Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

August 18 Calls

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Blue_Line

Thanks for the replies

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Mb91

I suppose an easy and quick solution would be to phone 101 and speak to recruitment?

I guess it's the only thing they can do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭Ayechihuahua

This is interesting coz I'm thinking of getting the surgery done if I get the call. I'll be fine for medical but just can't be assed possibly having to replace glasses from chasing boys lol

If I get updated I will make you aware of what happened as best I can. I agree that it is an interesting case because common sense would suggest that there is no need to retest eyes that now perform better than they did at the medical. However, they may wish to just play it safe and retest them (with potential delays in processing an applicant).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 FreshStart2018

Anyone know if there is still a rule regarding long hair? Am I going to have to get rid of the man bun before the induction? lol

Anyone know if there is still a rule regarding long hair? Am I going to have to get rid of the man bun before the induction? lol

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭TheBigLight

More than likely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

Men have buns? Lol oj bud. I'm pretty sure as long as it doesn't effect uniform it is ok. It may be difficult to have the peaked hat on properly with the hair up.
    Just remember whatever you start GV looking like you have to keep it for the remainder of the course. E.g. if you start with facial hair you have to keep it, if clean shaven you have to stay shaved. It's for purposes of the trainee ID card pic.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 ldngal18

Has anyone received paperwork yet?
    I think if I don't receive anything today I may call on Monday.

• Advertisement

ldngal18 wrote: »

My post never comes to around 13.30/14.00 so I'm keeping fingers crossed it comes today or tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭TheBigLight

Nothing yet

NiK9 wrote: »

Men have buns? Lol oj bud. I'm pretty sure as long as it doesn't effect uniform it is ok. It may be difficult to have the peaked hat on properly with the hair up.
    Just remember whatever you start GV looking like you have to keep it for the remainder of the course. E.g. if you start with facial hair you have to keep it, if clean shaven you have to stay shaved. It's for purposes of the trainee ID card pic.

Haha!! yep been 3 years in the making too! It'll be gone for induction though to save any grief lol.

Not yet

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Faugha

No post for me either. Maybe Monday. So with this discussion on hair and appearance... I have a few cheeky greys creeping in, will PSNI pay for just for men so that I can keep up the youthful look or just face the consequences of having a lot more greys after 6 months training

Post just been. No forms :(

Faugha wrote: »
    No post for me either. Maybe Monday. So with this discussion on hair and appearance... I have a few cheeky greys creeping in, will PSNI pay for just for men so that I can keep up the youthful look or just face the consequences of having a lot more greys after 6 months training

Surely, this being ni and all, there is a government grant available to maintain the 'youthful appearance' of the police force ;)

Surely, this being ni and all, there is a government grant available to maintain the 'youthful appearance' of the police force ;)

I’d probably have to claim that it was my traditional cultural right to have a youthful appearance to prevent discrimstion from them un’s lol

I’d probably have to claim that it was my traditional cultural right to have a youthful appearance to prevent discrimstion from them un’s lol

Your hair got singed by your rhi boiler and now you need the just for men to return the natural hair colour....... In ni such a story is feasible lol

• Registered Users Posts: 32 ktrsd

Got the call today! See you's in a few weeks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Rossco22

ktrsd wrote: »
    Got the call today! See you's in a few weeks!
    Wow surprised they're still calling, great news for you though, congrats!

I can't edit the original post for some reason so here's the list:
    August 2018 Boardies:
      [*]GW88
      [*]Rossco22
      [*]Nik9
      [*]Faugha
      [*]Mb91
      [*]TheBigLight
      [*]Idngal18
      [*]Stillwaiting10
      [*]Lookff
      [*]Blue_Line
      [*]Hopefulsam
      [*]Ktrsd

Yea it only let's you edit it for a couple of days..

Yea it only let's you edit it for a couple of days..
      In that case I'll call recruitment and tell them to stop the calls as I can't edit any further lol

I can't edit the original post for some reason so here's the list:
      August 2018 Boardies:
        [*]GW88
        [*]Rossco22
        [*]Nik9
        [*]Faugha
        [*]Mb91
        [*]TheBigLight
        [*]Idngal18
        [*]Stillwaiting10
        [*]Lookff
        [*]Blue_Line
        [*]Hopefulsam
        [*]Ktrsd

Are we going to put it out there when we start and ask who was who on boards? On spend 6 months wondering who was who?

Received my pack in the post!

Blue_Line wrote: »

I see banterbput something on about being shafted... what’s he on about? Are we all being sent to warrenpoint as brexit patrol or something? I’m away with work so can’t get my post

There is 4 districts unavailable bud. Nothing too serious. All looks good. Only part about the district form i dont like is...
        "Please note having a mortgage, young children or travel time to station is not considered to be compelling".

There is 4 districts unavailable bud. Nothing too serious. All looks good. Only part about the district form i dont like is...
        "Please note having a mortgage, young children or travel time to station is not considered to be compelling".

I wonder what would be? As an organistation award of low staff morale they really do not do themselves many favours lol

• Advertisement

Blue_Line wrote: »

I see banterbput something on about being shafted... what’s he on about? Are we all being sent to warrenpoint as brexit patrol or something? I’m away with work so can’t get my post
        Lol I'd be happy with Warrenpoint

Advertisement