my ticket out of my pocket! :D Got to the door and realised I had no ticket, slight panic! I walked back out on to Thomas St and there it was lying in the middle of the footpath!

Anyway, the gig was excellent, they really are a brilliantly entertaining live act. One very minor gripe is that maybe a couple more of their own songs in the set would have been nice. Hearing the crowd bellowing the opening lines of Community Property was a highlight (again!), though. I didn't know any of Gus G's stuff, but he was great and worth getting in early for. Stage times given above were bang on.

What did they play that wasn't their own?

They have an album of covers of 80's Hair Metal songs out.. called Sunset Strip ..so they are doing the album and then their own songs

Woah, I didn't realise there was an album to go with it. Last album I got was Lower The Bar.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Woah, I didn't realise there was an album to go with it. Last album I got was Lower The Bar.

Actually... there may no bad an actual album.... I thought I had read it somewhere... but I can't actually find mention of it now.... Just that they are doing various cover versions.... Sorry..My Bad...😪

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭evillive

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    What did they play that wasn't their own?

Spoiler alert for anyone going tonight, here's last night's set list

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/steel-panther/2019/vicar-street-dublin-ireland-1b9539dc.html

• Advertisement

laros wrote: »
    Actually... there may no bad an actual album.... I thought I had read it somewhere... but I can't actually find mention of it now.... Just that they are doing various cover versions.... Sorry..My Bad...��

Apparently they had an new album recorded late last year that got deleted :D

http://loudwire.com/steel-panther-new-album-deleted/

Advertisement