Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gameweek 19 Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Matip > Shaw

• Registered Users Posts: 22,362 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Don't waste a transfer on Son - he's off to Asian games in January.

He's not going until January 13th. Lots of football to be played before that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

macraignil wrote: »
    OK then what about Alonso and Sterling to Digne and Salah?

Disappointed with Sterling since getting him in and Alonso also not getting his usual returns in recent weeks.

Would leave me with:

Ederson, Hamer
    Robertson Alexander Arnold, Trippier, Digne, Wan-Bissaka
    Hazard, Salah, Anderson, Richarlison, Torreira
    Kane, Ings, Rondon

Going to wait for Sterling and Alonso to play and help make the decision.

I don’t know why anyone would go for Digne over Lovren

• Registered Users Posts: 5,630 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Have just enough for Mahrez(terrible punt last week) and Auba to Salah/Rashford tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

Green&Red wrote: »
    I don’t know why anyone would go for Digne over Lovren

Set pieces
    Attacking threat
    Bonus magnet
    Good fixtures now
    Won’t lose his place when the person he is replacing returns

• Advertisement

Have just enough for Mahrez(terrible punt last week) and Auba to Salah/Rashford tonight

Why would you sell auba before he plays Brighton ?

I think there are going to be a lot of angry new salah owners when team sheets are announced Stephens day

• Registered Users Posts: 32,756 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I feel like the determining factor in me being likely to take Martial and the extra .5 over Pogba is Lingard taking that penalty.

If Pogba was on penos he would be gold. I didn’t see yesterday’s game, was there any unusual reason why Lingard took the penalty?

CSF wrote: »
    I feel like the determining factor in me being likely to take Martial and the extra .5 over Pogba is Lingard taking that penalty.

If Pogba was on penos he would be gold. I didn’t see yesterday’s game, was there any unusual reason why Lingard took the penalty?

He won the pen and they were 3-1 up
    He went to take it
    Ashley Young (captain ) told Pogba to take it
    Pogba said it was fine so Lingard took it
    Crazy situation if you ask me but that’s what happened .
    Given pogbas last attempt who knows if he gets the next one !

I’d hazard a guess that Lingard won’t be the number one though

• Registered Users Posts: 19,637 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

I have had him a while now - and in the same boat, however he does play his old club next week, and so there is a chance that he will start.

I've not against the Salah move but I wouldn't be getting rid of Auba to do it. Depending on how your team is set up it might take more than 2 moves though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,582 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Time to say adios to Alonso.

Have 2 FTs, thinking of either...

1) Alonso & Snodgrass out for AWB & Martial (1.1m ITB)

2) Alonso & Fraser out for Toby & Martial (0.1m ITB)

Not happy to be letting Fraser go but I think I prefer the 2nd option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

km79 wrote: »
    Set pieces
    Attacking threat
    Bonus magnet
    Good fixtures now
    Won’t lose his place when the person he is replacing returns

I’ve it in my head to track the two of them from my decision last week until February. Lovren made a good start.

I don’t think Lovren will lose his place, he’s an excellent defender. I’d say Liverpool’s fixtures are comparable, both are good up to February. Liverpool’s CS potential far outweighs Everton’s.

I’ll be looking at a Liverpool double up.

km79 wrote:
    Why would you sell auba before he plays Brighton ?

km79 wrote:
    I think there are going to be a lot of angry new salah owners when team sheets are announced Stephens day

Need to sell Auba or Kane to fund Salah within my 2FT, would be looking at -8 to get him in otherwise

Ace2007 wrote:
    I've not against the Salah move but I wouldn't be getting rid of Auba to do it. Depending on how your team is set up it might take more than 2 moves though.

Yeah its either him or Kane really. Otherwise its a -8 hit which isnt worth it imo

• Registered Users Posts: 16,625 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Murphy to Lingard to play 352 next week with Wilson benched.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Bellerin to Bednarek and Gunnarson to Lingard done.

Going strong front 8 for the Xmas fixtures as there’s bound to be rotation.
    Sane Hazard Lingard Richarlison Snodgrass
    Auba Kane Jiminez.

Will bench Snodgrass on Wednesday but fully expect him to come on for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,348 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Debating moving from Alonso, Sterling and Camarassa to TAA, KDB and Martial. Would ideally spread those transfers out over the next 2 weeks to avoid a hit but that would involve no city cover for gw19.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I really want to play 6 midfielders

Snod Sterling Salah Richy Fraser all feel worth keeping for a while but it's where the interesting potential is

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Pulled trigger on -4

Sterling / Laca out Salad & Rashers in

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Ederson, Boruc

AWB, Bennett, Alonso, Robertson, Digne

Sane, Billing, Sterling, Fraser, Richarlison

Wilson, Jiminez, Kane

2FT's 1.2m ITB

Thinking

Ederson -> ??? (Alisson probably)
    Alonso -> Trippier/Doherty
    Sterling -> Salah

Anyone have any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭bantee

Wilson & Rondon to Rashers & Ings done, feels good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Alonso and Billing to Schindler and Martial with 2 free transfers. Strong front 8 for the busy festive schedule.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Anyone having trouble making transfers at the moment? Looks like it's going to cost me .1m

• Registered Users Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Alonso, Sterling, Chicarito out for Lovern/TAA, Salah and Rashford for -4, is what im thinking. Unsure what to do. Will probably keep Sterling, and do either 1 or both of the other two. I'd like Martial too. Tough decisions lay ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,222 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Ederson/Wilson out - Alisson/Rashford in for a -4. My previous 3 -4's have all worked out. But it leaves me with no City cover whatsoever

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Mahrez to Son

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Pete Moss

What would people's opinion on Laporte to Shaw and Rondon to Rashford be? It would be a -4 move. I already have Martial, so I'm apprehensive in over loading on United players. They've only played one game under OGS, so it's too soon to say how well they'll do, but I do think they have some great fixtures coming up.

Failing that, my other option might be Anderson to Snodgrass and Rondon to Rashford.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I did snodgrass and sterling to son and martial for a -4. I wouldnt have bothered with son if I hadnt sold Kane last gw.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,362 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Did Sterling and Obiang to Son and Martial for a - 4. No City cover apart from Ederson now but will deal with that another week. Strong bench now for the inevitable rotation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Did Sterling and Mc Arthur to Pogba and Martial.
    Not having a good Season so willing to punt a bit on Pogba as he could rack up serious points over next few games.

• Advertisement

Honestly I think people have lost the run of themselves with united players
    Hits every side
    Attacking double ups . Selling the likes of sterling to fund it .
    Buying their defenders

One attacker for me . For free. And purely as protection against the loons in my league !

Advertisement