Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act One Scene IV(a) - The Dead in Osinzir

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Banjo wrote: »
    "If there's something specific you have your eye on, I can see what the book reveals. Other than that those trousers are sooooo last season. It'll only take a few minutes. But then I reeeeeally have to get moving, I have a few more stops to make before nightfall."
    "Magic box racing. Sounds like fun. A task divided is a task halved so where else have we got to look? Give me a location and I'll go for a nose around.
    As for the trousers, they are not 'last season', they are 'retro-chic' and I'm having them."
    Mags replaces the trousers of his casual clothes with the shiny new trousers then scratches the panthers head.

OOC: I'll not be posting over the weekend so heading out on separate hunts for race powerups will allow you to play on without waiting for me to roll.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

She commences the nuzzling.
    "Ok, look - what do you know about this race? I'm clueless. And how do you fit into it? And what happens to you after? And do you eat horses? And hey - do you know the shadow dudes who serve the chair downstairs? Oh, and what's in that box? And what's your name?"

The awkward silence becomes unbearable. Since it's painfully obvious the panther is not going to answer any of her questions, Retula turns her attention to the box Hetyaro is sitting on. Does it open? Are there buttons, markings etc? What is the rope/cable thing connected to it and where does the other end of it go?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

The panther clears his throat, yawns and then answers.

"I can phase in and out of solid matter. Handy for getting around obstacles. My name is Lumol.

I don't eat horses, I don't need that much meat to live and there's a good chance they're self-aware like me.

The box you're looking at was called a console on its plane, it makes entertaining images that you control. You won't be able to get it working on this plane."

"Wow. Matter phasing? Schweet! And is that just in the race or, like, all the time, as often as you want? Cool

OK, Mags, here's a list of the leads I have"

OOC :
    The Map :
    zuWtwy.jpg
    (Imageshack is blocked at work, so I can't see if that worked, but the link should bring you to Fourier's post with the map. "Little stick dudes are nomadic tribes." Points of interest for boosters:
    The Honey Pagoda (in Zhulugal)
    The Light Lake house (0207)
    The Arch of old Osinzir (0707)
    The Kingdoms beyond Gate
    Merculin's Townhouse (In Osinzir)
    Temple of the Music God (in Zhusarrum)

"I'm headed to the Arch next once I check in with those dragons you mentioned, then if I'm not bit in half I guess I'll head to Zhulugal and if the light is good I might try to get to the Light House before bed time. I know there's a nomadic tribe on the map directly in my way but like, they're a nomadic tribe - surely they'll have moved on by the time I get there, isn't that kind of the point of being a nomad? That and getting to pee outdoors like all the time?

You can come with, or if it's more your speed and you don't mind me pidgeon-holing you a little there's a temple to a music god up north - you could stop by Fathe's in Tsuzim if you need any kit, he's a bit of a tool but he's got good stuff.

Then we need to see about how we actually enter the race. Kind of an important detail."

"Wow. Matter phasing? Schweet! And is that just in the race or, like, all the time, as often as you want? Cool

OK, Mags, here's a list of the leads I have"
    "Whenever I want, though it's not perfect, I can't just slip through everything as if it were air, somethings are a real struggle"

• Advertisement

"so you have powers, but they're glitchy? Bit of a swizzle that. Show me! Can you phase me out into the garden?"

"'Temple of the Music God', too good a name to resist. Rightio, I'm off to meet with a god, should be quite the adventure donjathink? I'll catch up with you later somewhere or other."
    Mags leaves to find the road to Zhusarrum. He walks back to the bard portal on the bridge.
    "Hi there Mr. Guard, still guarding well I see. Good job. I managed to get a bite to eat thanks very much and I also passed on your message from the dragons. Right now I'm going to try and get to Zhusarrum through yon portal. Wish me luck."
    He takes out his flute and whistles a plaintive air reminiscent of the famed Zhusarrum sunsets and then steps into the rippling portal. As he does so he muses on the number of talking animals he's met in the last few days since he was thrown into some kind of game-show for a crime he may not have committed.

"well...bye then...." Retula waves at the now empty doorway.
    "All alone again. Nothing to do but stare at the ceiling feeling sorry for myself and stroke my pussy."
    She pets the panther - which somehow sounds worse - and hopes she isn't smoten for stealing the DMs joke.

"Come on, phase me out into the garden, I don't want to have to face those chair ghosts."

"Come on, phase me out into the garden, I don't want to have to face those chair ghosts."
    She finishes off a quick rub to relieve the stress, before she and Lumol jump through the wall and onto the street, out into the square behind the palace.

"Bitchin!"
    She whistles for her horse and raven and takes the whole talking zoo on the road.
    "Ok before we go I need to go say hi to the dragons, then we're off to the arch."
    And off she goes.

• Advertisement

A long line of guards around the palace look none too pleased to see Retula approach, but one of the blue dragons raises its wings, signalling to let her past.

"Come here little Raven" it says with a smile on its face.

"On my way, big lizard. Hey, I thought it was the Golds sent for me. The prices you charge, I'm not sure I can afford to talk to you."

OldGoat wrote: »
    As he does so he muses on the number of talking animals he's met in the last few days since he was thrown into some kind of game-show for a crime he may not have committed.
    Mags exits the portal, stepping out into the town of Zhusarrum, which seems to consist of huts nestled among the jungle's trees.

Berry farmers and their dinosaurs are in middle of a busy harvest, with apatosaurs carrying their berry laden baskets out into the jungle and North to Zassan.

Mags can clearly make out the temple to the music god, a large tree hut cradled by very broad purple leafed tree, with various instruments decorating its roof.

"On my way, big lizard. Hey, I thought it was the Golds sent for me. The prices you charge, I'm not sure I can afford to talk to you."
    "Oh no little one, I am to give you a gift, in light of all you have done"

He brings a claw to his scalp and draws blood, takes a cup from a guard and pools the blood in it. Then a bit of heat and spices from the palace kitchens and he has a broth.

"Drink and water and snow shall do you no harm"

Mags walks over towards the temple and stops just short of it. Rather than go in stomping over any local etiquette he watches the people for a while to see how they approach and how they show reverence at the temple.
    He casts a eye over the instruments on the roof looking for unusual or magical properties.

He also says 'Hello' to any dinosaurs passing on the off-chance that they might be sentient.

Mags walks over towards the temple and stops just short of it. Rather than go in stomping over any local etiquette he watches the people for a while to see how they approach and how they show reverence at the temple.
    He casts a eye over the instruments on the roof looking for unusual or magical properties.

He also says 'Hello' to any dinosaurs passing on the off-chance that they might be sentient.
    Most of the locals just come and go, but one trader from Zassan leaves a Zassanite guitar on the porch.

A single velociraptor does greet Mags.

"A half Orc, where are you from?"

Fourier wrote: »
    Most of the locals just come and go, but one trader from Zassan leaves a Zassanite guitar on the porch.

A single velociraptor does greet Mags.

"A half Orc, where are you from?"
    "Wherever I lay my hat, thats my home.

I've been travelling so long now that I don't really have a home town anymore. Perhaps the bard college is the closest I've got these days.

What about yourself saur? From the shape of your jaw you're not much of a berry-eater, what brings you to the music temple? Oh, by the way, do you know anything about some kind of race or anything connected with a race? A friend told me that there was some kind of powerup hereabouts."

Mags looks at his collection of instruments, his tuned armour, his hand-drum and his flute. He selects the drum, makes sure it's tuned and then tosses it high onto the roof as he saw the guitar player doing. He mumbles a prayer to whatever god may be present.
    "Ummm, hi god. It's me, Mags. Nice treehouse. Can I be of any service?"

"Oh no little one, I am to give you a gift, in light of all you have done"

He brings a claw to his scalp and draws blood, takes a cup from a guard and pools the blood in it. Then a bit of heat and spices from the palace kitchens and he has a broth.

"Drink and water and snow shall do you no harm"

She eyes the concoction a little suspiciously, while Hetyaro does a subtle fly-by to check her host for any signs of Dragonruff or Scalpscale. Then she shrugs - it's hardly the grossest thing she's put in her mouth in exchange for the promise of power.
    "How does this go in common? Uh.... May the shadows coil to choke your rivals, their menfolk plead for their continued survival, their children weep blood in the streets and fields, and and their souls your chips at every meal. Coia tal, coia gabreth, coia n'thla!"
    She knocks it back, trying to count how many creatures she's met on this plane who haven't offered her a cuppa. It's definitely the shorter list.

OOC : Awaiting confirmation that she's survived, is conscious and isn't tripping her flaps off.

The brew tastes bitter, but still surprisingly pleasant. Retula doesn't feel much different, but is aware of a surprisingly strong magical field about her.

OOC: Retula cannot drown, nor does she take environmental damage from snow and other cold weather.

What about yourself saur? From the shape of your jaw you're not much of a berry-eater, what brings you to the music temple?
    "You're right there, I just farm them"
    Oh, by the way, do you know anything about some kind of race or anything connected with a race? A friend told me that there was some kind of powerup hereabouts."
    "Yeah, the race in the Eastern canyons. It decides up to half of the nation's council. A bit daft to me, but such is human custom."
    Mags looks at his collection of instruments, his tuned armour, his hand-drum and his flute. He selects the drum, makes sure it's tuned and then tosses it high onto the roof as he saw the guitar player doing. He mumbles a prayer to whatever god may be present.
    "Ummm, hi god. It's me, Mags. Nice treehouse. Can I be of any service?"
    The temple door opens.

The locals all step back from the temple or descend the nearby vines.

"Invited in?" the raptor says surprised "A great honour"

• Advertisement

"You're right there, I just farm them"

"Yeah, the race in the Eastern canyons. It decides up to half of the nation's council. A bit daft to me, but such is human custom."

The temple door opens.

The locals all step back from the temple or descend the nearby vines.

"Invited in?" the raptor says surprised "A great honour"
    "It would be churlish of me to refuse such an offer so. Fairwell for now 'saur. Hope your berry harvest is abundant."

Mags strides into the temple, leather helmet in hand in a token gesture of reverence to whatever deity resides within.

The brew tastes bitter, but still surprisingly pleasant. Retula doesn't feel much different, but is aware of a surprisingly strong magical field about her.

OOC: Retula cannot drown, nor does she take environmental damage from snow and other cold weather.

"Smooth! OOOOoooooh, Tingles! Hope that means I'm immune to your extortionate bridge-hoisting charges now.

So, what does a girl have to do to get enough of your blood to bathe in? Actually no - scrap that! That can only go two ways and I don't think I want to do either.

Well... uh... Thanks! I guess if there's nothing else I have an arch to visit and a race to win. Might catch you on the flip side - we can totally hang out when I'm a big-shot councillor!"

Unless he wants to chat, Retula heads on to the next waypoint.

"It would be churlish of me to refuse such an offer so. Fairwell for now 'saur. Hope your berry harvest is abundant."

Mags strides into the temple, leather helmet in hand in a token gesture of reverence to whatever deity resides within.
    The first room of the temle into which Mags walks has two cloth paintings on each side, depicting the god of music, a happy red-checked man, riding a red Tyrannosaurus and tossing notes toward evil spirits living beneath the ground.

Very strangely there are flower beds with pipe instrument flowers growing from the soil, swaying back and forth to eachother's music.

There is a single door on the East wall.

Mags tootles a toot on the flute to see if the flower trumpets react.

Mags tootles a toot on the flute to see if the flower trumpets react.
    OOC: Performance check

OOC: Performance check
    OOC: A mediocre 10

The pipe instruments begin to play a pleasant tune for Mags, an altered echo of his own. In fact it's his own tune improved quite a bit.

Unless he wants to chat, Retula heads on to the next waypoint.
    Retula quickly heads back across the bridge and south to the arch.

Surprisingly it lies not on the road, but off it. The arch is azure in colour with two windows in the keystone.

Sitting in front of the arch is a straw roofed cottage.

Retula sends the raven up and over the arch for a recce and a gawk in the windows if possible. Unless danger is apparent she checks the cottage for signs of life or danger and knocks on the door

• Advertisement

Retula sends the raven up and over the arch for a recce and a gawk in the windows if possible. Unless danger is apparent she checks the cottage for signs of life or danger and knocks on the door
    One of the windows has tons and tons of paper records in it. In fact the room's insides look hundreds of times bigger than the arch itself. The second room is small enough and houses four zombified farmers.

The house currently has a fire lit, with more records on a table, knocking on the house door Retula sees it is opened a being of troll stature, though not a troll. He has large tusks in his lower jaw that jut upward and smooth red horns.

"Yes? May I help young lady?"

Advertisement