Mods please check the Moderators Group for an important update on Mod tools. If you do not have access to the group, please PM Niamh. Thanks!

Prepay meter

Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭ CGI_3

Hi there, my potential suppliers didn't seem to be able to answer this question from me which I thought was strange...

If say I were to ask Bord Gais to install a prepay meter, but later wanted to move to a different PRE PAY supplier, do you know what the process is?

CS in Bord Gais told me meter would have to be changed again to the next PRE PAY supplier. That's a significant cost.

I did emphasise the query was pre pay to pre pay suppliers, not prepay to credit (bill pay)

So, does a meter have to be changed from one pre pay supplier to another pre pay supplier or not....?

Comments

CGI_3 wrote: »
    Hi there, my potential suppliers didn't seem to be able to answer this question from me which I thought was strange...

If say I were to ask Bord Gais to install a prepay meter, but later wanted to move to a different PRE PAY supplier, do you know what the process is?

CS in Bord Gais told me meter would have to be changed again to the next PRE PAY supplier. That's a significant cost.

I did emphasise the query was pre pay to pre pay suppliers, not prepay to credit (bill pay)

So, does a meter have to be changed from one pre pay supplier to another pre pay supplier or not....?
    The meter does not need to be changed if you are changing from one prepay supplier to another. If you are changing from prepay to credit or vice versa then the meter needs to be changed. 

I hope this helps. If you need anything else please let me know. 

Bernice