Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY eJuice thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

If you already bought a litre of nic then you only need a base. You can buy ready made base with varying mixes from darkstar. That's it!

Thanks for that.

Just so that I get the right things (This is my first time doing this) your suggesting I get this:

https://www.darkstarvapour.co.uk/shop/base-mix/base-mix

and not these:

https://www.darkstarvapour.co.uk/shop/pg-vg?___store=darkstar_en

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭IRISH OS1R1S

iba wrote: »
    Thanks for that.

Just so that I get the right things (This is my first time doing this) your suggesting I get this:

https://www.darkstarvapour.co.uk/shop/base-mix/base-mix

and not these:

https://www.darkstarvapour.co.uk/shop/pg-vg?___store=darkstar_en

Thanks

Yep. Your nic, the base in the first link you posted and after that it is just a matter of adding whatever flavour concentrate you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Hi,

Sorry when you referred to VG I thought you were talking about nicotine VG. I now understand that you were not.

So where can I buy this VG please in Ireland or online (EU/UK) please and thank you.

Cheers

Yeah I meant VG, pretty hard stock up on that for travel, I'm sure you can get it just about anywhere though.

As for the nic, the link IRISH just posted is the only one I know of atm too.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Phill_M

I've heard about people buying VG in pharmacies when they're stuck, though I've never tried it. I'm not sure if where you're moving would have pharmacies that stock it pure, but it's a possible option. You'll prob find that there are websites that will deliver to where you are moving. Maybe try asking a big UK or US vaping forum and see if there's any expats living in the same country you're moving to that can help with supply.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Maybe the Country is N.Korea :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Phill_M

Maybe the Country is N.Korea :D:D:D

They'll have bigger problems than finding VG then! Ha

Guys,

So as I said previously I'm moving for three years so trying to buy three years supply.

I reckon I vape about 50ml a week and I vape at 6mg. So would the figures below be about right, they don't need to be 100% precise but not way way off either (is anything glaringly wrong):

So I think a 50ml bottle at 6mg of nicotine comprises roughly:

15% Nicotine = 7.5ml Nicotine.

15% Flavouring = 7.5ml Flavouring.

70% VG/PG = 35ml VG/PG.

Therefore:

7.5ml Nicotine * 52 (weeks in a year) = 390ml (of Nicotine a year) * 3 years = 1170ml

7.5ml Flavouring * 52 (weeks in a year) = 390ml (of Flavouring a year) * 3 years = 1170ml

35ml VG/PG * 52 (weeks in a year) = 1820ml (of VG/PG a year) * 3 years = 5460ml

Thanks

Guys,

So as I said previously I'm moving for three years so trying to buy three years supply.

I reckon I vape about 50ml a week and I vape at 6mg. So would the figures below be about right, they don't need to be 100% precise but not way way off either (is anything glaringly wrong):

So I think a 50ml bottle at 6mg of nicotine comprises roughly:

15% Nicotine = 7.5ml Nicotine.

15% Flavouring = 7.5ml Flavouring.

70% VG/PG = 35ml VG/PG.

Therefore:

7.5ml Nicotine * 52 (weeks in a year) = 390ml (of Nicotine a year) * 3 years = 1170ml

7.5ml Flavouring * 52 (weeks in a year) = 390ml (of Flavouring a year) * 3 years = 1170ml

35ml VG/PG * 52 (weeks in a year) = 1820ml (of VG/PG a year) * 3 years = 5460ml

Thanks

Eurgh maths! :confused::D

I work out you only need 650ml of nic, if you're only vaping 50ml per week. Over 3 years that amounts to 7.8ltrs of juice, @6mg = 690ml

Eurgh maths! :confused::D

I work out you only need 650ml of nic, if you're only vaping 50ml per week. Over 3 years that amounts to 7.8ltrs of juice, @6mg = 690ml

Thanks very much for that but would you mind showing me how you get that figure please because I get:

50ml a week times 52 weeks in a year times three years equals 7800 ml i.e 7.8 litres.

And I thought that at 6mg of nic is 15% and therefore 15% of 7800ml equals 1170ml of nic.

What am I doing wrong?

When looking at dark star website is it recommended that I get the concentrates under 'flavour concentrates'. And if yes, is it recommended to get the Dark Arts concentrates or one of the others, eg Dark Star or Flavor Apprentice etc?

I also see another category called 'One Shot Concentrates' and I don't understand the difference between this category and the 'Flavour Concentrates' category.

Thanks.

• Advertisement

When looking at dark star website is it recommended that I get the concentrates under 'flavour concentrates'. And if yes, is it recommended to get the Dark Arts concentrates or one of the others, eg Dark Star or Flavor Apprentice etc?

I also see another category called 'One Shot Concentrates' and I don't understand the difference between this category and the 'Flavour Concentrates' category.

Thanks.

I always use this to calculate my recipes: http://e-liquid-recipes.com/create

Input the 7800ml, set it to 6mg, set the nic strength to 72mg doesn't matter about the PG/VG ratio just choose one at 100% and scroll down to where the recipe would be - remember, the Nic takes up a % of the mix

As for the concentrates, what are you more comfortable with? do you want the flavors pre-mixed in a bottle that you only need add VG and nic to? then go for bottle shots, they are handy but you pay extra for someone else mixing. The one shots are also pre-mix recipes, you need your own bottles just like you would for full DIY, you just pop the one shot into your bottle, and again add VG and nic. A little bit more working out.

Personally, I just prefer buying single flavor concentrates and coming up with my own concoctions, it's a bit of fun, think of it like a hobby to go with your vaping. And you can really tailor your juice to your personal taste. I use them all, TFA, Capella, Dark Arts [which is actually Flavorart re-bottled, so good stuff] and Inawera [very, very strong, less % needed and they have some odd flavors, but some gems too]

If you want the best value, go for TFA and Dark Art and use the code 'SUPERCODE' for 35% off, excellent value on already very competitive pricing. The code doesn't cover the others, but you can of course still add some into your order. The code will just cover the TFA and DA concentrates

25% OFF WITH CODE 'CUSTOM25'

48 hours only...

40% OFF WITH CODE '30ML40' for the next 48hrs...

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭damon5

Havnt been on in a while because got pretty deflated with the whole DIY make your own ejuice scene,not being able to find flavours to vape that i liked that tasted weak even though ejuice was made from innawara concentrate and amounts added as stated on there website..
    I decided instead to buy some 10 ml bottles of ejuice 18ml nic so checked out Vape Wild and for new customers they have 10 bottles of 10 ml ejuice for 1 euro and thats including shipping :eek::eek::eek:
    Now the thing is their max nic is 12 mg and i,d prefer 18 mg that i vape at the moment so wondering how and by how much it would take to raise nic to 18 by using some 7.2 that i have ?
    Also bought a 60ml bottle eliquid shortfill and wondering how much of the 7.2 nic would i need to mix with it to end up with 18 mg of nic.
    On the bottle of 7.2 nic it says 100% PG ,cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭247music

Anyone have some feedback for me on the following bossshots.. Red Erik, Blackcurrent tunes and Cola slush..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

Red Erik is similar to Red Astaire if you ever tried it, a bit less menthol and more fruit flavour. Wouldn't be an adv for me anyway but nice to have in a mix. Tunes is exactly as the sweets, very cool on your first couple of vapes but mellows out after a while, didn't think I'd be mad on it but it grows on you.
    Haven't tried the Cola yet.
    Their top 2 for me atm is Super Manchee and Night Owl. Manchee is fruity/sweet and Night Owl is Marshmallow/sweet,hard on coils.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

damon5 wrote: »
    I decided instead to buy some 10 ml bottles of ejuice 18ml nic so checked out Vape Wild and for new customers they have 10 bottles of 10 ml ejuice for 1 euro and thats including shipping :eek::eek::eek:
    Now the thing is their max nic is 12 mg and i,d prefer 18 mg that i vape at the moment so wondering how and by how much it would take to raise nic to 18 by using some 7.2 that i have ?
    Also bought a 60ml bottle eliquid shortfill and wondering how much of the 7.2 nic would i need to mix with it to end up with 18 mg of nic.
    On the bottle of 7.2 nic it says 100% PG ,cheers.

7.2% nic, yeah, 72mg?

100ml 12mg + 11ml 72mg = 111ml of 17.9459459459mg liquid

grindle wrote: »
    7.2% nic, yeah, 72mg?

100ml 12mg + 11ml 72mg = 111ml of 17.9459459459mg liquid

Cheers Grindle so how much 7.2 nic would i have to add to each 10ml bottle of ready to vape 12mg nic to bring it to 18mg ?
    How much 7.2 nic then would i have to mix with the no nic 50ml shortfill bottle to get 18mg nic ?
    Do you have a simplified link on the web where it shows how to work out the amount of 7.2 nic to add to ejuice with varying nic content to end up with 18mg,cheers.

Cheers Grindle so how much 7.2 nic would i have to add to each 10ml bottle of ready to vape 12mg nic to bring it to 18mg ?
    1.1ml - would be easier to mix altogether in a bottle larger than 100ml. Unless they're all different flavours obviously.
    How much 7.2 nic then would i have to mix with the no nic 50ml shortfill bottle to get 18mg nic ?
    16.66ml - but if that's a flavour concentrate it'll be overpowering - what ratio is the concentrate meant to be at?
    Do you have a simplified link on the web where it shows how to work out the amount of 7.2 nic to add to ejuice with varying nic content to end up with 18mg,cheers.
    https://ecigvape.com/e-liquid-calculator-allows-flavors-with-nicotine

Yep there all differant flavours,got 10 ml bottles to try them out and the ones that i hopefully will like i will buy them in the 50 ml juice which will be easier to mix the nic with.The 50ml shortfill bottles ( well they call them 60ml bottles 50ml of juice and room for 10ml nic ) here it is and no concentrate https://vapewild.eu/on-cloud-custard-e-liquid-60ml-short-fill/ ......thanks for the link too :)

• Advertisement

Yep there all differant flavours,got 10 ml bottles to try them out and the ones that i hopefully will like i will buy them in the 50 ml juice which will be easier to mix the nic with.The 50ml shortfill bottles ( well they call them 60ml bottles 50ml of juice and room for 10ml nic ) here it is and no concentrate https://vapewild.eu/on-cloud-custard-e-liquid-60ml-short-fill/ ......thanks for the link too :)

Hiya Damon,welcome back...

Here is a simple calculator which was in Grindles link...

https://ecigvape.com/simple-e-liquid-calculator

Just change the Base Nic to 72...
    Target ... 18mg is already selected by default...
    Amount to make...your shortfill is 50ml..............just change it to 10 for your 10ml bottles...

Now hit Calculate....results are below.

Hiya Damon,welcome back...

Here is a simple calculator which was in Grindles link...

https://ecigvape.com/simple-e-liquid-calculator

His 10ml bottles have 12mg nic in them, that's why I went for the slightly more finicky calculator. The simple calc works fine for the 50ml shortfill but useless for mixing two differing strengths.

His 10ml bottles have 12mg nic in them, that's why I went for the slightly more finicky calculator. The simple calc works fine for the 50ml shortfill but useless for mixing two differing strengths.

I have always used a simple calculator like this one & all I did was change the target to 6mg & that brought the 12mg up to 18mg,the result comes to 0.8333 ml of 72 Nic which you add to the 12mg 10ml bottle which gives you 18mg.
    I'm not saying I'm right but that's the way I've been calculating for years with no probs.

How much nic does the other calculator say to add.

How much nic does the other calculator say to add.

1.1ml to the 10ml bottle

16.66ml to the nicless stuff.

Before he asked for a calc he could use himself I was doing the maths in excel and can confirm their calc is correct - you may have been weaning yourself off the nic! PANIC! MUST INCREASE LEVELS!!!

1.1ml to the 10ml bottle

16.66ml to the nicless stuff.

Before he asked for a calc he could use himself I was doing the maths in excel and can confirm their calc is correct - you may have been weaning yourself off the nic! PANIC! MUST INCREASE LEVELS!!!

I was close enough in my mix & it tasted just right to me because I always give one or two drops for the road:D:D:D:D sometimes an extra ml of nic in a 50ml mix...:)

247music wrote:
    Anyone have some feedback for me on the following bossshots.. Red Erik, Blackcurrent tunes and Cola slush..

Heads up, reports that Cola Slush is having a negative reaction to plastic tanks and seals on glass tanks. Might be one to avoid till it's investigated.

Update on Flavour Boss Cola Slush ..... Only use in rda's.
    Not suitable for tanks or squonk bottles.

Thanks lads for all the help will try to decipher it all tomorrow, the head is melted after driving around in city traffic at 27.5 degrees with no AC :)

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭247music

Red Erik is similar to Red Astaire if you ever tried it, a bit less menthol and more fruit flavour. Wouldn't be an adv for me anyway but nice to have in a mix. Tunes is exactly as the sweets, very cool on your first couple of vapes but mellows out after a while, didn't think I'd be mad on it but it grows on you. Haven't tried the Cola yet. Their top 2 for me atm is Super Manchee and Night Owl. Manchee is fruity/sweet and Night Owl is Marshmallow/sweet,hard on coils.

Cheers doc.. ðŸ‘ðŸ»

• Advertisement

Advertisement