Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment Stage 3 (2018 Campaign)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭arainagusime

FIVE.0 wrote: »
    Are you talking about the BR form here?

Is the BR form something we hand in prior to starting in Templemore? If spouses of cousins information is required, this just added a whole other level of complexity. I've never met most of my cousin's spouses or my cousins and wouldn't even know their names. Oh well, I suppose this is our first taste of playing detective (with our own family tree! :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭FIVE.0

Is the BR form something we hand in prior to starting in Templemore? If spouses of cousins information is required, this just added a whole other level of complexity. I've never met most of my cousin's spouses or my cousins and wouldn't even know their names. Oh well, I suppose this is our first taste of playing detective (with our own family tree! :D)

No the BR form is the back round form you hand into the PAS office the day of your interview in chapter house. The reason I asked is that what they were talking about is because you don't have to have cousins or aunts/uncles by marriage on it.
    Only the sisters and brothers of your mother and father. And your grandparents.
    Unless it has changed since the '17 campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Vital Work

Good luck to anyone starting interviews this week and next! Have my own one on Thursday so any last minute tips would be great!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 userunkown

Vital Work wrote: »
    Good luck to anyone starting interviews this week and next! Have my own one on Thursday so any last minute tips would be great!

Best of luck lad. Just out of curiosity was it 2 weeks after stage 2 that you received the call for stage 3? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭RabbitHeart18

Vital Work wrote: »

Best of luck for Thurs. I was chatting to a fella who is just out of probation. He said that even though it says 45 mins for interview, that's the absolute max amount of time you'll be in there, more likely less and that for him it was all about the competencies. So if you have strong competencies and know them inside out, you should be laughing. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭bottar1

Hi,

Is there anyone in the first 137 that has received the competencies that could send them on? I've heard the interview is pass/fail if you meet the minimum so we're not competing anymore like Stage 1/2! If anyone could end them on in PM to me that would be greatly appreciated, would like to prepare early if I can.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Uweir32

Has anyone had their interview yet? How you getting on folks. Im 298 after stage two. Don’t suppose I’ve much chance being interviewed before Christmas lol

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭leheaven

Best of luck for Thurs. I was chatting to a fella who is just out of probation. He said that even though it says 45 mins for interview, that's the absolute max amount of time you'll be in there, more likely less and that for him it was all about the competencies. So if you have strong competencies and know them inside out, you should be laughing. :)

Really? I need to prepare them but not really sure as such what they are looking for. I’m not great with interviews as most I’ve ever had has been more like a chat.

Uweir32 wrote: »
    Has anyone had their interview yet? How you getting on folks. Im 298 after stage two. Don’t suppose I’ve much chance being interviewed before Christmas lol

The way they are moving this campaign so fast , I wouldn’t be surprised if you were called around Oct/Nov to be honest but I really don’t know.

Can anyone who has done the interview give some general feedback?

Anyone have an idea how long we will be waiting to know if we get through to stage 4?

• Advertisement

Anyone else get an interview for October? When do we get out competencies?

Why don't you Google them mate....

http://www.gardaip.com/what-are-core-competencies-for-an-garda-siochana

bottar1 wrote: »
    Hi,

Is there anyone in the first 137 that has received the competencies that could send them on? I've heard the interview is pass/fail if you meet the minimum so we're not competing anymore like Stage 1/2! If anyone could end them on in PM to me that would be greatly appreciated, would like to prepare early if I can.

Thanks.

http://www.gardaip.com/what-are-core-competencies-for-an-garda-siochana

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 SHIELDSRED

Hello,

Wondering if anyone had their interview yet? And what questions did they ask, based on the competencies.

Thanks in advance, mine is next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 lealor17

Did you get a date for October?

lealor17 wrote: »

Did you get a date for October?

Yes I got an email on Friday to book

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Carles Puyol

Had my interview today. Went fine, it's more like a conversation about your experiences to date and the 5 competencies. Just know them and you'll do grand!

Had my interview today. Went fine, it's more like a conversation about your experiences to date and the 5 competencies. Just know them and you'll do grand!

This is what’s confusing me there’s 8 competencies is there not

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭RabbitHeart18

Nope, just 5. Listed out in the familiarisation material for stage 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭bottar1

Would you be able to PM us those 5? If we haven't got a date yet we don't get them yet. Would be nice to know for those of us higher in the OOM numbers.

I have my date for interview but can’t find the familiarisation material is it the papers given to us at stage 2 or via email? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Coconut21015

I have my interview in October but haven't received the competencies yet. Could someone on her pm me with them if they have the link please? Would be very grateful.

I have my interview in October but haven't received the competencies yet. Could someone on her pm me with them if they have the link please? Would be very grateful.

I’m the same I’ve re read the email 2/3 times to see if I’ve missed them

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Elliot192

I’m the same I’ve re read the email 2/3 times to see if I’ve missed them

No there aren't. Some of the comptencies changed in 2016. That's why the link someone posted lists eight. It includes the old competencies from 2014.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

Hey folks, I've my interview next month and keen to get everything in order for it. I called PAS today to enquire about form B,? I was told it's in my invitation for an interview message on the website but can't see it? Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Goldfish bowl

justshane wrote: »
    Hey folks, I've my interview next month and keen to get everything in order for it. I called PAS today to enquire about form B,? I was told it's in my invitation for an interview message on the website but can't see it? Any suggestions?

Yeah, I'm the same boat as you. Don't seem to have form B on the invitation

Elliot192 wrote: »
    No there aren't. Some of the comptencies changed in 2016. That's why the link someone posted lists eight. It includes the old competencies from 2014.

They are the exact same as the ones in the link that i posted apart from problem solving (which would come under judgment and decision making anyway) and serving the public. And to be honest, you would probably want examples for them anyway. Hope that helps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Elliot192

Yeah, I'm the same boat as you. Don't seem to have form B on the invitation

If the link to Form B is not in your invitation (the word Form B is the link) or if you didn't get a separate email with a link to Form B then you'll just have to get back on to PAS and maybe send them a screen shot of your PAS inbox and your invitation/notification/Form B link emails. Same deal with the interview familiarisation materials. The word familiarisation is the link.

Advertisement